PDA

View Full Version : Running

Pages : [1] 2

Madlob75
08-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Any other runners out there? I run primarily for health and T-shirts, but always need motivation. If anyone else uses the Nike running app and wants to friend up, let me know. Nothing competitive, just people to "run" with.

CELockwood
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I've been trying to start. I promised my kids i'd run one of the local 5k runs in October.

I'm in really bad shape though. Don't know about the app, what does it do?

donhardeone
08-29-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't run as much as I used to or need to, but I just got my iPod back and thus my Nike app.

Madlob75
08-29-2013, 08:44 PM
It will track your runs real time. Tells you your pace, distance and time. It's free so try it out. Get out there. Hardest part is starting.

Badgerute
08-30-2013, 09:12 AM
It will track your runs real time. Tells you your pace, distance and time. It's free so try it out. Get out there. Hardest part is starting.

Will it mock you and laugh at your performance? When do you run? I would have to get up at around 5:30 in the morning in order to run, or very late at night, neither of which is all that appealing to me. I wish I had more time.

Jackie R
08-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Started running 5 days a week now. Really starting to feel better.

Never tried the Nike app but I have been using Runkeeper.

http://doghouse.rovertown.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/workout_dog-1024x576.jpg

Madlob75
08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Will it mock you and laugh at your performance? When do you run? I would have to get up at around 5:30 in the morning in order to run, or very late at night, neither of which is all that appealing to me. I wish I had more time.

I run at night, usually no earlier than 8:30. I'm like you, it's either really early or late. I hate running first thing, so it's late. As for mocking you....not really, but it does give you the "Hey, at least you ran today!" Congratulations at the end.

LandShark
08-30-2013, 03:04 PM
will it say, "Hey fatass, you walked more than you ran!"?

REMEC87
08-30-2013, 03:16 PM
I've been running for the past year or so training for a tough mudder that I complete in July. I am coming back from a hamstring tear so my mileage isn't what it used to be but anyone who wants to look me up on the Nike+ running feel free. My goal is not so much distance these days but maintaining consistency running 3-4 tmes a week.

Look me up Warren Russell

REMEC87
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Actually remec87 can be used to look me up too

Madlob75
08-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Actually remec87 can be used to look me up too

Awesome...had did you pick out the right William Powell?

REMEC87
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
I didn't... I typed out Madlob75 assuming you were as big a geek as me and there you were lol

REMEC87
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
*geek*

Madlob75
08-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Geeks of the world UNITE!!

REMEC87
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Who is A.J.? I assume a fellow MP?

Madlob75
09-02-2013, 03:00 PM

Yes....you know him, but since its his real name, I'll let him tell you.

REMEC87
09-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes....you know him, but since its his real name, I'll let him tell you.

I understand...can never be too careful to give out your gamer tag with identity theft running rampant. Real names are okay but let's protect the gamer tags for the children...

Madlob75
09-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Smartass

REMEC87
09-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Smartass

But of course kind sir...

Ullrsdog
09-03-2013, 10:00 AM

AJ Reed is me Rem...you already accepted the request so thanks, and you may have noticed my Ullrsdog is listed, yes we are all geeks...I told this to Lob and will tell you too. I am at 5500 feet / 1676m above sea level so my miles are 3 minutes slower due to lack of oxygen!

Lob reminded me it's not competitive, and seeing as I've run more in the last 2-3 weeks than I ever have, and haven't run a mile since highschool football I feel pretty good. Then I see you and Lob running 5k as a jog I just get blown away.

My goal is to be able to run a 5k with my daughter at the end of October. This is her third year in a running program at school and last year I got to watch her run the race, she was right there in the mix for fastest 4th grader (all girls running program) and was 2nd or 3rd for all the kids from our area. I was so proud to watch her power through it, that I said I have to try to run with her this year.

REMEC87
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM
That's cool Dog...it's totally not a competition. If it were I'd be pretty depressed as some of my friends run casual half marathons every week. For me, it'll be more motivation than anything else...if I see you or madlob ran it'll help get me off my ass.

My goal is to try and run injury free while improving my times and distance. Youll see me running 10km+ somedays and only a mile on others so dont sweat how far youre running. a year ago i could barely run a mile.

I'm into the obstacle course races right now so I'll be try to get in better shape all around. I'll also be switching to an inside track in November which is always easier.

REMEC87
09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
My 2013 injuries include a pulled calf muscle and a torn hamstring. Listening to my body more these days to prevent anything else.

Ullrsdog
09-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Not looking forward to the indoors...the track at our recreation center is only something like 100m...it seems to have been an afterthought. I only say this because it circles the border of the weight room so you also have to deal with people crossing the track, putting their towels or water on the track and that sort of thing. Either way hoping to keep it up as I need to for my own health and I really enjoy getting out with my daughter for more than just ski dates.

Jackie R
09-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Youll see me running 10km+ somedays
Nice! :thumb:

My 2013 injuries include a pulled calf muscle and a torn hamstring. Listening to my body more these days to prevent anything else.

OUCH!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/pets/migration/000546222.jpg

I have pulled my hamstring many times and it hurts like hell. Can't imagine how a tear must feel.

RC-1136
09-03-2013, 02:54 PM
I ran 5 miles at Lunch today and I'm still sweating.

REMEC87
09-03-2013, 03:05 PM

Nice job buddy!

Ullrsdog
09-03-2013, 03:14 PM

In game doesn't count RC!!! Just fucking with ya....nice work!! Rem, Madlob, and I are all buddies on nike plus...join us so we all have more motivation!

Badgerute
09-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Well you all motivated me to start running again. However, I've got a Nokia Windows phone and the app store does not have the nike app it appears. That blows. Maybe it will be coming soon.

Ullrsdog
09-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Well you all motivated me to start running again. However, I've got a Nokia Windows phone and the app store does not have the nike app it appears. That blows. Maybe it will be coming soon.

It requires a mic Badger!!!

Badgerute
09-04-2013, 08:50 AM
It requires a mic Badger!!!

Ha. Just wait for the weekend. I'll be mic'd up and you all will be begging for me to unmic.

Ullrsdog
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Ha. Just wait for the weekend. I'll be mic'd up and you all will be begging for me to unmic.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

so as promised boys busted out a quick 1 mile run at 8000 feet this morning...put in my fastest 1K time to boot but couldn't keep up the pace and fell back to my normal 10minute mile.

REMEC87
09-04-2013, 11:44 AM
CAN'T WAIT!!!!

so as promised boys busted out a quick 1 mile run at 8000 feet this morning...put in my fastest 1K time to boot but couldn't keep up the pace and fell back to my normal 10minute mile.

That's great Dog! Tempo/speed running is perfect to improve your pace. Especially at that altitude! You'd probably smoke all is sea level dwellers.

Planning a easy run tonight....my legs are a little too tight these days.

Madlob75
09-04-2013, 12:46 PM
This is working..... I didn't run last night and feel bad that i didn't. I'll run tonight.

Ullrsdog
09-05-2013, 09:02 AM
That's great Dog! Tempo/speed running is perfect to improve your pace. Especially at that altitude! You'd probably smoke all is sea level dwellers.

Planning a easy run tonight....my legs are a little too tight these days.

so my daughters running club starts next week...that means I'll be running at alltitude every tuesday and thursday (hahahahha FLATLANDERS!!). Then put in a run at home over the weekend, depending on what we have going on. that's going to be my routine I think 3 runs a week. I am planning to shoot for a 5k run (ultimately the goal I started with) on the weekend of 10/5 10/6 you guys can run with me in spirit!

REMEC87
09-07-2013, 11:03 AM
so my daughters running club starts next week...that means I'll be running at alltitude every tuesday and thursday (hahahahha FLATLANDERS!!). Then put in a run at home over the weekend, depending on what we have going on. that's going to be my routine I think 3 runs a week. I am planning to shoot for a 5k run (ultimately the goal I started with) on the weekend of 10/5 10/6 you guys can run with me in spirit!

Sounds pretty good to me. One idea I'm playing with on Nike+running which might help you is changing the unit of measure if you haven't done so. Since I'm a Canuck, I usually run with metric settings but have recently switched to miles to help push me to new levels. If you were to switch to KM and use .5 km notifications it might push u to adding distance to your runs. Since your going out for a 5k anyways it'll probably be good.

Since I switched it to miles it is much more mentally tough to push that extra 1/2 mile but I like it.

Ullrsdog
09-09-2013, 12:11 PM
A friend sent me this today after I told her last week I started running (she's a runner)...some of it is even true.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

@ Remec I may do that notification thingy...I thought it would annoy me to hear but I acctually like it when the phone tells me I hit the mile mark.

I may turn to indoor running on an eliptical this week...my knees are killing me after my last run.

REMEC87
09-09-2013, 09:12 PM
That's pretty accurate for me...less of a wall more of a constant voice in my head telling me to stop.

If your knees are hurting then definitely do other cardio for sure...I had to take today off because my hamstrings were really tired after my first hockey game yesterday.

@madlob -nice run buddy! Way to set the bar that much higher for the rest of us a-hole :P

REMEC87
09-09-2013, 09:25 PM
http://howtonike.blogspot.ca/2012/12/nike-trophies-collection.html?m=1

In case anyone wanted to try and collect Nike+ running trophies like ps3 trophies.

Madlob75
09-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Lol....I have to admit, when I looked at the leader board and saw myself dead last. I had to dig down for a little extra.

@Dog -- from experience....biggest problem ive had was trying to do too much, too fast.

Madlob75
09-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Are we speaking again? I thought we were still having a bro-fight.

SouthtownSlayer
09-10-2013, 08:34 AM
How are you guys tracking your runs with this app (Cell phone or the Nike+ hardware)? I need a new watch and was curious is the Nike+ watch GPS would be worth it, I am currently running inside and like the fact that it will track that as well. I'm just trying to keep myself from hauling around my cell phone with the app as well.

RC-1136
09-10-2013, 08:34 AM
I just logged into my Nike + for the first time in 3 years. I got it when it first came out, but haven't used it since the battery in my sensor died. I might have to get a new one. I still use my 7 y/o Ipod when I run that still has the original Nike + Software on it.

Madlob75
09-10-2013, 08:46 AM
South....I use my phone. On short runs I just carry it, but for longer runs I have an arm band that will hold it.

SouthtownSlayer
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
South....I use my phone. On short runs I just carry it, but for longer runs I have an arm band that will hold it.

Thanks for the info RC....just logged onto amazon and purchased an armband :becky:, though I already know my ass is gonna break and get the freaking watch!!

Madlob75
09-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info RC....just logged onto amazon and purchased an armband :becky:, though I already know my ass is gonna break and get the freaking watch!!

No problem RC...any time.

REMEC87
09-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I just logged into my Nike + for the first time in 3 years. I got it when it first came out, but haven't used it since the battery in my sensor died. I might have to get a new one. I still use my 7 y/o Ipod when I run that still has the original Nike + Software on it.

I never did get a sensor. I just use it on my iPhone with the GPS. I have found it to be very accurate.

@madlob -we are only fighting online buddy and you know why...you just let him walk up right behind me and take my tags...midway through the tags sequence..."oh remec there is a guy..."

SouthtownSlayer
09-10-2013, 10:02 AM
So, what's everyone's Nike+ name? I'll post mine tonight once I get home from work, can't load the app on my work pc and well we're not allowed to bring our cell phones into the compound so I can't check what I make my account name.

RC-1136
09-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Into the compound? What do you work for a cult?

SouthtownSlayer
09-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Into the compound? What do you work for a cult?

HAHA!! No, I don't work for a cult, compound meaning base.

Madlob75
09-10-2013, 11:10 AM

So they ran some testing and found that the average Kool-Aid drinking cult member didn't like the term "Compound" and have changed it to Base. A little softer, but the same non the less.....lol

RC-1136
09-10-2013, 11:10 AM

Are you still in the Navy?

SouthtownSlayer
09-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Are you still in the Navy?

Yes, 9 more months.

Madlob75
09-10-2013, 04:17 PM
So, what's everyone's Nike+ name? I'll post mine tonight once I get home from work, can't load the app on my work pc and well we're not allowed to bring our cell phones into the compound so I can't check what I make my account name.

Just look up Madlob75 and you should find me.

REMEC87
09-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Just look up Madlob75 and you should find me.

Gamertag used here too. All the cool kids are doing it.

REMEC87
09-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Couldn't run again today...damn hamstring is still hurting from hockey Sunday...tomorrow will be a better hopefully.

RC-1136
09-11-2013, 07:20 AM
It is too hot to run outside here today so I am going to try and do 5 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I've been able to do it in under 43 minutes, but I'm shooting for 8 minute miles today.

SouthtownSlayer
09-11-2013, 09:46 AM
It is too hot to run outside here today so I am going to try and do 5 miles in 40 minutes on the treadmill. I've been able to do it in under 43 minutes, but I'm shooting for 8 minute miles today.

That's freaking awesome man, appreciate you posting this, it's definitely some friendly motivation which will keep me from making to many "Chief Sandwiches"!!!

RC-1136
09-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I made it. 5 miles in 40 minutes. I have to stop reading Navy Seal Books. I am reading the Warrior Elite about BUD/s training. They have to run 4 miles on the beach, in boots and pants, while wet and sandy in 32 minutes. I feel guilty if I don't run 8 minute miles.

Badgerute
09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
I made it. 5 miles in 40 minutes. I have to stop reading Navy Seal Books. I am reading the Warrior Elite about BUD/s training. They have to run 4 miles on the beach, in boots and pants, while wet and sandy in 32 minutes. I feel guilty if I don't run 8 minute miles.

So my windows phone doesn't have the nike app. if I pick up the nike watch, will it allow me to join this friendly competition? If I do, know this, I have to run uphill both ways and I have run once in the past few years (a 5k with my weefay). That won't stop me from running to each of your respective homes and punching you in the throat if you start mocking my times though.

Madlob75
09-11-2013, 01:13 PM
You can't see times, just # of runs and distance.

REMEC87
09-11-2013, 02:59 PM

And thank god for that! I'm only trying to run just under 10 minute miles...RC you put me to shame!

@badgerute -it's not a competition (I only say this because I'm not at the top of the leader board this week :P) it's just a bunch of old farts trying to relive their youth through running....

Madlob75
09-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Badger and South. Still don't see you on Nike+. Get off your lazy arses and get running!!! I see a Team MP group run in the future. Start training!

Badgerute
09-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Badger and South. Still don't see you on Nike+. Get off your lazy arses and get running!!! I see a Team MP group run in the future. Start training!

I'm probably getting the watch this weekend. I don't think the question was answered though -- if I get the watch, will it allow me to show up on whatever website you guys are tracking each other's runs?

Madlob75
09-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm probably getting the watch this weekend. I don't think the question was answered though -- if I get the watch, will it allow me to show up on whatever website you guys are tracking each other's runs?

nikeplus.nike.com/plus/ (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/nikeplus.nike.com/plus/)

Yes....its looks like it.

RC-1136
09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
And thank god for that! I'm only trying to run just under 10 minute miles...RC you put me to shame!

@badgerute -it's not a competition (I only say this because I'm not at the top of the leader board this week :P) it's just a bunch of old farts trying to relive their youth through running....

Bull shit. Everything is a competition.

REMEC87
09-13-2013, 06:22 AM

So does that mean that while running down the street you push your way through crowds of children muttering "damn blueberries"? Or when u don't achieve your target for a particular mile you start cursing to yourself in the middle of the street?

SouthtownSlayer
09-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Just sent friends requests!

Madlob75
09-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Just sent friends requests!

Southtown....Southtown....Southtown!! Do you have to do PT tests in the Navy?

SouthtownSlayer
09-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Southtown....Southtown....Southtown!! Do you have to do PT tests in the Navy?

LOL, yeah I have 2 more to go and I'm done with the Navy but not PT!

Ullrsdog
09-16-2013, 01:21 PM
So my windows phone doesn't have the nike app. if I pick up the nike watch, will it allow me to join this friendly competition? If I do, know this, I have to run uphill both ways and I have run once in the past few years (a 5k with my weefay). That won't stop me from running to each of your respective homes and punching you in the throat if you start mocking my times though.

I started running about a month ago and hadn't ran scine highschool football...so roughly 18 years...additionally up hill HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAA I am at 5500 feet and have to run up mountains both ways! freaking flatlander!

Ullrsdog
09-16-2013, 01:23 PM

oh and just casue I'm a dumbass...nike owes me 1.5 miles this month...stupid indoor run makes me hold my phone!

Ullrsdog
09-16-2013, 01:27 PM

WOOOOOT!!! I'm winning...at least in most runs...can't touch an 8 minute mile 10 minute is more my speed, although running inside I am averaging more like 12 which is strange.

SouthtownSlayer
09-16-2013, 05:19 PM

It will post to the website once you connect your watch to a PC via the USB cable, works really well! I used it today and I liked it! Having all you guys as friends and being able to compare is definitely going to keep me from making numerous "Chief" Sandwiches! I added a Remec, Dog, and Lob earlier today; looks like I need to add the rest of you guys!

Ullrsdog
09-17-2013, 09:48 AM
It will post to the website once you connect your watch to a PC via the USB cable, works really well! I used it today and I liked it! Having all you guys as friends and being able to compare is definitely going to keep me from making numerous "Chief" Sandwiches! I added a Remec, Dog, and Lob earlier today; looks like I need to add the rest of you guys!

but yummy sandwiches are yummy!!! say bye bye to friday night pizza too there buddy!

@ Madlob...you suck! but you do make me want to keep going.

SouthtownSlayer
09-17-2013, 11:01 AM
but yummy sandwiches are yummy!!! say bye bye to friday night pizza too there buddy!

For the record, a "Chief" sandwich is my fat ass between to couch cushions!!

Madlob75
09-17-2013, 11:16 AM

You are welcome for the encouragement.

LOL...I too was wondering was a Chief Sandwich was.

Ullrsdog
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
For the record, a "Chief" sandwich is my fat ass between to couch cushions!!

damn those are two for one aroud your place right now :boink:

RC-1136
09-18-2013, 07:24 AM
I accepted your friend request Southtown. You still wear the Reeves Jersey, don't you? Don't lie.

Madlob75
09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
i'm probably getting the watch this weekend. I don't think the question was answered though -- if i get the watch, will it allow me to show up on whatever website you guys are tracking each other's runs?

ahem!!!

Ullrsdog
09-18-2013, 09:04 AM
well South didn't respond to my email yet so I'll put it on here to see if I can fire him up...

HOW'S THE WEATHER DOWN THERE SOUTH!?!?!?!??!!? :boink: :boxing: :rofl:

Posted a PR for my 1K last night BAM!!! this running stuff is hurting less and less but I still need to watch the knees...they have been getting sore and with everyone saying I need to rest I wonder how can I rest and still get ready for the 5K that is 6 weeks away?

SouthtownSlayer
09-18-2013, 10:35 AM
@Dog, I just started, just wait til I get more runs under my belt!! My biggest issue is going to be my diet, but after tomorrow I'm only going to be able to eat soup for about a week so my diet will get back on track and all the shitty cravings that tend to win over my will power will go away! I got your email and was like WTF are you talking about!!! Now that you posted it to the Running section it finally clicked!!! ASSHOLE!

@RC, I still wear it! I do have to say the Defense is looking much better than last year considering we lost one of the best corners in the game!

Ullrsdog
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
@Dog, I just started, just wait til I get more runs under my belt!!

Taking my shots while I can!

REMEC87
09-18-2013, 09:48 PM
I've had a fever for a week now so no running since last Thursday...I'm going though cardio withdrawal.

Madlob75
09-19-2013, 05:55 AM
I've had a fever for a week now so no running since last Thursday...I'm going though cardio withdrawal.

That's no fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Ullrsdog
09-19-2013, 11:03 AM
That's no fun. Hope you feel better soon.

I say rub some dirt on it and get back into the game! feel better...I'll think about you as I pass you on the leader board for what maybe a day or two...

RC-1136
09-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Dammit, Lob. 9 miles? I was planning on taking the lead today. Great job. You are really going to make Southtown feel like a loser now.

REMEC87
09-27-2013, 12:37 PM
Went to the clinic last week and they still have no idea what's wrong with me...on antibiotics and initial blood work is tellingly my liver enzymes are off...it's so much fun getting old. I may run tonight if I can but I can't imagine anything over 3 miles...

RC-1136
09-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Went to the clinic last week and they still have no idea what's wrong with me...on antibiotics and initial blood work is tellingly my liver enzymes are off...it's so much fun getting old. I may run tonight if I can but I can't imagine anything over 3 miles...

That would still be more than Southtown.

Ullrsdog
09-30-2013, 08:50 AM

Damn Remy I hope they pin down what's up and get you all squared away! don't worry about the run we all know you're better than Southside!

Just fucking with ya South....most of us know not all :boink: !!

REMEC87
09-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Damn Remy I hope they pin down what's up and get you all squared away! don't worry about the run we all know you're better than Southside!

Just fucking with ya South....most of us know not all :boink: !!

I have been feeling better since Yesterday so I may seriously go for a run after work today. I have to say that it's tough to see me go further down on the leader board each day but I guess it's good that we are all running more :)

BTW, where the heck is Badger? I've been waiting on a friend request...did he just give up or should I be taking it personally?

Ullrsdog
10-01-2013, 07:58 AM
he's a big pansy! nothing for me either so I guess he's still sitting on his ass.

REMEC87
10-17-2013, 07:10 AM
10 miles Lob? Nice run buddy!

SouthtownSlayer
10-17-2013, 07:33 AM
10 miles Lob? Nice run buddy!

I figured you guys dropped out on me so I took 2 days off!! Nicely played sir, nicely played!!!

Madlob75
10-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Well, that will be my last BIG run for a while. I'm running a half next weekend and may sneak a short run in, but I'm resting all next week. The best part was on my home stretch I get a text from Dog giving me shit (I mean encouragement) about running.....lol. That was a good update.

Ullrsdog
10-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Well, that will be my last BIG run for a while. I'm running a half next weekend and may sneak a short run in, but I'm resting all next week. The best part was on my home stretch I get a text from Dog giving me shit (I mean encouragement) about running.....lol. That was a good update.

HAHAHAAHAAA I still held second for a minute or two before your update was live! I also sent South a message reminding him I'm on his ass...I'm sure that just means he'll go for a 4 mile run today but oh well it's fun to keep things moving and folks interested.

Good luck in the Half next weekend bud! I'll run at least a 5k with you in spirit...3.75 last night! new personal best.

RC-1136
10-17-2013, 08:33 AM

10'46"/mile average pace? That is more like a 10 mile speed walk. Just kidding. Good luck with the 13.1!

Madlob75
10-17-2013, 08:55 AM
10'46"/mile average pace? That is more like a 10 mile speed walk. Just kidding. Good luck with the 13.1!
http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Fight-for-your-right-to%E2%80%A6give-the-finger.jpg

SouthtownSlayer
10-17-2013, 10:21 AM
HAHAHAAHAAA I still held second for a minute or two before your update was live! I also sent South a message reminding him I'm on his ass...I'm sure that just means he'll go for a 4 mile run today but oh well it's fun to keep things moving and folks interested.

Good luck in the Half next weekend bud! I'll run at least a 5k with you in spirit...3.75 last night! new personal best.

Dude, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how much I actually need just to put myself in second without having to run a shitload of miles today! This will be my last run for the week since I'm having my jawbone drilled on tomorrow at the Dentist office so no running until Monday!

Good luck with the Half Marathon next weekend Lob! One day I'd like to be able to complete one of those without asking them to have an ambulance at the finish line!

Damn Dog, you are definitely going to make tonight a challenging run!!!

Ullrsdog
10-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Dude, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how much I actually need just to put myself in second without having to run a shitload of miles today! This will be my last run for the week since I'm having my jawbone drilled on tomorrow at the Dentist office so no running until Monday!

Good luck with the Half Marathon next weekend Lob! One day I'd like to be able to complete one of those without asking them to have an ambulance at the finish line!

I say just crack open the Scotch and call it a night...no need to run, you'll just be tired when I catch you this weekend :boink: :smile: :laugh: :smile: glad I can give you something to work on South!!

I plan on taking tonight off then run Friday and one day this weekend...probbably Sunday because the wife has a seminar all day on Saturday, and I have to run the kids around to hair appointments and b-day parties and that sort of thing. plus I can then get nice and loaded on friday night. That being said you're a mile ahead and I tend to run 2miles per run (average) so if you ran 3 tonight I'd be knocking on second come monday morning. The 5k I have been working towards is 2 weeks from Saturday so I'll likely take some time off the week of the 28th...I'd assume run monday or tuesday and then rest until Saturday.

REMEC87
10-17-2013, 06:56 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one making complex equations to see how far and how many runs I will need to do to finish in 1st this month. :)

Ullrsdog
10-23-2013, 11:18 AM
So went into see the Orthopod the other day...started Physical Therapy on Monday. I have a pettela tracking problem in my left knee, so I may not be able to "run" anymore. By "run" I mean high impact but hopefully the PT will help bring the tracking back in line and adding a knee brace has helped but I'd certainly rather not be using a crutch.

I will be able to stick to some of the indoor stuff and have been told to concentrate on low impact like an eliptical.

Very sad day for me as I was really starting to find the release taht running brings... :sad:

Madlob75
10-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Bad news indeed. What kind of pain were you having? My left knee has been bothering me, but I chaulked it up to "runner's knee".

REMEC87
10-23-2013, 02:42 PM
That's awful dog. I hope taking some time off combined with some physio will do the trick for you. I've had my share of injuries this year (pulled calf/torn hamstring) so now I'm listening to my body more and trying not to over do it.

Ullrsdog
10-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Bad news indeed. What kind of pain were you having? My left knee has been bothering me, but I chaulked it up to "runner's knee".

we spoke about this last night Lob but you never said Runners Knee...if you look it up you notice that runners knee is actually several specific conditions that can cause pain...everything from partially torn ligiment or minicus to something more general lik the Pettelafemoral tracking issue I am having.

So in PT I found out that the Arch in my left foot is on the flat side which may be contributing to this...so making sure I have good arch support is key. I also went out and spent a good chunk of change on a brace ($99)...after doing quite a bit of reasearch. I picked up a DJO (Don Joy) Reaction knee brace. Some famous Orthopod designed it and it works just as described.

@ Remec - yeah I have certainly had to tune in more to the ol' body than ever before. Trying to drop about 40 pounds (88 KG) ...I love doing the converstions for you...and figured running would be a fast, healthy, and realatively safe way to do it. May need to look at some other options that are less of an impact to my joints though.

SouthtownSlayer
10-27-2013, 07:41 AM
we spoke about this last night Lob but you never said Runners Knee...if you look it up you notice that runners knee is actually several specific conditions that can cause pain...everything from partially torn ligiment or minicus to something more general lik the Pettelafemoral tracking issue I am having.

So in PT I found out that the Arch in my left foot is on the flat side which may be contributing to this...so making sure I have good arch support is key. I also went out and spent a good chunk of change on a brace ($99)...after doing quite a bit of reasearch. I picked up a DJO (Don Joy) Reaction knee brace. Some famous Orthopod designed it and it works just as described.

@ Remec - yeah I have certainly had to tune in more to the ol' body than ever before. Trying to drop about 40 pounds (88 KG) ...I love doing the converstions for you...and figured running would be a fast, healthy, and realatively safe way to do it. May need to look at some other options that are less of an impact to my joints though.

Hope your knee if feeling better dog! I was having knee soreness as well but it was only due to my runners ignorance towards a good pair of shoes! I bought me a pair of Mizunos that my body is very much adjusted to and are nice to my knees. On another note, I sure am glad you guys turned me on to this Nike+ app, it's definitely been a huge motivational tool for me to run outside and enjoy it! I just did my Physical Readiness Test yesterday and crushed a shitload of 20 - 29 year olds, and believe me I made sure they were aware of getting out-run by someone who had 10+ years on them!

Madlob75
11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Congrats to Dog for completing his first 5K. Way to go. First of many!!

SouthtownSlayer
11-03-2013, 09:36 AM

Hell yeah!!!! Congrats FoO!

REMEC87
11-03-2013, 12:19 PM

That's awesome! Good job buddy!

Ullrsdog
11-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Thanks guys!

As South said the app is a huge motivator! I took Sunday off and I think I'll take today off too and then do just a little run tomorrow, maybe 2 miles and work back into my normal 3-4 days a week. I wore my t-shirt all weekend and even had a few parents that I know ask me about going up there. My wife said she could see the pride all over my face when I said "yeah the weather was great...but keeping up with a ten year old is really tough, she beat me by more than 4 minutes" the response was typically "WOW you ran it too !?!?!"

gonna be ready for the local turkey trot 5K in 3 weeks I think....may its in 4 weeks but either way I'm there!

Madlob75
11-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Just finished the Kegs-N-K 4K sponsored by Thomas Creek brewery. Free beer at the end and beer stations during the race. Oh yeah, awesome!

Ullrsdog
11-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Just finished the Kegs-N-K 4K sponsored by Thomas Creek brewery. Free beer at the end and beer stations during the race. Oh yeah, awesome!

the mid race beer stations may cause me some issuses getting to the finish.

Madlob75
11-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I decided that I wanted to start training a bit harder and thought that instead of sitting in my office eating a sandwich and triscuits, I would go for a run. I'm running into my office parking lot at the end and pull my calf muscle. Hurts like a bitch. It started to hurt a bit at the end but I kept going, it felt sharper, then I felt a pop. Damnit

Ullrsdog
11-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I decided that I wanted to start training a bit harder and thought that instead of sitting in my office eating a sandwich and triscuits, I would go for a run. I'm running into my office parking lot at the end and pull my calf muscle. Hurts like a bitch. It started to hurt a bit at the end but I kept going, it felt sharper, then I felt a pop. Damnit

oh damn man that sucks...I guess you'll have to limit it to 12oz curls for a bit. Hope you recover quickly.

Badgerute
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM

That sucks. That'll teach you to avoid that kind of motivation. Last spring I coached my son's soccer team and I was running around before a game with the kids and out of the blue I felt and heard this loud pop. Ruptured a tendon. Couldn't really walk right for 3-4 weeks.

RC-1136
11-11-2013, 03:41 PM
That sucks. That'll teach you to avoid that kind of motivation. Last spring I coached my son's soccer team and I was running around before a game with the kids and out of the blue I felt and heard this loud pop. Ruptured a tendon. Couldn't really walk right for 3-4 weeks.

2 years ago my son's coach blew out his knee in the parent kids game at the last practice.

Under Armor makes a Boxer Brief Jock now. I ran 5 miles today with no chaffing. Best $20 I've ever spent.

RC-1136
11-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Also, I think we should ban Badger from this forum thread until he actually runs.

REMEC87
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Also, I think we should ban Badger from this forum thread until he actually runs.

I also think we should ban all conversations pertaining to RCs nuts if you please :)

Madlob, I pulled my calf muscle 2 months before my tough Mudder race...locked up out of nowhere. took a month until I was running again...physio, ice, and rest.

REMEC87
11-11-2013, 04:00 PM

I'll second the motion on no BadgerUte's until he's online with us.

Ullrsdog
11-11-2013, 05:12 PM
I'll second the motion on no BadgerUte's until he's online with us.

Sounds like you're done badger...amazon has the watch.

I'd like to second the motion related to no more conversations about RC's twig and berries.

Madlob75
11-11-2013, 05:20 PM
@ RC - Do you use Glide? Work really well for the nut rut.

@ Remec - I took some ibuprofen and (when I have a chance) putting an ice pack on it. Guess I'll see how it is a week

@ Dog - I don't let my running get in the way of my 12oz curls, but since I'm pouring my own I do 16oz curls.

http://cmsimg.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=BS&Date=20131109&Category=SPORTS03&ArtNo=311090038&Ref=PH&Item=2&Maxw=620&Maxh=465&q=90

@ Badger - So where is that watch?

RC-1136
11-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Has anyone checked the leader board lately? Just wondering.

REMEC87
11-15-2013, 02:55 PM

Thank you RC, yes I have seen the leaderboard! Morning run I take it?

Madlob75
11-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Looking good RC

RC-1136
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Thank you RC, yes I have seen the leaderboard! Morning run I take it?

Right before lunch. The temp snuck up above 50 F (10C) so I was able to go outside today.

REMEC87
11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Damn you RC! I went for a lunch time run hoping to pass you on the leaderboard. Of course when I checked you too had gone for a run.

Ullrsdog
11-18-2013, 01:24 PM

the strange thing is if I add up all my miles in the activity section I get 17.91 miles this month. but when you check the leader board it says 14.7 miles. The strangest part of that to me is that I don't have a 3.21 mile run...meaning it's part of two runs that didn't track?

REMEC87
11-18-2013, 02:03 PM
the strange thing is if I add up all my miles in the activity section I get 17.91 miles this month. but when you check the leader board it says 14.7 miles. The strangest part of that to me is that I don't have a 3.21 mile run...meaning it's part of two runs that didn't track?

That is strange...I added mine up and it balances to the leaderboard.

RC-1136
11-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Damn you RC! I went for a lunch time run hoping to pass you on the leaderboard. Of course when I checked you too had gone for a run.

It is over 60 F (15.5C) today. I wasn't going to miss one of the last warm days of the year.

REMEC87
11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
It is over 60 F (15.5C) today. I wasn't going to miss one of the last warm days of the year.

It's about 10 degrees (50 F) here with gale force winds lol...temps going to drop to around freezing for the rest of the week.

Thanks for the conversion into Celsius btw

RC-1136
11-18-2013, 03:56 PM
It's about 10 degrees (50 F) here with gale force winds lol...temps going to drop to around freezing for the rest of the week.

Thanks for the conversion into Celsius btw

I have to do the conversion all the time at work. It was windy as hell here, too. The first half of my run was up hill into the wind. It is going to get cold here too. That is why I made sure to get out today.

Ullrsdog
11-18-2013, 04:50 PM
That is strange...I added mine up and it balances to the leaderboard.

All my other months have balanced too...just not this month.

I'll just let you guys know if I'm closer than the display makes you think...that way you'll go for that one extra run to keep me at bay.

I'll be running another 5K race in 10 days...I am just kicking a cold so hopefully that doesn't cause me too many problems with training this week. Likely run tonight, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, and then take 4 days off...I might squeeze in a short run on Monday the 25th but I don't know if I want to go running on my B-day...I may just want to drink all day!!

RC-1136
11-20-2013, 08:29 AM
All my other months have balanced too...just not this month.

I'll just let you guys know if I'm closer than the display makes you think...that way you'll go for that one extra run to keep me at bay.

I'll be running another 5K race in 10 days...I am just kicking a cold so hopefully that doesn't cause me too many problems with training this week. Likely run tonight, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, and then take 4 days off...I might squeeze in a short run on Monday the 25th but I don't know if I want to go running on my B-day...I may just want to drink all day!!

Remec had a good idea last night of going for a run after BF4 gives you the Blue Screen. That would be a good way to get all of our mileage up.

Madlob75
11-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Remec had a good idea last night of going for a run after BF4 gives you the Blue Screen. That would be a good way to get all of our mileage up.

Lol.... Good way to train for an ultra marathon.

REMEC87
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Lol.... Good way to train for an ultra marathon.

Lmao!

I'm going of a lunch run today but the temp is starting to drop. I'm going to put on my big boy pants and try to run outside through the winter.

RC-1136
11-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Lmao!

I'm going of a lunch run today but the temp is starting to drop. I'm going to put on my big boy pants and try to run outside through the winter.

You Canadians are crazy. Monday might have been my last outdoor run for a while.

Madlob75
11-20-2013, 11:21 AM
How cold does it get for you guys? My favorite time to run is when its sub 32. The first mile is a bit chilly, but after that I feel great. Just layer up, although I'm sure it gets much colder in your latitudes.

Ullrsdog
11-20-2013, 12:27 PM
How cold does it get for you guys? My favorite time to run is when its sub 32. The first mile is a bit chilly, but after that I feel great. Just layer up, although I'm sure it gets much colder in your latitudes.

well us Rocky Mountain Folks must be nuts too...I have friends that run year round, rain, sleet, or snow...in aspen we'll hit highs of -10F (-23C) and lows around -30F (-34C) I have seen wind chills as low as -50F (-45C) now these are the extreme cold snaps we get in January. On average in Aspen lows would be in single digits (8F or -13C) with highs in the upper 20s to low 30s (-6C to -1C). Glenwood Springs where I live is only going to be slightly warmer...generally the rule of thumb is about 10 degrees (roughly 5 degrees C) warmer down valley then up valley.

I am almost always hot...I mean I sweat like a pig in 50 degree (10C) if I am even kind of working hard. So what does this rant mean...one I am not too busy today, two I see myself running outside most of the winter unless the roads / trails are just covered in ice. I think that is more of a concern for me than cold, well that and making sure I don't set myself back with my knee rehab. On that note....

I have had lots of sessions and doing some strength and flexibility training, I have seen a little improvement but nothing to drastic. The therapist says I need a solid 6 weeks to really start having a physical change and then I have to stick to the program. So that's my goal for winter keep working on therapy, and try to move my mile per month average up out of the 30's (18.6K) and into the 40's (24.8K)

REMEC87
11-20-2013, 03:49 PM
You Canadians are crazy. Monday might have been my last outdoor run for a while.

Lunch run was great! Temp was about -1C (30F). Ran 5 miles but felt I could keep going...

I agree with mountain man Dog...it gets cold there too. Avg temp high in January is roughly -10C(14.3F) with the low being -14C(6.8F). That's when the real test will begin. With wind chill the coldest we saw last year was -40C including wind chill which is also -40F apparently.

REMEC87
11-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Did anyone check who is on top of the leaderboard now?

Ullrsdog
11-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Lunch run was great! Temp was about -1C (30F). Ran 5 miles but felt I could keep going...

I agree with mountain man Dog...it gets cold there too. Avg temp high in January is roughly -10C(14.3F) with the low being -14C(6.8F). That's when the real test will begin. With wind chill the coldest we saw last year was -40C including wind chill which is also -40F apparently.

yes -40 is -40 ... I am trying to run tonight if I do it should be 30F (-1C) with wind chill and about 32F air temp...that's if I can run right when I get home. If not our low is only going to be 29F (-1.5C) so shouldn't be too bad. I suspect a pair of shorts and a 150 weight wool long sleeve and I'll be all good.

REMEC87
11-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Did anyone check who is on top of the leaderboard now?

Well look at that! It's me at the top...that must burn your ass RC? Are you gonna let a Canuck show you up like that?:))))

RC-1136
11-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Well look at that! It's me at the top...that must burn your ass RC? Are you gonna let a Canuck show you up like that?:))))

Check again after lunch and see if you're still on top. It is warm enough for me to go outside today.

Ullrsdog
11-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Check again after lunch and see if you're still on top. It is warm enough for me to go outside today.

the month isn't over boys so quit being silly...I have plenty of time to catch you!!! L1L1L1

I should be at 25.28 not 22.1 so only one decent run behind Remec right now...I'll probably be what 7 miles behind RC if he runs his 5 miles at lunch. I have 3 more runs then take a break until the Turkey Trot 5K in a week!!!!

RC-1136
11-21-2013, 09:02 AM
the month isn't over boys so quit being silly...I have plenty of time to catch you!!! L1L1L1

I should be at 25.28 not 22.1 so only one decent run behind Remec right now...I'll probably be what 7 miles behind RC if he runs his 5 miles at lunch. I have 3 more runs then take a break until the Turkey Trot 5K in a week!!!!

I've upped my runs to 6 miles lately if you haven't noticed.

Madlob75
11-21-2013, 09:05 AM
I plan on contending. Running at lunch has been great. My calf still hurts a bit, but it's getting better. Ideally I want to run short runs at lunch then get a long run in on the weekend.

REMEC87
11-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Let's just all remember before we up the ante this month that we are all old. I wouldn't want to pull a fat roll or anything trying to go for first place.

I plan on hitting 50 miles by month end...just an FYI :)

Ullrsdog
11-21-2013, 10:43 AM
Let's just all remember before we up the ante this month that we are all old. I wouldn't want to pull a fat roll or anything trying to go for first place.

I plan on hitting 50 miles by month end...just an FYI :)

50 Miles dang not going to happen for me...I hope to be hitting 50 miles per month by the end of winter at best...I'm in the mid 30's per month now (if things work out this month would be about 37 or so) and adding just 10 miles a month is either an extra run per week or an extra mile per run. At this point neither seem likely, I went from averaging about 2 miles or less per run to 3 miles in the course of about six weeks.

I might be able to get to 50's by the end of Feb...thanks for the goal Remec!

To think I talk to some friends that used to run marathons (one guy did the Leadville 100...a 100 mile race that starts at 10,200' tops out at 13,150' or 3,110 - 4,010 M they have a 50 mile race and a half marathon but all start in the town of Leadville at 10,200') and these guys would run 75 - 100 a WEEK!!

Will be feeling pretty sweet by this weekend when I get to see that total mileage ticker hit 100 miles (62K)!! I think I'll go get myself a nice bottle of Bourbon to celebrate the accomplishment.

REMEC87
11-22-2013, 02:32 PM
That 50 mile goal is going to be pretty tough without adding in an extra run. I need a little bit more than 16miles but I only plan on 3 more runs this month. My Monday run will be a 5k (3.11miles) because of my Sunday hockey so it's looking questionable if I can reach 50.

I definitely don't want to hurt myself or get sick because I'm overdoing it either....what's an old fart to do?

REMEC87
04-01-2014, 06:38 AM
*bump*

I just wanted to bump this because I have been lonely at the top of the leaderboard. Now that the weather is getting nicer I invite you guys to start up again regularly :) to keep me on my toes.

SouthtownSlayer
04-01-2014, 07:53 AM
*bump*

I just wanted to bump this because I have been lonely at the top of the leaderboard. Now that the weather is getting nicer I invite you guys to start up again regularly :) to keep me on my toes.

Definitely!! Thanks for bumping this!!

Major Stains
04-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I've always wanted to try this...

Is it free on PSN or is there an app version I can play?

:llama:

Madlob75
04-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the bump REMEC, I need some motivation.

@Stains - ask Badger about the running app, he uses it all the time.

RC-1136
04-01-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm running outside today. It is finally nice here. My armband ripped so I haven't been wearing it on the treadmill. I probably have 20+ miles that haven't been logged.

Major Stains
04-01-2014, 09:52 AM
@Stains - ask Badger about the running app, he uses it all the time.

What!?! It's real running?

Sheesh, I thought it was something I could do from my armchair!
I'll Pass...

And you fellas have got to make your April Fools more believable...
A Canadian at the top of the leaderboard???
Bwahahaa. Too funny... You guys kill me...

Madlob75
04-01-2014, 10:27 AM
What!?! It's real running?

Yeah, Badger has all the info.

REMEC87
04-01-2014, 12:36 PM
And you fellas have got to make your April Fools more believable...
A Canadian at the top of the leaderboard???
Bwahahaa. Too funny... You guys kill me...

I don't care what everyone else says about you Stains, I still like you :)

Badgerute
04-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah, Badger has all the info.

Badger does not have an Iphone or Android and therefore does not have the Nike app. Badger has a windows phone which does not currently have the nike app. However, I do have the runtastic app, which I use for my pedestrian paced runs. The website is runtastic.com. If any of you fatties want to join up on that, then you are more than welcome to friend me (I think I am Scott Rees on it) so that I can use your mocking of my times as encouragement to run faster and farther.

Ullrsdog
04-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm running outside today. It is finally nice here. My armband ripped so I haven't been wearing it on the treadmill. I probably have 20+ miles that haven't been logged.

if it's not there it doesn't count...put the damn thing in your pocket...oh wait I bet you wear those super shorty running shorts, so in that case just tuck it into your jock.

@REMEC, we had a few nice days then last Thursday we had 10" of snow followed by 6" on Friday, Sunday we had another 4" and it's been snowing all day (went out about two hours ago and there was a good 3" on the ground) with more in the forecast through the weekend. So I have 19 days before the lifts stop spinning then I'll get back to it.

Actually I just messaged Madlob for shoe advise...I am a big guy 6' and 235...I am a slight underpronator any shoes you guys can recommend?

REMEC87
04-01-2014, 05:05 PM
@REMEC, we had a few nice days then last Thursday we had 10" of snow followed by 6" on Friday, Sunday we had another 4" and it's been snowing all day (went out about two hours ago and there was a good 3" on the ground) with more in the forecast through the weekend. So I have 19 days before the lifts stop spinning then I'll get back to it.

Actually I just messaged Madlob for shoe advise...I am a big guy 6' and 235...I am a slight underpronator any shoes you guys can recommend?

Enjoy the snow buddy!

I'm 6'5", 270 lbs so I know what you mean. When I'm not wearing my muck lucks or baby seal skull footies, I like to run in a pair of reebok zigs. All I know is try to stay away from any free run shoes...the impact of running for +200lbs is tough on the knees and you'll need the stability if you pronate.

I'm actually thinking of spending a bit more and going to a running specialty place for my next pair for added assurance.

RC-1136
04-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Badger does not have an Iphone or Android and therefore does not have the Nike app. Badger has a windows phone which does not currently have the nike app. However, I do have the runtastic app, which I use for my pedestrian paced runs. The website is runtastic.com. If any of you fatties want to join up on that, then you are more than welcome to friend me (I think I am Scott Rees on it) so that I can use your mocking of my times as encouragement to run faster and farther.

What do you have, Badger? A flip phone?

Holy Shit Remec. You're a giant. You dwarf my 5'8" ass.

Ullrsdog
04-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Enjoy the snow buddy!

I'm 6'5", 270 lbs so I know what you mean. When I'm not wearing my muck lucks or baby seal skull footies, I like to run in a pair of reebok zigs. All I know is try to stay away from any free run shoes...the impact of running for +200lbs is tough on the knees and you'll need the stability if you pronate.

I'm actually thinking of spending a bit more and going to a running specialty place for my next pair for added assurance.

Yeah Madlob suggested the same...we have two shops that I can hit up, I may stop by one of the places over my lunch break, the other one is closer to home so I may swing in there on Friday or over the weekend and see if they can guide me in a solid direction.

RC he might dwarf you but you have the power of being mobbed up...he has no chance...

Badgerute
04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
What do you have, Badger? A flip phone?

Holy Shit Remec. You're a giant. You dwarf my 5'8" ass.

Windows Nokia Phone. I love it. I've got the holy Microsoft Trinity -- the phone, surface 2 tablet, and xbox 360. The xbox music is 10 bucks a month -- allows you to download as much music as you want. What I've DL'd for 10 bucks would have cost me around 1,000 bucks on iTunes. In any event, I dwarf you too -- 6'3 240. The running hurts my shins. Remmy dwarfs me too -- I'm guessing your knees and shins do hurt when you are done. How far are you running? I went 1.66 miles today I believe.

REMEC87
04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
In any event, I dwarf you too -- 6'3 240. The running hurts my shins. Remmy dwarfs me too -- I'm guessing your knees and shins do hurt when you are done. How far are you running? I went 1.66 miles today I believe.

My knees and shins are good these days actually. The only injuries I've sustained from running are a wrenched calf and torn hamstring. I think sore shins and knees can be avoided by running regularly...something about building up durability of joints...if I run +5 miles, I feel a bit of soreness on the outside of my knees on both sides.

I usually run between 3-5 miles per run with an occasional long run of 6-8 miles. Most important thing is to run injury free.

Badgerute
04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
My knees and shins are good these days actually. The only injuries I've sustained from running are a wrenched calf and torn hamstring. I think sore shins and knees can be avoided by running regularly...something about building up durability of joints...if I run +5 miles, I feel a bit of soreness on the outside of my knees on both sides.

I usually run between 3-5 miles per run with an occasional long run of 6-8 miles. Most important thing is to run injury free.

do you run outside or inside? im impressed by distances you run. I'm in bad shape I guess. Trying to get back down to marriage weight of 220.

RC-1136
04-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Windows Nokia Phone. I love it. I've got the holy Microsoft Trinity -- the phone, surface 2 tablet, and xbox 360. The xbox music is 10 bucks a month -- allows you to download as much music as you want. What I've DL'd for 10 bucks would have cost me around 1,000 bucks on iTunes. In any event, I dwarf you too -- 6'3 240. The running hurts my shins. Remmy dwarfs me too -- I'm guessing your knees and shins do hurt when you are done. How far are you running? I went 1.66 miles today I believe.

1.66 miles. lol. With all of that music you downloaded you should be able to run at least 2 miles.

My problem is that i'm 5'8" 210 lbs. I'm built like a fire hydrant. I want to get down below 200 by the summer.

Ullrsdog
04-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I went 1.66 miles today I believe.

Believe?!? that app is not up to par if you are using such a statement...look at it and tell us what it says.

I have 69 runs on my app for a total of 177.1 miles (2.56 miles per run on average) with an average pace of 9'11" /mile my last run was Wednesday 2.91 miles over 25'18" but that was indoors. I run much faster inside, I attribute that to a dead flat course with a springy floor that really is easy to run on versus the pounding the asphalt and concrete jungle give me. My course around my house varies from concrete and asphalt to roadbase and soft trails. I have a couple routes that will give me anywhere from a quick mile to five miles...my longest is 4.35

all this running talk certainly has made me want to hit the gym tonight...snowing again here in Aspen but looks like the sun will come out this afternoon...I just need to see what the weather did at my house (40 miles away) likely just rain so I might even run outside today, but will certainly be putting in my first April run.

Badgerute
04-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Believe?!? that app is not up to par if you are using such a statement...look at it and tell us what it says.

I have 69 runs on my app for a total of 177.1 miles (2.56 miles per run on average) with an average pace of 9'11" /mile my last run was Wednesday 2.91 miles over 25'18" but that was indoors. I run much faster inside, I attribute that to a dead flat course with a springy floor that really is easy to run on versus the pounding the asphalt and concrete jungle give me. My course around my house varies from concrete and asphalt to roadbase and soft trails. I have a couple routes that will give me anywhere from a quick mile to five miles...my longest is 4.35

all this running talk certainly has made me want to hit the gym tonight...snowing again here in Aspen but looks like the sun will come out this afternoon...I just need to see what the weather did at my house (40 miles away) likely just rain so I might even run outside today, but will certainly be putting in my first April run.

upon further review, the app shows ... 1.67 miles. Suck it RC. I'm building up for a summer 5k. There's a hill on the course that destroys me right now. I end up having to walk for a song (sometimes it takes me 15 minutes to choose one out of my library of millions).

Ullrsdog
04-02-2014, 12:40 PM
upon further review, the app shows ... 1.67 miles. Suck it RC. I'm building up for a summer 5k. There's a hill on the course that destroys me right now. I end up having to walk for a song (sometimes it takes me 15 minutes to choose one out of my library of millions).

:rofl: yeah there are a couple routes that I run that have nasty hills...one is in the middle of the route and one is at about 2.5miles of a 3 mile run with the entire last half mile being an uphill grade...that is my you've been a bad bad boy route. Still can't pull of a run from the start of the hill to my house always have a touch of walking in there.

RC-1136
04-02-2014, 12:46 PM
:rofl: yeah there are a couple routes that I run that have nasty hills...one is in the middle of the route and one is at about 2.5miles of a 3 mile run with the entire last half mile being an uphill grade...that is my you've been a bad bad boy route. Still can't pull of a run from the start of the hill to my house always have a touch of walking in there.

Don't forget the wind when you run outside. That slows me down more than anything. When I run outside at work my second mile and a half is uphill and usually into the wind. But then I man up and run another 2.5 miles to finish my 5 miles. Sometime 3.5 if I am running 6 miles.

Ullrsdog
04-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Don't forget the wind when you run outside. That slows me down more than anything. When I run outside at work my second mile and a half is uphill and usually into the wind. But then I man up and run another 2.5 miles to finish my 5 miles. Sometime 3.5 if I am running 6 miles.

true didn't think about the wind...

Badgerute
04-02-2014, 01:06 PM

Based on your physical description, I'd say that wind vs. you is the classic unstoppable force vs. immovable object. Ha! Just joking with you, from one fatty to another. I'm jealous -- I'd love to be able to run 5.

Ullrsdog
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Based on your physical description, I'd say that wind vs. you is the classic unstoppable force vs. immovable object. Ha! Just joking with you, from one fatty to another. I'm jealous -- I'd love to be able to run 5.

hahahaa I'm with ya 5 miles would be great, 10K and I'd be sporting a chubby for a week...but if you call me a fatty I will run your ass down and beat you like your brothers did when you were a kid. Considering I run at altitude and average a greater distance I am fully confident in my ability to do so.

REMEC87
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
@ badger -change your app to show you're distance in km. It'll help you get to that first marker of 5k and it sound better to say you ran 2.5 km versus 1.67 miles. I did the opposite I switched from km to miles to help push me further. When I see only 3 miles instead of 5 km, psychologically makes me push for more.

This is the first year that I ran outside all winter long. There were a few days I couldn't because it was just frostbite cold out but I think overall it helped me improve by doing it semi regularly. Last spring I went from indoor running to outside and holy shit I almost died with the impact on concrete and the fucking wind.

REMEC87
04-02-2014, 02:14 PM
And BTW, I think us running all on the same app has been the biggest thing that has improved my running over the last year.

@badger - get the f'ing watch or we'll have to start a fund to get you one. :)

Ullrsdog
04-02-2014, 02:40 PM
And BTW, I think us running all on the same app has been the biggest thing that has improved my running over the last year.

@badger - get the f'ing watch or we'll have to start a fund to get you one. :)

put me down for a couple of loonies.

REMEC87
04-02-2014, 03:44 PM
put me down for a couple of loonies.

That's what toonies are for Dog! I could also get a double double at Tim hortons, eh hoser.

Ullrsdog
04-03-2014, 07:49 AM
That's what toonies are for Dog! I could also get a double double at Tim hortons, eh hoser.

I just like the damn bird alright! and if you are going to Horton's pick me up some fries no gravy please.

Major Stains
04-03-2014, 09:57 AM
I don't care what everyone else says about you Stains, I still like you :)

Of course you know that at 6'5" and 270lbs, that automatically qualifies you as not only the fastest MP, but also the bravest and most handsome MP of all.
And of course that includes the rest of your fine nation Sir.
And I'm sure I need not remind you that I am not even worthy of cleaning the shit off your running shoes with my filthy British tongue Sir.

Thank you Sir!

:biggrin: :behindsofa:

Ullrsdog
04-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Of course you know that at 6'5" and 270lbs, that automatically qualifies you as not only the fastest MP, but also the bravest and most handsome MP of all.
And of course that includes the rest of your fine nation Sir.
And I'm sure I need not remind you that I am not even worthy of cleaning the shit off your running shoes with my filthy British tongue Sir.

Thank you Sir!

:biggrin: :behindsofa:

but I think you can clean the brown of your nose right?! :laugh:

RC-1136
04-03-2014, 11:57 AM
The Nike App screwed me out of a half mile today. It said I ran 4.5 miles and I ran the same 5 mile route that I always do. There was a dotted line on the map cutting out where I ran. F technology.

REMEC87
04-03-2014, 12:01 PM
The Nike App screwed me out of a half mile today. It said I ran 4.5 miles and I ran the same 5 mile route that I always do. There was a dotted line on the map cutting out where I ran. F technology.

You can actually change the distance if you go to activities and select the run...it'll ask "how far did you actually run?" Something like that anyways.

RC-1136
04-03-2014, 12:34 PM
You can actually change the distance if you go to activities and select the run...it'll ask "how far did you actually run?" Something like that anyways.

I've done that running on the treadmill before, but I don't think you can do it if you use the GPS.

Madlob75
04-03-2014, 12:51 PM

The rubber banding in BF4 is so bad it's affecting your personal life!

Badgerute
04-03-2014, 01:12 PM
The rubber banding in BF4 is so bad it's affecting your personal life!

Ha Ha!

Ullrsdog
04-03-2014, 03:23 PM

same thing happened to me in vegas...I check mileage at one point because I wanted to see how close I was to 5K, not sure if I paused my run or if it lost the signal but I lost a bit over 1K on the run. I went back and checked my missing distance on google maps to confirm.

Again no clue why it happened...but I did modify my distance to make up for it, so Remec is right there is a way to do it even if it was GPS.

Remember if it's not there it wont count!

and FYI rode the hills on Tuesday and Wednesday, then all the talk on Wednesday about running I put in a 5k, then new snow again today so I had to get back on the hill...I am completely wrecked from my toes to my ass...I mean waist WRECKED!!! I think I earned a few brews or a stiff drink for tonight!

Ullrsdog
04-07-2014, 03:50 PM
so I ended up buying new kicks over the weekend...well my weekend, I got them on Friday. I did a quick 1 mile run down to the school and picked up the kids. I do like them and will certainly be using them for outdoor runs, more support, and made for someone who underpronates like I do. I had a few options but these were on sale because they are last years model, so I scooped them up for $65. Asics Excel 33, as I know next to nothing about shoes I relied on the sales rep and some quick reviews from the smart phone. They felt good on the 1 mile test run so I'll see how they feel after a bit more here this week.

RC-1136
04-08-2014, 08:45 AM
so I ended up buying new kicks over the weekend...well my weekend, I got them on Friday. I did a quick 1 mile run down to the school and picked up the kids. I do like them and will certainly be using them for outdoor runs, more support, and made for someone who underpronates like I do. I had a few options but these were on sale because they are last years model, so I scooped them up for $65. Asics Excel 33, as I know next to nothing about shoes I relied on the sales rep and some quick reviews from the smart phone. They felt good on the 1 mile test run so I'll see how they feel after a bit more here this week.

That is a great price for good running shoes. Good luck with them. I wear asics now. I hated them at first, but I love them now that I've broken them in and got better socks.

Ullrsdog
04-08-2014, 10:21 AM
That is a great price for good running shoes. Good luck with them. I wear asics now. I hated them at first, but I love them now that I've broken them in and got better socks.

they seem to be treating me well...last night I left without hitting my inhaler (I have exercise induced asthma) so I only was able to run 1.5miles but so far I'm liking them.

Kind of kicking myself for not just buying two pairs...I may stop back in and see if they have another pair in my size.

Beano
04-11-2014, 03:01 PM
I started running 3 weeks ago and forgot about this. How does this thing all work?

Madlob75
04-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Get the Nike Running App (free) and add all of us as friends. It keeps track of your mileage and pace and allows you keep tabs on what all of us are doing.....nothing for me at the moment.

REMEC87
04-11-2014, 06:20 PM
I started running 3 weeks ago and forgot about this. How does this thing all work?

Before you download the nike+ app on your phone you'll need to surprise your brother with an early bday gift of either a nike watch or iPod nano and then put him in a headlock until he downloads the app and adds all of us to his friends list...

Beano
04-12-2014, 01:37 PM
How does it know my pace and mileage?

SouthtownSlayer
04-12-2014, 02:14 PM
How does it know my pace and mileage?

The free Nike+ app is great but I got lucky one day at the base exchange and ended getting a Nike+ GPS watch and man do I love that thing (when I was running; no worries though I'm starting back up again with the nice weather here) It pretty much does everything for you and and all you have to do is just connect it to you computer and it will auto upload the same info the free app does.

The info (elevation, speed, miles run, pace) is based off the gps data it stores during and after your run, just have to make sure you start / stop your run so it can be accurate.

Beano
04-14-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm ready to dominate. friends requests out.

Madlob75
04-14-2014, 12:15 PM
I'm ready to dominate. friends requests out.

Shit....I need to start running again. I opened up my app to accept you request and it all but said..."Where the HELL have you been!?"

RC-1136
04-14-2014, 12:37 PM
I thought I had push notification off for the app, but it just popped up that I have an invite from Beeano.

Beano
04-14-2014, 03:39 PM
yep and I promptly went out and ran 2 miles uphill with a 100 pound backpack strapped to me. Good times.

SouthtownSlayer
04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
My watch told me after my half ass disappointing run/walk: Hey fat ass you are lazy and should get off your ass more often!

Ullrsdog
04-14-2014, 05:08 PM

nope you didn't...not on the app won't count!

Ullrsdog
04-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Shit....I need to start running again. I opened up my app to accept you request and it all but said..."Where the HELL have you been!?"

the crazy part was you were sitting there going "How the HELL did they make it sound so much like my wife?!?!"

Madlob75
04-25-2014, 07:43 AM
How was that midnight run Remec? That's true dedication.

REMEC87
04-25-2014, 08:25 AM
How was that midnight run Remec? That's true dedication.

Didn't happen. I think Aaron was mentioning a morning run today so he'll probably win it.

Madlob75
04-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Is the challenge the first to do it or just to complete it?

RC-1136
04-25-2014, 09:00 AM

If Dog doesn't do it in the next 1.5 hours I'll be the winner. I hope he doesn't see this.

REMEC87
04-25-2014, 09:12 AM

It's the first to run the distance...a bit annoying actually. That's why I suggest we do a 25-30 challenge for the month of May.

Ullrsdog
04-28-2014, 08:52 AM
If Dog doesn't do it in the next 1.5 hours I'll be the winner. I hope he doesn't see this.

you are a cock knocker sir! I swear you must have just finished as I was getting my shoes on. I woke up, got the kids some breakfast and got them all set up so I could head out. My departure time changed a bit but even if I left when I planned on it I would not have finished before you.

Next time I think I'll make a challenge right before I go out, that way nobody can even accept it by the time I win.

had rain and snow yesterday and it's sticking around today, and took Saturday off after running between a 5 and 6K on friday (stupid GPS can't find me when I am running by my house, I thinking it's due to the terrain). I just used my average pace outside and converted the 3.15 miles it gave me credit for to a 3.4 mile run, even though I think I may have gone a bit further.

Ullrsdog
04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
OK I set the challenge...the Beeano Crusher...30 Miles during the month of May.

RC-1136
04-28-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm in bitches. Now if my GPS doesn't F me, then this shouldn't be too hard. I seriously am motivated by these challenges.

Ullrsdog
04-28-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm in bitches. Now if my GPS doesn't F me, then this shouldn't be too hard. I seriously am motivated by these challenges.

ever since the last update my GPS seems to be screwed...I mean I dropped at least .3 miles on Friday and I think more like .5miles. the first time it dropped me was within 100 feet of my house and I had location services on, with WiFi. When I left the house the signal was solid and I think I had half a dozen small sections during my run the showed up as little dots.

Madlob75
04-29-2014, 07:14 AM
The bar has been set gentlemen. (pun intended)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/james-nielsen-beer-mile-world-record

Ullrsdog
04-29-2014, 10:26 AM
The bar has been set gentlemen. (pun intended)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/james-nielsen-beer-mile-world-record

I'll crush that!!! according to my Nike plus last night my first mile was 4:48...so now I just need to get the beer drinking mixed in. Although truth be told I was not a sub 5 mile-er I was in my normal range of 9-10....stupid GPS! I ran a known 2 mile course (trail along side a road and then the road to my house which I have measured in my car and on GPS when it worked) and it had tracked me at 2.68 miles.

Madlob75
04-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Don't lie, you're just trying to boost your pace! If its a known route, you can always adjust the mileage at the end.

Ullrsdog
04-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Don't lie, you're just trying to boost your pace! If its a known route, you can always adjust the mileage at the end.

I did...I cranked it back down to 2 miles...I may have gone a touch over but less than a tenth. there was a car driving down the road so I ran a bit further before I turned around to head home.

Madlob75
05-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Finished my run last night and ended up with 19.8mi for the month. I looked at the totals and Remec was at 20 and Dog was at 20.6......Guess who got a bonus lap? That was the most satisfying mile I've run in a while.

RC-1136
05-01-2014, 07:56 AM
It's May, Bitches.

Mad, You forgot about my 34.7 Miles for the month.

Ullrsdog
05-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Finished my run last night and ended up with 19.8mi for the month. I looked at the totals and Remec was at 20 and Dog was at 20.6......Guess who got a bonus lap? That was the most satisfying mile I've run in a while.

I decided to take the night off...watch a few game 7's (which the Avs lost theirs) and get ready for may...I knew I should have ran just a quick one.

Madlob75
05-01-2014, 08:43 AM
It's May, Bitches.

Mad, You forgot about my 34.7 Miles for the month.

LOL...i saw it....I didn't have that much left in me.

RC-1136
05-01-2014, 12:05 PM
5 miles down on May 1st.

Ullrsdog
05-01-2014, 12:59 PM
5 miles down on May 1st.

If you didn't see my chat message on Nike plus...I will be determining the ultimate winner. Awards for most runs, fewest runs, longest run, shortest run, most consistent runner...So be careful don't start too fast.

RC-1136
05-02-2014, 07:21 AM
If you didn't see my chat message on Nike plus...I will be determining the ultimate winner. Awards for most runs, fewest runs, longest run, shortest run, most consistent runner...So be careful don't start too fast.

I'm not going to run 30 miles and then stop. bathing suit season is almost here. I'm running for the ladies. Beating you guys in the challenge is just a nice bonus.

Ullrsdog
05-05-2014, 09:50 AM
I'm not going to run 30 miles and then stop. bathing suit season is almost here. I'm running for the ladies. Beating you guys in the challenge is just a nice bonus.

RC - Has officially forfeited...he has violated Running Challenges chapter 11, section3, paragraph 6. For those that need a reminder...that is the section related to self terminating challenges based on vain reasons like bathing suit season, or doing it for all the ladies.

Thank you for participating and we'll welcome you back if you can prove to us that you are not a huge pansy ass man whore!

RC-1136
05-05-2014, 11:51 AM
RC - Has officially forfeited...he has violated Running Challenges chapter 11, section3, paragraph 6. For those that need a reminder...that is the section related to self terminating challenges based on vain reasons like bathing suit season, or doing it for all the ladies.

Thank you for participating and we'll welcome you back if you can prove to us that you are not a huge pansy ass man whore!

I think that since you're a park ranger you sent a bunch of pollen my way making it impossible for me to run outside. I think I might be dying.

SouthtownSlayer
05-05-2014, 11:54 AM
OK I set the challenge...the Beeano Crusher...30 Miles during the month of May.

Ok, so this is what dog was talking about in the email he sent me, I'm in!

Sorry for not being around much guys, I flew in from Albuquerque on Saturday night and really needed to get my mind right so decided to jump on Saturday knowing that you fools would help! For those that asked that evening as to where the "F" I've been, well too keep myself from getting all choked up at work and so this isn't a depressing ass post; my dad (step-father but more of a father to me than my biological father was) passed away a couple of weeks ago so I flew home for the services and to be there for my mom and family. He was a great man who treated me like I was his own blood and honestly was the reason why I joined the Navy. With that being said this challenge and gaming with you assholes is definitely what I need to help me get my mind right!! See you fuckers online!! Run-on!

Madlob75
05-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Sorry To hear South, sounds like he as a good man. Nothing like a good run the cleanse the body and soul.

Ullrsdog
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
i think that since you're a park ranger you sent a bunch of pollen my way making it impossible for me to run outside. I think i might be dying.

hooah!!!!

Ullrsdog
05-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Ok, so this is what dog was talking about in the email he sent me, I'm in!

Sorry for not being around much guys, I flew in from Albuquerque on Saturday night and really needed to get my mind right so decided to jump on Saturday knowing that you fools would help! For those that asked that evening as to where the "F" I've been, well too keep myself from getting all choked up at work and so this isn't a depressing ass post; my dad (step-father but more of a father to me than my biological father was) passed away a couple of weeks ago so I flew home for the services and to be there for my mom and family. He was a great man who treated me like I was his own blood and honestly was the reason why I joined the Navy. With that being said this challenge and gaming with you assholes is definitely what I need to help me get my mind right!! See you fuckers online!! Run-on!

South we spoke a bit before but again my condolences...Lob is right a good run will do you, your heart, and your soul a lot of good. Remember regardless of your views on the afterlife he will live on through everything you and yours become. we'll certainly help however we can...even if that's a good DIP DIP POTATO CHIP on your chin!

Start your run fool your 5 days behind!

Ullrsdog
05-05-2014, 03:39 PM
how I love the Colorado Weather...from NOAA today...

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND JUNCTION CO
356 AM MDT MON MAY 5 2014

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR EASTERN UTAH AND WESTERN
COLORADO.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT

BREEZY TO WINDY CONDITIONS WILL REDEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON AND
CONTINUE THROUGH THE EVENING. HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL CONTINUE AT
10 TO 15 DEGREES ABOVE NORMAL. THE WARM...DRY AND WINDY
CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE THE HEIGHTENED FIRE WEATHER CONCERNS.
WINDS WILL GRADUALLY DECREASE OVERNIGHT.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

BREEZY TO WINDY CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP AGAIN TUESDAY
AFTERNOON AND EVENING...WITH FIRE WEATHER CONCERNS CONTINUING AS
WELL.

A COLD FRONT AND STRONG PACIFIC STORM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA
WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...WITH A GOOD CHANCE FOR RAIN AND SNOW
ACROSS THE AREA THROUGH FRIDAY.

So watch out for Fires today and tomorrow...then prepare for rain and snow Wednesday and Thursday WOOOOOOT!!!

Madlob75
05-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Take note RC.... This is how you make excuses about the weather.

Ullrsdog
05-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Take note RC.... This is how you make excuses about the weather.

excuses...WHA??? I ran yesterday!

I might even go for 4 in a row tonight. I am a chaperone for my daughters field trip on Thursday so I certainly won't be running then, but plan on at least one more before I leave and then back to it on Friday.

RC-1136
05-06-2014, 10:12 AM
excuses...WHA??? I ran yesterday!

I might even go for 4 in a row tonight. I am a chaperone for my daughters field trip on Thursday so I certainly won't be running then, but plan on at least one more before I leave and then back to it on Friday.

I have to take a European colleague out to lunch today so I will be stuck at exactly 5 miles until tomorrow.

Ullrsdog
05-06-2014, 12:00 PM
I have to take a European colleague out to lunch today so I will be stuck at exactly 5 miles until tomorrow.

Lies!!! take your normal lunch break (which should be way before their normal lunch break) then go get some grub...after all it is business so you can count the hours...oh wait I forgot I work for the gov-ment!

Madlob75
05-06-2014, 12:04 PM

YEAH!!! Liquid Lunch!!

Ullrsdog
05-07-2014, 03:24 PM
who's running with me tonight?

RC-1136
05-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Lies!!! take your normal lunch break (which should be way before their normal lunch break) then go get some grub...after all it is business so you can count the hours...oh wait I forgot I work for the gov-ment!

Our lunch is about there dinner time. So you got is back wards. I put in another 5 miles yesterday despite the high pollen count to take over the top of the leader board.

RC-1136
05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
I have to be honest. I wouldn't have ran today if it wasn't for the Beano Crusher Challenge. I'm not planning on running this weekend so you guys will have a chance to catch back up.

Ullrsdog
05-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I have to be honest. I wouldn't have ran today if it wasn't for the Beano Crusher Challenge. I'm not planning on running this weekend so you guys will have a chance to catch back up.

couldn't quite catch up...put in 1.5miles with air temps at 40, breezy with gust in the teens, and pouring rain. Just too sloppy to stay out any longer than that. Planned to pass you by putting in a 2.5-3 miler but with the weather I had to call it quits.

Today woke up to 1" maybe 1.5" of snow and there is a solid 2-3" in Aspen...might force me inside tonight, or just take the day off.

RC-1136
05-13-2014, 07:05 AM
I went golfing yesterday and my allergies are so bad today that I can barely think. My head is killing me.

Ullrsdog
05-13-2014, 07:59 AM
I went golfing yesterday and my allergies are so bad today that I can barely think. My head is killing me.

muahahahaaaa!!! the plan is working perfectly!

sometimes it pays to be the Park Ranger!

Madlob75
05-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Good running Dog! Way to kick it out at the end.

SouthtownSlayer
05-19-2014, 05:18 AM
muahahahaaaa!!! the plan is working perfectly!

sometimes it pays to be the Park Ranger!

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be the old, lazy, retired guy who easily throws his back out and get's sick at the drop of a dime!

Ullrsdog
05-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Good running Dog! Way to kick it out at the end.

thanks...had to run inside a few times there at the end because the pollens started kicking up. I was surprised to see how much difference that made.

I can certainly say I'll be taking a few days off to recover...but hope to be back out there before my June workout routine changes that. Will hopefully start doing some circuit training with my wife.

REMEC87
07-09-2014, 12:12 PM
*bump*

I'm training for my first half marathon and I'm using the nike+ coaching program to do it. Anybody else try this feature yet?

So far, so good on a 12 week program but if I look at the mileage a few weeks ahead, I'm a little concerned I won't be able to maintain it...

Ullrsdog
07-09-2014, 12:51 PM
*bump*

I'm training for my first half marathon and I'm using the nike+ coaching program to do it. Anybody else try this feature yet?

So far, so good on a 12 week program but if I look at the mileage a few weeks ahead, I'm a little concerned I won't be able to maintain it...

I did try it with my first 5K and yeah when the coach is saying run 8K or 10K I was thinking holy hell! never made the full distances but went for runs over the 5K which was certainly helpful.

LandShark
07-09-2014, 01:32 PM
I see this thread and thin forrest gump

Madlob75
07-09-2014, 01:36 PM
*bump*

I used it for a little bit and liked it. I liked the directed training..like sprints and pace runs. It kept me from just going out and running with no aim. When is your run?

REMEC87
07-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I used it for a little bit and liked it. I liked the directed training..like sprints and pace runs. It kept me from just going out and running with no aim. When is your run?

It's in 12 weeks, part of Montreal marathon on September 28th. I looked at the mileage in going to have to cover under this program and it's crazy.

July = 62 miles
August = 119 miles
September = 131 miles (including the race)

And that's the beginner routine! I'm going to follow it as best I can but I'm not going to get injured, that's for certain.

Ullrsdog
07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
It's in 12 weeks, part of Montreal marathon on September 28th. I looked at the mileage in going to have to cover under this program and it's crazy.

July = 62 miles
August = 119 miles
September = 131 miles (including the race)

And that's the beginner routine! I'm going to follow it as best I can but I'm not going to get injured, that's for certain.

You got it Remec...and seeing as you aren't gaming you'll have that much more time!! :boink:

Madlob75
08-15-2014, 11:39 AM
Jumped back on the horse this morning. I really want to enter a race at the end of Oct. so I have to get my ass in shape.

Ullrsdog
08-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Jumped back on the horse this morning. I really want to enter a race at the end of Oct. so I have to get my ass in shape.

Glad to hear it!!! I had to take last week off because during my travels to Portland I picked up a nasty cold. I did however set a blazing fast 5K pace for myself...sub 8min splits...god I love sea level!

TonkaToys
10-18-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure how it happened but I'm running a 7 mile obstacle course through mud tomorrow for charity...

https://www.justgiving.com/HitchinRTMudRun/

Damn you alcohol! Why must you be so tasty but leave me so suggestible?

Anyway, my training has consisted of walking the quarter of a mile to my nearest pub :smile:

I'll let you know how it goes if I survive.