PDA

View Full Version : Who's getting the PS4?

theczech99
02-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Iím curious to see what PS3 owners are planning to do when the PS4 is released. My main MP games are from the Battlefield series and itís just been confirmed that BF4 will be released on the next gen platforms. I was curious to see if the MPís playing BF3 will be divided by the new console. Personally Iíll be preordering the PS4 as soon as itís available from a reliable retailer.

mechatool
02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm going to pick up the ps4.....I just depends on the games that are released as to when I pick it up.

RC-1136
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I am going to pre-order it as well. I'm going to go with the Sony next gen console no matter what, so why wait. I'm sure both will have bugs when they first come out.

Badgerute
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm a day one purchase.

Madlob75
02-25-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm probably a day one purchase.....depends on what games are out. Obviously BF4, looking forward to that.

xMisFitToyx
02-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Since they have said current games will not be backward compatible, I will not be getting one. (unless it is for my son ... upon his request).

Borlaxx
02-25-2013, 12:17 PM
I voted that I would be getting one, but not sure when. All going to depend on the price and how big my end of year bonus is this year. The next Killzone game is enough convincing for me. Not concerned about the lack of backwards compatibility since I will still have my PS3 and no point in trading it in for next to nothing. However, if the new Xbox is otherwise similar but it DOES have backwards compatibility with 360 games (which I doubt) I may get that instead since I never had a 360 and I can then play all the games I missed like the Left4Dead series.

RC-1136
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
I voted that I would be getting one, but not sure when. All going to depend on the price and how big my end of year bonus is this year. The next Killzone game is enough convincing for me. Not concerned about the lack of backwards compatibility since I will still have my PS3 and no point in trading it in for next to nothing. However, if the new Xbox is otherwise similar but it DOES have backwards compatibility with 360 games (which I doubt) I may get that instead since I never had a 360 and I can then play all the games I missed like the Left4Dead series.

I agree completely what you said about not trading your PS3. That is why I am not worried about the reverse compatibility either.

Retro
02-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Definitely getting one, I need a release date to know if it's a day one purchase though.

Black_Out_424
02-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Getting one just not on day one. Hoping the wife gets it for me on our anniversary in April, since the PS3 was the wedding present. Just have to see. If she does not buy it for me then then I will be getting it the day after our anniversary.

Beano
02-25-2013, 12:58 PM
I am a day one fanboy. Can't wait for the new Killzone.

Major Stains
02-25-2013, 04:45 PM
I will get one if the Wii U gets left behind by the devs.
Sadly I cannot justify two systems, so it would be an 'all or nothing' move for me.

tweety
02-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I am sure that there will be one eventually bought for my house.

FeelinKorny
02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Ill be day 1. Its not the bc that bothers me. Its the whole ps+ thing ive been scammed into. All these ps1, digital ect games. When i upgrade my pc to better specs i still have access to my games. I kinda feel like ive been scammed. put its the negative of digital gaming.

Spike Forehand
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I would just be kidding myself if I said anything other than day 1 purchase. May get a full driving setup too cause that drivers club game looks awesome.

Madlob75
03-03-2013, 07:48 PM
I really got into Gran Turismo and bought a driving wheel and everything. Totally sucked, pretty much couldn't control the car at all. Sent it back.

REMEC87
03-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Ill probably get it day 1. I only play FPS so not sure if there will be anything worth getting at launch though...

cronam
03-05-2013, 08:09 AM
i will be getting both consoles on release.

sam007
03-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Oh man, the only game I'll be playing is BF, since my PC should still be good to go for BF4, but not many MP's are on PC, it will have to be a "how much will it be" before I commit.

sureMOE
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
I pre-ordered mine. Hopefully I will get day 1 or close to. I am waiting to order BF4 to see what pre-order bonuses the different places are offering.

Spike Forehand
06-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Where did you place the pre-order?

Gink
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm torn, there aren't a bunch of launch titles I have to have right away, and I have enough PS3 backlog to keep me busy for a while. Would normally wait for the bugs to get shaken out of the new console, but then there's BF4, which I'll be wanting to play ASAP and on the PS4 with more players. Might be enough to push me into a pre-order.

sureMOE
06-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I just went with Amazon. They have always been good to me. I can't imagine anyone is going to have much of a benefit over any other place because of the fact that it will be a holiday launch. The demand will be so high, these things will sell themselves.

FeelinKorny
06-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Do deliveries arrive early in the morning? Around my area UPS doesn't hit till about 2pm. If I can go to a mid night launch and get a solid half a day head start on my PS4 gaming id rather go to gamestop.

Spike Forehand
06-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Ordered with Amazon. I'm assuming that they won't charge my c/c until it ships? If not, I got some splainin to do. :ballchain:

Will be tempted to do what Korny is doing though, especially if it is released during the time I'll be on vacation last two weeks in December.

Hoping they move the launch up to like Thanksgiving.

HardlyCapable13
06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Hoping they move the launch up to like Thanksgiving.

Thought I saw somewhere it was supposed to be the Tuesday before thanksgiving.

Major Stains
06-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Ordered with Amazon. I'm assuming that they won't charge my c/c until it ships? If not, I got some splainin to do. :ballchain:.

No, they don't charge till shipping.
That's why I preordered, plenty of time to soften the blow/ cancel due to no funds/ change to xBone/ whatever.

I've got BF4 and The Division sat in my checkout. A bit nervous about BF4 and my inability with DS controls.

Madlob75
06-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Preordered today

Danbo
06-12-2013, 08:23 AM
No, they don't charge till shipping.
That's why I preordered, plenty of time to soften the blow/ cancel due to no funds/ change to xBone/ whatever.

I've got BF4 and The Division sat in my checkout. A bit nervous about BF4 and my inability with DS controls.

We'll support you stains :)

mechatool
06-12-2013, 09:33 AM
My wife gave me to go ahead to preorder last night! :biggrin1: Now I need to decide who to order from.

Ullrsdog
06-12-2013, 09:39 AM
I pre-ordered mine. Hopefully I will get day 1 or close to. I am waiting to order BF4 to see what pre-order bonuses the different places are offering.

I picked up both from Amazon...figured that would be the easy way. Yeah some of the other places may offer better bonus material but MEH, I say that and then I'll find out that the XXX is only available if you pre-order through game stop or whatever. OH WELL I pulled the trigger yesterday and now can't wait for the BETA.

Danbo
06-12-2013, 09:54 AM
I picked up both from Amazon...figured that would be the easy way. Yeah some of the other places may offer better bonus material but MEH, I say that and then I'll find out that the XXX is only available if you pre-order through game stop or whatever. OH WELL I pulled the trigger yesterday and now can't wait for the BETA.

I think I'll go to the retail store and reserve a copy, whenever that is available.