PDA

View Full Version : Guacamelee

theczech99
04-15-2013, 09:36 AM
I picked this up Saturday with my credit from last month's promotion. This is an extremely good old school style platforming game. Guacamelee is one of the most challenging games I've played in a long time. The combat is not too bad but can offer some challenging moments. Most of all the challenging parts come from the platforming in the game.

It's awesome when you can pay one low price and get a game for 2 devices. The cross-save and gameplay between the PS3 and Vita is flawless! Very good and intelligently crafted game by Drinkbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbzxY_4tjQ

theczech99
04-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I finished Guacamelee Wednesday. It took me right at 14hrs to finish the game. It can be done much faster but you will miss out on a lot of the action and collectables if you just run through playing the main boss battles. In all a great game especially for the price.

donhardeone
07-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Just picked this game up for Xbox One as part of the Games for Gold. I am loving this game! Very Metroid-esque gameplay. As mentioned above, the fighting is not overtly hard (though some parts pose a decent challenge). However, navigating the world can be downright frustrating in a god way. I haven't finished it yet, but I doubt I will be playing much else until I do.

Can a mod or admin move this into a more general forum since it isn't just PS.

HardlyCapable13
07-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Super fun and addicting little game. Love the nods to the classics.

Like don said, this is a Metroidvania style platformer, so not for everyone. But since is free on xBone this month, there's no reason NOT to try it.