PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my Wii U account?

FeelinKorny
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I turn on my Wii U this morning. There are 3 accounts on the system. AT the screen with the pictures of the users Miis to click and sign in. I notice my account has a orange background while the other 2 are blue. There is also a ! in the corner. I can sign into my account. But I cannot use anything internet related. The other accounts are just fine. I can use all internet related stuff like gaming and Netflix.

I thought maybe it was because the little update that released. But I can use the other accounts just fine. Im not sure whats going on with it. I got the kids watching cartoons on another account right now. Ill look into it more a bit later. But I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas.

FeelinKorny
07-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Never mind. It fixed itself I guess. That was odd.

Danbo
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
When my account is orange, its because I brought my Wii elsewhere and haven't changed my wifi settings yet. It's totally Internet related. Just means the Wii can't find Internet...

FeelinKorny
07-11-2013, 09:28 AM
See that's what I thought. But I could use the other accounts on the same system. Didn't make sense that the internet would work for one account but not another on the same system. My headsets are in delivery and will be here any time now. My first thought when I seen orange was "oh great ill get my headsets and not be able to play tonight".

Mutt
07-11-2013, 10:11 AM
I've had mine orange when about 3 or 4 times when I turned it on. It means it's offline. I simply turn the machine off and back on, it comes back and my Mii is blue and stays like that for the remainder of my session. Turning my Wii U ooff/on fixed it everytime.

tweety
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Tried playing earlier and couldn't run. Could only move side to side. So I noticed I needed to download the update. Took a good 20 min or longer. It fixed the problem. Also been noticing when I shut the Wii off, it will turn red, but then it goes to orange. Any ideas on this?

Danbo
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Probably to indicate its connected to wifi...

Mutt
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Tried playing earlier and couldn't run. Could only move side to side. So I noticed I needed to download the update. Took a good 20 min or longer. It fixed the problem. Also been noticing when I shut the Wii off, it will turn red, but then it goes to orange. Any ideas on this?

Orange means it's downloading a game update while machine is off. It's a change from the previous major update.

Low power-state.

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/T7QlbLn7yWURXXgVwYOBLsNgEOkiU33B