PDA

View Full Version : Clearing enemy outposts

HardlyCapable13
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Thought it would be cool to post interesting techniques you've used to take over an outpost/camp. Obviously, unleashing caged animals is always fun.

I like to sneak in the camp and arm one of their jeeps with C-4. Then sneak back out, hop in my vehicle and roar by the camp. They all pile in their jeep and chase me, at which point I bail out and trigger the C-4. Good times...

One thing that irritates me: I snipe the alarm trigger from quite a distance, but they always seem to know exactly where it was shot from and come charging, even though my sniper rifle is silenced and I'm hiding in bushes.

theczech99
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
I always wait until no one is near the alarm when I try to take it out. The only time they've come for me was when I shot it with guys nearby.

I like to find a good over watch position if one is available. I'll then look for animals and how many alarms there are in the outpost. I always unleash the animals first. If they are busy fighting animals it makes it easy to shoot or sneak in to turn off the alarms. If the outpost is just a few guys I'll use the explosive arrows when they are grouped together. I cleared one outpost with as little as 3 arrows. I've also cleared some outpost using only my knife. These are the ones with the guys spread out and without snipers.

I might try to sneak in and place c4 around the camp including the alarm. Then get back in a lookout position to let them know I'm there. When they go for the alarm trigger the c4.

I would love to see a game like FC3 with SP co-op. That would be EPIC!

Madlob75
12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I would love to see a game like FC3 with SP co-op. That would be EPIC!

That would be a lot of fun. I was on the mission where you have to set fire to the drug fields and thinking it would be awesome with teammates.

As for the outposts, I guess I'm still at the easy ones. I just unleash the animals and snipe the stragglers. I like the C4 trap, will have to try that.

theczech99
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
The drug fields were awesome! I loved burning all the plants and your guy starts getting high from it. Very nice touch they added to the game. I burned down the small village below the drug fields. Dang this game is fun!

dinsdale1978
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I usually take out snipers and try to lure any but heavies into non-patrol areas to snipe them. Then I usually create a diversion that draws the rest into a line and do a multi-takedown. It all depends but most of my captures have been 1500 XP non-detections. Love this game.

Madlob75
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I usually take out snipers and try to lure any but heavies into non-patrol areas to snipe them. Then I usually create a diversion that draws the rest into a line and do a multi-takedown. It all depends but most of my captures have been 1500 XP non-detections. Love this game.

What system are you playing on?

dinsdale1978
12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
PC. I should have gotten it on Xbox but it really looks good on PC.