PDA

View Full Version : Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

theczech99
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
While out and about Friday night I had to stop by Wal-Mart to pick something up for a costume my daughter had to wear for girl scouts. My plan was to also grab Sly Cooper but I decided to just by it from the PlayStation Store. I ended up getting it early Saturday morning so it would have time to download to my HD. When the game file size first showed up I was thinking WTF, 19GB! That is the size for both PS3 and Vita copies. The PS3 game is right at 16GB and the Vita is 3.8GB.

The game got good reviews but is a lot better than I expected. I find myself laughing at the goofy banter the crew has during the gameplay. The Vita demo didnít do the game much justice. I didnít check out the PS3 version but itís probably the same as the Vita demo. The demo is the very first part of the game which is in place to show you most of the controls youíll be using. The coins you collect let you buy new moves and abilities so you can keep getting stronger as the game goes on. Chapter one youíll have missions for all three characters but primarily youíll be using Sly. Once you unlock Slyís relative youíll play a few missions as him too.

In the game you travel back in time to different eras. Once youíre in the chapter location youíll have treasures to find, bottles to collect and a safe to open, on top of completing all the missions and beating the final boss. Once you find a treasure youíll have to beat the timer getting it to your hideout. Within the hideout there are a few arcade games to play but I havenít unlocked any of them yet. Iím still missing a bottle in chapter 1. You must have all 30 bottles to unlock the safe which gives you access to play the arcade games in the hideout. You can always time travel back to a previous chapter for more of a free play style or replay the missions. When in range of the bottles they make a sound so I shouldnít have too much trouble finding the 1 Iím missing. In all Sly Cooper is a fun game for kids and adults. Since I bought the digital copy I was able to download it on my kidsí PS3 for them to play too.

Finally; the cross save feature is awesome for Sly Cooper. The game is the same on PS3 and Vita. For the most part the controls are the same on both but with a few minor differences. When done playing on either platform I just hit the pause button, select cross-save then select upload or download. Then I grab a different platform, go to cross-save, download the save from the cloud and continue right where I was in my game.

RC-1136
02-19-2013, 01:00 PM
While out and about Friday night I had to stop by Wal-Mart to pick something up for a costume my daughter had to wear for girl scouts. My plan was to also grab Sly Cooper but I decided to just by it from the PlayStation Store. I ended up getting it early Saturday morning so it would have time to download to my HD. When the game file size first showed up I was thinking WTF, 19GB! That is the size for both PS3 and Vita copies. The PS3 game is right at 16GB and the Vita is 3.8GB.

The game got good reviews but is a lot better than I expected. I find myself laughing at the goofy banter the crew has during the gameplay. The Vita demo didn’t do the game much justice. I didn’t check out the PS3 version but it’s probably the same as the Vita demo. The demo is the very first part of the game which is in place to show you most of the controls you’ll be using. The coins you collect let you buy new moves and abilities so you can keep getting stronger as the game goes on. Chapter one you’ll have missions for all three characters but primarily you’ll be using Sly. Once you unlock Sly’s relative you’ll play a few missions as him too.

In the game you travel back in time to different eras. Once you’re in the chapter location you’ll have treasures to find, bottles to collect and a safe to open, on top of completing all the missions and beating the final boss. Once you find a treasure you’ll have to beat the timer getting it to your hideout. Within the hideout there are a few arcade games to play but I haven’t unlocked any of them yet. I’m still missing a bottle in chapter 1. You must have all 30 bottles to unlock the safe which gives you access to play the arcade games in the hideout. You can always time travel back to a previous chapter for more of a free play style or replay the missions. When in range of the bottles they make a sound so I shouldn’t have too much trouble finding the 1 I’m missing. In all Sly Cooper is a fun game for kids and adults. Since I bought the digital copy I was able to download it on my kids’ PS3 for them to play too.

Finally; the cross save feature is awesome for Sly Cooper. The game is the same on PS3 and Vita. For the most part the controls are the same on both but with a few minor differences. When done playing on either platform I just hit the pause button, select cross-save then select upload or download. Then I grab a different platform, go to cross-save, download the save from the cloud and continue right where I was in my game.

We got this. My 5 y/o plays in the PS3 and my 9 y/o plays on the Vita. It is a really fun game. They love it.

theczech99
03-05-2013, 09:28 AM
I finished Sly Cooper last night on the Vita. Iím thinking about going back for some trophy whoring because I get double trophies since I have it on Vita and PS3. I can get the platinum on the Vita, save the game to the cloud, then fire it up on PS3 and get all the trophies just by loading my game save.

xMisFitToyx
03-05-2013, 09:43 AM
i finished sly cooper last night on the vita. I’m thinking about going back for some trophy whoring because i get double trophies since i have it on vita and ps3. I can get the platinum on the vita, save the game to the cloud, then fire it up on ps3 and get all the trophies just by loading my game save.

Woot!!