PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Far Cry 3

theczech99
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Donít buy any weapons until you unlock the mission where you go to meet with the crazy bastardís sister. This is pretty early in the game. You will unlock a second pistol, bow, assault rifle and sniper rifle all in the first few towers. You can also gain weapons by completing hunting missions.
Use your camera for tagging animals and op4 so you can keep tabs on them at all times. Marking op4 will also show you if they are normal, aggressive or sniper. If you scout the outposts with the camera you can sneak in and melee kill all within.
Clear the nearby towers to unlock FREE weapons. Then spend your money on upgrades that best fit your play style.
Hunt, craft then hunt and craft some more. Once you clear some towers you will be able to find all the animals needed for crafting gear. It didnít take me long to have all weapon positions unlocked and can now carry 230 rounds for SMG, 180 for pistol and 30 for my sniper rifle.
Watch out for wildlife. Pack animals, tigers, bears and crazy ass birds will quickly take you out.
Use mines to your advantage. You can place them between you and an animal or op4. When they come for you and run across your mine they will set it off. Also when trying to take an outpost Iíll place a few on the incoming roads in case the alarm is set off. This will cut down on the reinforcements keeping them from making it to the outpost.

HardlyCapable13
12-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Good tips.

One question, can you pick placed mines back up?

theczech99
12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Good tips.

One question, can you pick placed mines back up?

I'm not sure, haven't tried to pick them up. For a good laugh place one on any road and hide. It doesn't take long for a jeep to come driving by setting it off.

HardlyCapable13
12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure, haven't tried to pick them up. For a good laugh place one on any road and hide. It doesn't take long for a jeep to come driving by setting it off.

Will do. I honestly forgot all about my mines, molotovs, and C-4. I'll be having fun tonight!!!!

theczech99
12-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I shot some poor bastard last night while he was in the middle of throwing a cocktail. He dropped it at his feet setting hisself on fire. Next thing I know all the trees around his dead body were on fire too. Things like this is what makes FC special.

theczech99
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Please move to tips and tricks for Far Cry 3. :whistle (2):