PDA

View Full Version : Gamepad Already Broken.......

Borlaxx
05-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I have to call Nintendo and send in my gamepad for repair. Every time I try to use the system it frequently thinks I am pressing up on the left analog stick. This makes going through the menus in the store and other places impossible as it just keeps scrolling right back up to the top of the page, and makes playing games like COD frustrating as my character just keeps walking forward. It is for sure the gamepad since if I manage to start a game using the pro controller or Wii games using the wii remote I don't have the problem.

I have barely had this system 6 months and haven't played it heavily at all. Meanwhile, my dualshocks for my PS3 that I have had for years with zillions of more hours used are still working like champs. This does not give me warm and fuzzy feelings about the gamepad's build quality.

TonkaToys
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Ouch - that's a bit soon for this to happen!

Major Stains
05-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Sorry to read this.

My wife (who knows very little about gaming/consoles etc) made only one comment when I got the Wii U.
And that was how the gamepad looked like a cheap 'Etch-a-sketch'.

I silently agreed to myself. The build is pretty basic to say the least.

It was interesting to read that Mutt thought the basic model felt more solid than the deluxe version for some reason.
I'm starting to hammer the Dual stick whilst playing Rayman, so this doesn't fill me with confidence.

Hopefully Nintendo support, will replace it without question.

Borlaxx
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Hopefully Nintendo support, will replace it without question.

They better, or I will be replacing my Wii U and all the games I have without question.

It pisses me off. I can't even finish Lego City Undercover now, and I was really into that game. Ever since this started I got a used copy of Fallout New Vegas on my PS3 and have become addicted to it and haven't even be motivated to call Nintendo yet. It puts a bad taste in my mouth about the whole damn system.

Major Stains
05-23-2013, 11:51 AM
I can't even finish Lego City Undercover now, and I was really into that game.

Such a funny game.

I'm wondering if the Marvel/ Batman2 Lego titles will contain as much humour. It cracks me up!

Retro
05-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Try this if you haven't before contacting Nintendo.
Lay gamepad flat ( on of course ) let both sticks return to central position and then press and hold a , b , + and - for a few seconds. see if it works

Borlaxx
06-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Try this if you haven't before contacting Nintendo.

Thanks. Tried it, but didn't work. Something is physically wrong with the gamepad.

I haven't even called Nintendo yet. I have been playing Fallout New Vegas almost non-stop.

The fact that a game that is a couple years old on an older system enthralls me more than anything I have played on the Wii U yet to the point that I am not even concerned about getting the Wii U fixed at this point isn't a good sign. The Wii U NEEDS expansive games like Fallout. I love Nintendo exclusives, but the system is going to fail without proper 3rd party "core" games.

xMisFitToyx
06-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Thanks. Tried it, but didn't work. Something is physically wrong with the gamepad.

I haven't even called Nintendo yet. I have been playing Fallout New Vegas almost non-stop.

The fact that a game that is a couple years old on an older system enthralls me more than anything I have played on the Wii U yet to the point that I am not even concerned about getting the Wii U fixed at this point isn't a good sign. The Wii U NEEDS expansive games like Fallout. I love Nintendo exclusives, but the system is going to fail without proper 3rd party "core" games.

My experience with Nintendo repair has been great ... My son's "Lite" hinge broke 1 month out of warranty, and they fixed it at no charge within a week.

Lumchan
06-06-2013, 09:53 AM
We've also had great experiences with Nintendo except when they forgot to wipe and restore one of the Wii replacements we got, but other than that it's been good. Our Gamepad had been heavily used and abused by the kids. It is still working great. Hopefully you can get it replaced quickly.

Mutt
06-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I had GamePad analog stick issues as well.

Sent in just the GamePad (all other controllers were fine) and they replaced only to have the same problem when I got the replacement GamePad.

They asked that I ship the GamePad and the Wii U console and they said they found no problem. I looked at the logs on the system and iirc they spent like 5 minutes on NSMBU.

The problem was still there. I eventually got in touch with a Nintendo Supervisor and they replaced thed whole Deluxe system.

It was a lot of work but it was not difficult to get them to replace the system. My issue was a worst case scenario. If anyone has to send your console in and transfered your saves from the Wii to the Wii U, it sits on the system memory, make sure you transfer it to an SD card!

Borlaxx
08-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Finally got around to sending in my broken gamepad today, and should hopefully have it back in under 2 weeks. Had to get Nintendo to generate a new work number since it took me over 30 days to get to sending it in. When the rep asked why, I just told her "well, I've been playing my PS3 and haven't really missed the Wii U much at all." I got an uneasy laugh followed by silence as a response.

I'm not going to sell it right away when I get it back. I'm going to give Nintendo up until Christmas to give me a reason to keep the Wii U, like announcing a release date for a new Zelda, the new Smash Bros, and other new games WITH release dates and not just "in the future." That will give me time to finish Lego City Undercover, honestly the only game on Wii U I would say is a "must play" at this point. Otherwise, I am going to sell it and use whatever money I get to buy a PS4 or XB1.

Feel free to leave me on your friend list if you want for now, but if all you play is Black Ops 2 you can go ahead and remove me. I sold that after I started to get issues with the gamepad and it became apparent that it would never get any DLC, and since I doubt that will change for future games I will never buy another COD game on the Wii U again.

Major Stains
08-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Feel free to leave me on your friend list if you want for now, but if all you play is Black Ops 2 you can go ahead and remove me. I sold that after I started to get issues with the gamepad and it became apparent that it would never get any DLC, and since I doubt that will change for future games I will never buy another COD game on the Wii U again.

I still never got a game in with you!
Maybe in 2028 when they release MarioKart2!

And yes, the Lego City Undercover is a must have, it's still the go to game for our family.

See you around, and good luck with the gamepad.