PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Day 1: What will you be playing?

Danbo
08-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Ok so I am asking for the day off to attend the midnight launch and make it a 3-day weekend of gaming.

As I am new to the PS4, I was wanting to know who of you will be getting the PS4 on day 1, and which games will you be playing? I can and will be swayed by the results of your posts!

HardlyCapable13
08-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Ok so I am asking for the day off to attend the midnight launch and make it a 3-day weekend of gaming.

That, my friend, is an awesome idea!

Here's the PS4 launch lineup, for quick reference (although more could be added):

Blu-ray and PS Store Digital Download:

•Assassin’s Creed Black Flag
•Battlefield 4
•Call of Duty: Ghosts
•Driveclub
•FIFA 14
•Just Dance 2014
•Killzone: Shadow Fall
•Knack
•LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
•Madden NFL 25
•NBA 2K14
•NBA LIVE
•Need for Speed: Rivals
•Skylanders: Swap Force
•Watch Dogs

Digital Download only:

•Basement Crawl
•Blacklight
•Contrast
•Counterspy
•DC Universe
•Doki-Doki Universe
•Flower
•Hohokum
•Minecraft
•N++
•Pinball Arcade
•Planetside 2
•Pool POOL Nation Extreme
•ResoGun
•Super Motherload
•Tiny Brains
•War Thunder
•Warframe

Jackie R
08-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Any slim chance that I would be getting a PS4 at/near launch is pretty much squashed now.

I just don't need the heat right now from the wife.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnHweTmJxBK8sK1DGgKrr8Q02RuA7DQ kzF9dDZzo0dg0RDReYlUA

Danbo
08-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I just don't need the heat right now from the wife.

Have you tried this?
http://www.odd-goddess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ac-1.jpg

Danbo
08-22-2013, 02:36 PM
On a more serious note, that sucks :(

mechatool
08-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I will be playing BF4 on the PS3 day one. I will pick up AC and Watchdogs later down the line (4 or 5 months after launch).

FeelinKorny
08-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Day 1 Killzone since I got the Killzone bundle. But I plan to add BF4 rather quickly.

Borlaxx
08-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Well, I likely will not get either this or XB until closer to Christmas when I get my bonus. When I do, if history is any indication, I will end up playing the game nobody else is playing.......

Honestly if I go with PS4 I will have a hard time deciding between BF and KZ. I know BF will have more MPs, but I love KZ and the new one looks like it will be epic.

FeelinKorny
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Well, I likely will not get either this or XB until closer to Christmas when I get my bonus. When I do, if history is any indication, I will end up playing the game nobody else is playing.......

Honestly if I go with PS4 I will have a hard time deciding between BF and KZ. I know BF will have more MPs, but I love KZ and the new one looks like it will be epic.

That's how I feel about KZ. I know Ill be playing it. I love them online. But majority of the peeps will be playing the more popular COD and BF. Until Destiny comes out. Then its good bye world.

Danbo
08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
That's how I feel about KZ. I know Ill be playing it. I love them online. But majority of the peeps will be playing the more popular COD and BF.

No votes for COD yet... *wink wink :behindsofa:

Jackie R
08-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Have you tried this?
http://www.odd-goddess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/ac-1.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbmzbpnM0e1qbxysx.jpg

If only it were that simple.

Badgerute
08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm worried I won't have the PS4 at launch because I don't have a pre-order in, but if I do, it'll be BF4 marathon for me. I'll probably buy KZ at the same time, but it won't get as much attention for a long time.

Danbo
08-23-2013, 10:56 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbmzbpnM0e1qbxysx.jpg

If only it were that simple.

Well you can come over and play with me then. You far from Blainville?

Jackie R
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Well you can come over and play with me then. You far from Blainville?
Cool! I live in Laval. I can practically walk to your place.

Danbo
08-23-2013, 12:49 PM
I work in Chomedey ;)

Lately I travel to Granby/Cowansville every weekend, and I will probably buy the console in Granby if there is a midnight launch, but I will have it with me during the week!

FeelinKorny
08-23-2013, 03:14 PM
See I got smart and preordered the day Amazon listed the bundles. I did the same for the X1. I had no idea if or when Id even get the system/s. I just played it safe. Now here I am with a pre order locked in im all set. I have it all planned out. As long as I put aside the money I get from another source (wickedtiffs sister lol) Ill have all my money saved up and ready to blow come launch day. If she fails me then Im screwed and wont be getting one till tax time.

Jackie R
08-23-2013, 05:35 PM
I work in Chomedey ;)

Lately I travel to Granby/Cowansville every weekend, and I will probably buy the console in Granby if there is a midnight launch, but I will have it with me during the week!

I can hear your significant other already: "Why is that guy over here all the time?" http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif

Either way, we should definitely get together for a drink sometime. REMEC doesn't live too far either (Kirkland).

Danbo
08-23-2013, 07:47 PM
We realky should. Magmarky lives in Ste-AAnne-des-Plaines, maybe I can pry him away from Civ5 for the occasion. Not sure I've ever seen REMEC?!

Btw I got my midnight launch bundle: PS4+BF4. Gonna be a sweet weekend in november!

Spike Forehand
08-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Definitely BF4 for me. I've been watching some of the livestream from Gamescom at the Battlefield site and it gives me wood. In my "other" category you can throw in AC4, Drive Club, and Pinball Arcade.

Also intrigued by War Thunder - WWII MMO.

johnnyh1976
08-24-2013, 10:57 AM
No day 1 here sadly...after buying a home, new van...and now needing a new car, our budget is tighter than a frog's snatch. We will be getting it in the new year after our bonuses and I'll be playing BF4 and Killzone non-stop.

Major Stains
08-24-2013, 02:40 PM
our budget is tighter than a frog's snatch.

Sorry to hear things are tight, but boy did that make me chuckle.

I've still got PS4 and BF4 arriving on the 29th, but have got cold feet.
Not only because of day 1 purchase nerves (thinking you guys will iron out the bugs between the 15th and the 29th), but also remembering how thumbsy I am on the DA set up after playing Blacklist last night.
Just imagine 2 bewildering months of getting teabagged, whilst in awe of the sheer 60frps awesomeness of it all!
Oh, and the Mrs will drop her O when she sees another console sat in the cupboard.

Watch this space!

TonkaToys
08-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Prolly BF4 then maybe Ghost and KZ down the line.

For the benefit of FB viewers, we're voting on what game we'll be playing first on the PS4... come and vote people!

Beano
08-30-2013, 03:05 PM
BF4 and Killzone all the way. It'll already be about 17 days into BF4 from PS3 so I may give KZ a little more attention that I would if they came out the same day. Guess it depends on how pissed off I get from getting killed from some commander with his finger on a tomahawk button lol.