PDA

View Full Version : Release Dates for 30 Year Anniversary Games for $0.30

Borlaxx
03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Found a site that is listing the release dates for the classic Nintendo games that can be downloaded for $0.30 for a limited time via the Wii U Virtual Console. Not sure how accurate it is, but if this list is true, I will be downloading all of the upcoming games. The thought of playing Super Metroid while chilling in bed is awesome.

January 23 – February 21: Balloon Fight (Didn't download it)
February 20 – March 21: F-Zero (I already downloaded this)
March 20 – April 18: Punch Out! Featuring Mr. Dream (I will be getting this for sure)
April 17 – May 16: Kirby’s Adventure (Nice!)
May 15 – June 13: Super Metroid (HELL TO THE YES!!!!!!)
June 12 – July 11: Yoshi (Never played it, will give it a shot)
July 15 – August 13: Donkey Kong (Will download it)

http://www.minifortress.com/2013/01/exact-release-dates-for-every-30-cent-virtual-console-game/

Mutt
03-05-2013, 04:10 PM
I skipped on the first one. Even for $0.30. I got it with the Ambassadors program on the 3DS and I don't like it. I got F-Zero this month. I'll get Punch Out! Kirby's Adventure, Yoshi is another one I already have on 3DS as well and Donkey Kong I'll pass. But Super Meroid Hell yeah! Off TV play on the GamePad? It's going to be freaking awesome. The isolation, music and environments are a work of art. I played a little bit of it on the Wii VC and it still stands up today. I can't wait for May 15. All of the games are an absolute steal at $0.30.

Having said that, I hope to see Super Castlevania IV and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past under the regular VC.

Borlaxx
03-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Having said that, I hope to see Super Castlevania IV and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past under the regular VC.

Those two, plus Chrono Trigger would make me a very happy fanboy.

Mutt
03-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Those two, plus Chrono Trigger would make me a very happy fanboy.

Oh boy, I forgot about Chrono Trigger. Such a good game!

Major Stains
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
It's annoying that they couldn't link the old 'Nintendo Points' and 'Stars' to purchase these games.
Can't imagine that I'll ever get to use them again, and I doubt I'll bother using a card just for 30p...

Borlaxx
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
I just gave them my card number and picked the option not to save it, even though I went through the psn hack, because I like to live dangerously.

Mutt
03-06-2013, 09:08 AM
I just gave them my card number and picked the option not to save it, even though I went through the psn hack, because I like to live dangerously.

I had put in a Vanilla card to see if it worked and it does which I was surprised. Still have a balance left from that.

HardlyCapable13
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Can you get these on the 3DS or just WiiU?

Mutt
03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Can you get these on the 3DS or just WiiU?

The $0.30 promotion is for the Wii U and not the 3DS. The 3DS VC does have Punch Out! Balloon Fight & Yoshi. I believe they are priced from $3.99 to $4.99 respectively.