PDA

View Full Version : War z

theczech99
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Are any PC players looking to get The War Z? Iíd really be interested in trying it our but would rather start off with a group.

http://www.thewarz.com/index.html

The War Z is the world's first survival mmo Zombie Game. You may have played Zombie Games before - now it's time to live one.

It's been five years since the outbreak; leaving in its wake a post-apocalyptic nightmare with ninety-five percent of the human population gone. In order to stay alive, you will need food, weapons, and other supplies. Some of you will be able to scavenge as you navigate the terrain, others will be forced to fight for survival as you encounter zombies and other players. Every decision will have an impact on whether you live or how quickly you die.

The War Z is as simple as this - once you install the game to your computer, you will be able to get into the game quickly and play without worrying about subscription fees, no hidden fees, and no paid updates. All updates will be seamlessly delivered to you free of charge when they're released. Add AAA graphics and effects mixed with the ability to run even on integrated video cards or low end laptops and you have a unique, fun, experience that is available to everyone.

Choose one of the hundreds of servers to play on.
Each Zombie Game world has an area of up to 400 square kilometers.
As more worlds become available, just switch between them at any time, without losing your character's data, or paying any "world transfer fees".
Start playing in our first world "Colorado", today, and prepare yourself to join other gameplay locations scattered around the world as we release more and more content.

Create your own survival experience by selecting one of the available characters, customizing them and helping them to navigate through hostile world of The War Z.
Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game.
No classes and restrictions, no levels, or unrealistic stat modifications.
Your goal is to survive this Zombie Game and the ones that survive longest will be victorious!

As you progress through this Zombie Game, exploring what happened, you will find notes and diaries that NPCs and other players left for you. These will have hints to the whereabouts of supplies and weapons you will need to survive.
The War Z is an open world Zombie Game; as you explore and immerse yourself in this post-apocalyptic world you'll discover more than you ever imagined.
You will find yourself hiding from zombies and other players;
exploring hidden parts of the map and discovering hidden
stashes throughout your journey.

It's not easy to stay in touch with your friends in most games. This has been a key feature of War Z Zombie Game from the beginning. You are able to create a group, with friends, and then automatically join the same Zombie Game server together.
You will also have the option to rent and manage custom servers without leaving the Zombie Game. Players can create either public or private servers, allocating reserved slots to their friends or group members.

SouthtownSlayer
12-20-2012, 03:27 PM
"Valve Removes War-Z From Steam, Apologizes And Offers Refunds"

For those of you zombie fanatics who have purchased Hammerpoint’s War-Z game on Steam and are unhappy with your purchase, Valve has announced that refunds will be issued and that War Z has been pulled from the Steam sale. This is, however, only until the developers behind War-Z iron out all of the issues that the game seems to be experiencing and can rectify some of the false advertisement regarding it’s key features.

But that’s not all. Valve has gone as far as releasing this statement regarding the matter:

From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchased the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here.

Again, we apologize any inconvenience."

Taken from MP1st.com

I tried the Beta and didn't like it at all but it was the beta so that isn't saying much. What I didn't like was running around and not seeing a single thing and when I finally did I didn't have a weapon to kill the freaking thing. I guess you could say the final nail in the coffin was me getting killed by some asshole numerous times, was very very frustrating. Yeah I know survival is what the game is all about but sorry just not my thing.

Gink
12-20-2012, 09:46 PM
"[I]Valve Removes War-Z From Steam, Apologizes And Offers Refunds"

For those of you zombie fanatics who have purchased Hammerpointís War-Z game on Steam and are unhappy with your purchase, Valve has announced that refunds will be issued and that War Z has been pulled from the Steam sale. This is, however, only until the developers behind War-Z iron out all of the issues that the game seems to be experiencing and can rectify some of the false advertisement regarding itís key features.

Taken from MP1st.com

I tried the Beta and didn't like it at all but it was the beta so that isn't saying much. What I didn't like was running around and not seeing a single thing and when I finally did I didn't have a weapon to kill the freaking thing. I guess you could say the final nail in the coffin was me getting killed by some asshole numerous times, was very very frustrating. Yeah I know survival is what the game is all about but sorry just not my thing.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've read about the game. People felt a bit misled by advertisement and "in-game screenshots" depicting hordes of zombies and such, then finding the game to be pretty empty aside from other players who kill each other on sight.

The game was advertised to have up to 100 people per server, but servers were actually capped at 50, and some rep for the game actually said that 50 is included in "up to 100" so they weren't wrong to list that in its features.

I think the final straw for steam to pull the game though was when the devs started deleting user complaints from both their own site and steam. Oops.

I'll probably hold out for the upcoming DayZ standalone, which is supposed to be released cheap for alpha with free updates after that. I enjoyed the DayZ mod for Arma, though it would be a lot more fun with a group.

dinsdale1978
12-21-2012, 06:03 PM
You can join me and some friends in our vent channel if you do get this. I have a legend account. I haven't played much yet because they haven't added anything interesting yet. It's an okay game but is very unpolished at the moment.

Gink
12-22-2012, 06:10 PM
You can join me and some friends in our vent channel if you do get this. I have a legend account. I haven't played much yet because they haven't added anything interesting yet. It's an okay game but is very unpolished at the moment.

You played DayZ as well Dinsdale... How do the two compare?

lore77
04-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Is anyone playing Day Z? I have been hearing some interesting things about it and was thinking to give it a try. It sounds like it might be advantageous to have a group/ support. I'm not sure if that would make it better or not, it sounds like the resources are pretty hard to find. A larger group would have the advantage of more brute force/ cooperation but, it might be harder to find enough resources to support a group. You might be better off on your own or in 2-3 person groups....

ustolemygmrtag
04-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I played the mod, but the stand alone no. I paid $ for Arma 2 to play it and now they want mroe money to play the same game on a stand alone. Maybe later, but for now I will stick with Rust and Dragons Prophet(MMO, I love Dragons!).

Gink
04-02-2014, 05:28 PM
I played the mod, but the stand alone no. I paid $ for Arma 2 to play it and now they want mroe money to play the same game on a stand alone.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on it. I paid for Arma 2 and while I enjoyed the mod, never really felt like I got my money's worth. Originally the standalone was supposed to be released in a "Minecraft Style" setup of being able to buy in on the alpha for cheap and get free upgrades. I waited and waited for that, just to be expected to happily pay $30 for early access alpha. A bit steep in my mind for unfinished software. I'm not too thrilled with most of Steam's early access setup anymore, seems like Steam and devs have just figured out how to make money off alpha/beta testers. I bought early access to State of Decay PC, gave lots of feedback and bug reports on it, and by the time they released the final I was sick of it, plus they immediately put in on sale for half of what early access paid for it, and then put the sandbox mode they'd promised us on sale as full price DLC.

Sorry to rant, just get annoyed by the new trend of expecting users to pay to help them test and fix their games, not offering any perks in return, or rarely even a "thanks!".
Day Z was a pretty cool concept, and hopefully the standalone lives up to the potential. If it gets finished, and proves itself to be worth playing, I might pick it up on sale sometime.