PDA

View Full Version : GTAV - General Discussion

HardlyCapable13
09-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Well, due to the constant persuasion of one douche bag (Retro) I went and picked this game up at midnight. I was finally able to start playing at 2am. I only got a hair over two hours in before sleep taking over.

And what a two hours it was. Los Santos just feels so damn alive. Audio is top notch, and begs to be blasted through a nice set of gaming headphones. The city (what tiny sliver I've seen so far) is produced with an amazing attention to detail, which leans more towards RDR than GTAIV. Voice acting is spot on.

I really enjoy how they have made the "tutorial" not feel so much like a "tutorial". Seems like a lot of devs fail at this aspect.

This isn't a review, per-say, since I've only completed two missions (spent the rest of my time roaming around on foot). Just my initial thoughts. Looking forward to hearing yours.

HardlyCapable13
09-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Does Jonah Hill voice Michaels son?

Retro
09-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Does Jonah Hill voice Michaels son?

Yes!

Now mentioning Michael, in just a handful of hours he has quickly become one of my all time favourite characters.

Retro
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Well, due to the constant persuasion of one douche bag (Retro) I went and picked this game up at midnight.

Bitch please, U ain't gonna put dat shit on me hommie. U be a grown ass muth fucka make yur own damn choices. Punk ass bitch ho try'na put shit on me, dayum.

(oh man, I've been playing to much already)

Borlaxx
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Just picked my copy up. Wife may be pissed, but it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Will let you know my thoughts soon, as well on what the minimal amount of sleep I need to not die.

xMisFitToyx
09-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Just picked my copy up.

I was waiting for you to post this ... I knew it wouldn't take too long. :rofl:

I say you trade it in within a month. :tongue:

HardlyCapable13
09-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Yes!

Now mentioning Michael, in just a handful of hours he has quickly become one of my all time favourite characters.

Yeah, well written and acted.

FeelinKorny
09-17-2013, 09:36 PM
The thing that impresses me most about the game is the world. It just feels so alive. I feel like Im actually apart of it. I have just as much fun walking down the street looking at the buildings and people as I do doing the actual missions. I got a little over 2 hours in as well and I can honestly say this game just feels amazing. I have high hopes and I doubt Ill be let down.

FeelinKorny
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Bitch please, U ain't gonna put dat shit on me hommie. U be a grown ass muth fucka make yur own damn choices. Punk ass bitch ho try'na put shit on me, dayum.

(oh man, I've been playing to much already)

Well if your trying to talk like Franklin and his homie Lamar you need about 875687 "nigga's" per sentence to match their likeness. lol

TonkaToys
09-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Looking forward to picking this up... once the queues die down and the stock is up.

Anyhow, don't forget to get yourself added to the active player lists - pretty please!

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Followed a fire truck with screaming sirens around for 15 minutes last night. Was wondering if he was heading to an actual call. Short answer is no.

Toxic Avenger72
09-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Nice game so far. I've had one lockup and one corrupted save file. Had to start from the beginning. Luckily I was only about an hour into the game.

Xbox players: did you install the "play" disc to your HDD, a USB flash drive or not at all? I know rockstar said not too but I just wanted to see if anyone has had an issue.

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Xbox players: did you install the "play" disc to your HDD, a USB flash drive or not at all? I know rockstar said not too but I just wanted to see if anyone has had an issue.

Install disc to HDD and play disc to USB flash drive. Works like a charm.

Retro
09-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Nice game so far. I've had one lockup and one corrupted save file. Had to start from the beginning. Luckily I was only about an hour into the game.

Install disc #1 to the HDD and then install disc #2 to a flash drive. Rockstar has said and is right that installing both discs to the same drive is bad. The guys at Digital Foundry found that installing #1 to the HDD & #2 to a Flash drive eliminated and texture pops and performance/stability issues and prevented disc drive wear & tear.

TheFreak75
09-18-2013, 09:16 AM
The game is soooo good and it feels like you are right there with them, it was funny last night playing and singing Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice and MiniFreak is looking at me and wondering WTF. Still have to get the hang of driving, don't know whether to hit the LT or A button, the car still spins around for me. Love meeting the freaks: already had a drug trip with Micheal, and help Paparazzi with Franklin!!!!

Retro
09-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Freak turn down the sensitivity about 2 notches. Helps a lot.

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 09:29 AM
@Freak, once you get the power slide figured out its great. Also don't forget to use Franklins special ability.

It's amazing how vast the world is, and how much it varies. Also the different feeling you get when doing missions for the 3 different guys. Tonight I may just forget about missions and go exploring. Anyone found any space ship parts yet?

Toxic Avenger72
09-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Install disc #1 to the HDD and then install disc #2 to a flash drive. Rockstar has said and is right that installing both discs to the same drive is bad. The guys at Digital Foundry found that installing #1 to the HDD & #2 to a Flash drive eliminated and texture pops and performance/stability issues and prevented disc drive wear & tear.

Yep, that is what I did. I found no problems so far other than the one lock up. Note to self: save often.

TheFreak75
09-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks Retro, will try to do that today.
Freak turn down the sensitivity about 2 notches. Helps a lot.

Retro
09-18-2013, 09:42 AM
I love all of Michael and Franklin's missions. I don't know why, and it's kind of scary but I can identify with both of their characters in a few ways. Trevor is hilarious and terrifying at the same time but when playing as him it feels like a game while the other two just suck me into the world.

Toxic Avenger72
09-18-2013, 09:44 AM
The game is soooo good and it feels like you are right there with them, it was funny last night playing and singing Snoop Dogg's Gin and Juice and MiniFreak is looking at me and wondering WTF. Still have to get the hang of driving, don't know whether to hit the LT or A button, the car still spins around for me. Love meeting the freaks: already had a drug trip with Micheal, and help Paparazzi with Franklin!!!!

Yeah, MiniToxic was looking at me strange when Gin and Juice was playing too. Glad for headphones on this game. ;) n-this and n-that. I visited the strip club and had to tell MiniToxic to leave the room. Glad I did. :0

SmokeyCheese1
09-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Played missions last night until the point where you pick your crew for the jewelry heist. The dialogue in this game is FANTASTIC. The voice actors really nailed it.

But Im having a problem with my audio - the engine noises seem too quiet and the voices too loud. Ive dicked with the audio settings about as much as I can. Maybe its in my surround set up. IDK.

The level of detail in the envirnoment is astounding to say the least. I mean right down to the bits of trash in the hood. Its incredible.

Unlike other people though, I dont love the driving mechanics. I liked GTA SA better than IV so I kind of wish it was like that.

FeelinKorny
09-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Played missions last night until the point where you pick your crew for the jewelry heist. The dialogue in this game is FANTASTIC. The voice actors really nailed it.

But Im having a problem with my audio - the engine noises seem too quiet and the voices too loud. Ive dicked with the audio settings about as much as I can. Maybe its in my surround set up. IDK.

The level of detail in the envirnoment is astounding to say the least. I mean right down to the bits of trash in the hood. Its incredible.

Unlike other though, I dont love the driving mechanics. I liked GTA SA better than IV so I kind of wish it was like that.

I love the driving controls. I picked it up and was tearing through traffic like a pro the first time I got in a car. It just feels perfect.

Toxic Avenger72
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Anyone else having sign-in issues with the iFruit app on the iPhone?

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Anyone else having sign-in issues with the iFruit app on the iPhone?

It was working fine on Monday. I've read on Rockstar Support twitter that they are aware there is an issue (most likely the flood of users).

Check here http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093

Borlaxx
09-18-2013, 12:14 PM
I spent about 4 hours playing last night, and my first impressions are fantastic. The world feels alive, the details in the environment are amazing, the voice acting is some of the best I have ever heard, and the controls are great. The only thing I would say I wish was different so far is I wish you could map the controls to any button you want, but oh well, I got used to it and it will feel like second nature soon.

This is one of those titles that feels less like a game, and more like an experience. It is crazy to think I have spent 4 hours already and have barely scratched the surface of this game. It is the first game in awhile I have gone to bed thinking about, and woken up the next morning still thinking about it.

And I don't think I even have to say how awesome/hilarious Chomp is, and what he would likely do to that dog in COD Ghosts........

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 04:13 PM
How much bigger can you go? I've played for tons of hours and there is still a majority of the map unexplored. Its awesome.

But how big is too big? How can Rockstar top this? It's is everything I have been wishing for when playing other GTA games.

Also, keep in mind, Rockstar is one of the best in the business with DLC.

AND we haven't even tasted multiplayer yet.

FeelinKorny
09-18-2013, 04:24 PM
How much bigger can you go? I've played for tons of hours and there is still a majority of the map unexplored. Its awesome.

But how big is too big? How can Rockstar top this? It's is everything I have been wishing for when playing other GTA games.

Also, keep in mind, Rockstar is one of the best in the business with DLC.

AND we haven't even tasted multiplayer yet.

I cant wait for MP. The possibility of spending countless hours with friends in the world of gta5. I say we pack full a car and scream road trip and see what adventures/sights/experiences we come across. We all go to top of mount chillad and take a group picture and then jump off!

Spike Forehand
09-18-2013, 04:24 PM
It is the first game in awhile I have gone to bed thinking about, and woken up the next morning still thinking about it.

This same thing happened to me after only about 3-4 missions or so. I have no idea why, because I thought Last of Us was certainly a lot more emotionally engaging.

Overall, I'm giving the game an 8 (so far). While I certainly think it improves on other open world sand-box games (like RDR, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row, etc.), it still doesn't match Skyrim for shear epicness and I think the controls and "in motion" graphics (i.e. not scenery) were bettered by other games. 3 hours in the controls should feel really natural, and I still find myself changing camera angles at the wrong time when driving and unable to find certain buttons naturally. As Borlaxx said - would reallly like to be able to re-map these ourselves.

For the life of me I can't figure out why self-mapping is not in every game already. Also - as I said in my review of Hitman Absolution - PLEASE STOP MAKING AIM/SHOOT AS L2/R2 WHEN JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER PS3 SHOOTER GAME IS L1/R1.

The game's strengths are it's humor, it's variety of missions, and it's beautiful scenery. I was struck by just how much so many of the buildings/streets/geography seem just like my memories of the times I've driven around LA. The cracks in the pavement, the retro-look buildings, the types of business and their signs - everything is very real-looking. However - one observation regarding the much hyped "gigantic" map. Is there a point where maps get too big? It seemed to me like the distance between mission locations was just a little too long, especially when such a high percentage of the buildings were just non-interactive (yet admittedly very realistic looking) scenery. Also - the amount of traffic and how they behaved seemed pretty repetitive. I got sick of coming up to blocked intersections over-and-over-and-over again. (Is it just me or is every single traffic light red when you approach?).

Still - pretty minor gripes and overall I recommend it highly for MP's who like open world sand-box RPG's - or for those who like hijacking cars, banging hookers, robbing liquor stores, and doing bong hits (virtually of course).

I reserve the right to come back and raise or lower my 8 rating as I get further in the game and we see the multiplayer.

Borlaxx
09-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Spike, under the controls setting in options pick the "alternate" setting. It swaps the aiming and shooting from the back shoulder buttons to the front ones. I did it and feels better, although I left the default for driving because the back shoulder buttons IMO are better for controlling how much you step on the gas or breaks.

FeelinKorny
09-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Spike, under the controls setting in options pick the "alternate" setting. It swaps the aiming and shooting from the back shoulder buttons to the front ones. I did it and feels better, although I left the default for driving because the back shoulder buttons IMO are better for controlling how much you step on the gas or breaks.

his score is now 8.5 lol

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Spike, don't forget to use taxis. They are in you contact list on your cell. Call them and they will pick you up and drop you at a custom waypoint.

And you're right about feeling like the real Southern California, but the roads in the game are in waaaaay better shape!

HardlyCapable13
09-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Speaking of online, this map seems quite large for only 16 peeps.

Borlaxx
09-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Speaking of online, this map seems quite large for only 16 peeps.
My guess is that most MP missions will be against NPCs, and that like in RDR the competative parts will be triggered at certain locations with a notice sent out with an option to join in. They probably will also bring back that game's fast travel options if you want to reach other players faster.

Spike Forehand
09-18-2013, 08:32 PM

Thanks - like a moron,I would have never checked. Definitely up to 8.5.

HardlyCapable13
09-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Absolutely love the water physics in the game (open ocean). The rolling waves feel real. Also turbulence when flying is a nice touch.

One thing about sandbox/open world games that gets to me is missions start to become tedious errand runs (including past GTA titles). I have yet to feel that way in this game. At all. Missions are diverse and fun as hell. Especially the heists!

Retro
09-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Absolutely love the water physics in the game (open ocean). The rolling waves feel real. Also turbulence when flying is a nice touch.

One thing about sandbox/open world games that gets to me is missions start to become tedious errand runs (including past GTA titles). I have yet to feel that way in this game. At all. Missions are diverse and fun as hell. Especially the heists!

What's killing me is how they all just flow together. I keep saying I'm going to stop at the end of a mission but then the game teases the start of a new mission and the next thing I know, 5 missions later it's 2:45am.

In the last year this generation of games has been defined.

- AC3
- Far Cry 3
- The Last of Us
- GTA V

Spike Forehand
09-20-2013, 05:12 PM
OK just made it past the first big heist and the intro of the third character. Bumping my score up to 9.5 based on exactly the things you guys talked about - the mission variety and how it sucks you in. Easily the best sandbox game by far.

EPIC50CAL
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
OK just made it past the first big heist and the intro of the third character. Bumping my score up to 9.5 based on exactly the things you guys talked about - the mission variety and how it sucks you in. Easily the best sandbox game by far.

Definitely agree.

FeelinKorny
09-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Trevor is one weird mofo. God love him.

Toxic Avenger72
09-20-2013, 10:37 PM
This is how I roll!

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/ToxicAvenger72/Untitled_zps844a9cb6.jpg (http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/ToxicAvenger72/media/Untitled_zps844a9cb6.jpg.html)

FeelinKorny
09-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Sure wish I could make a custom LP

Toxic Avenger72
09-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Sure wish I could make a custom LP

Download the app "iFruit" and customize your vehicle in the garage. It will transfer over to the game. You'll get a message in-game that your order has been received and to go to the garage.

FeelinKorny
09-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Download the app "iFruit" and customize your vehicle in the garage. It will transfer over to the game. You'll get a message in-game that your order has been received and to go to the garage.

Not with android lol

Toxic Avenger72
09-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Not with android lol

Well, that sucks. Looks they have plans for one but not yet released.

HardlyCapable13
09-22-2013, 10:26 PM
I've only got like 8 missions left but still can't afford to buy property. Am I doing something wrong?

Retro
09-22-2013, 11:28 PM
I've only got like 8 missions left but still can't afford to buy property. Am I doing something wrong?

Can't even buy a hanger or one of the bars???

HardlyCapable13
09-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Can't even buy a hanger or one of the bars???

Got a hanger. But everything else seems to pricey. I was wrong in mission count; more like 12 left. But still, figured you'd be able to buy property earlier so it could make you money. But I guess money doesn't really get you anything...

HardlyCapable13
09-23-2013, 12:44 AM
Yeah, guess there were a few places I could afford. Didn't look hard enough.

johnnyh1976
09-24-2013, 04:11 PM
I've only scratched the surface to the point where Michael has been introduced as a playable character, but from what I've played and seen so far, this will keep me entertained for quite a while. Good action and tons of hilarity. I've mostly always played FPS games and this is a very nice change of pace.

Borlaxx
09-24-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm not done with the main story yet, but I can safely say already that this is in my top 3 games of all time, if not number 1. I haven't been this enamored with a game since I was a kid.

FeelinKorny
09-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm not done with the main story yet, but I can safely say already that this is in my top 3 games of all time, if not number 1. I haven't been this enamored with a game since I was a kid.

Yes Id say top 5 all time personal favorite. Nothing NOTHING will ever top Metal Gear Solid on PS1 though.

HardlyCapable13
09-25-2013, 08:48 AM
I beat the main story a couple nights ago. Have about 50 hours logged and there is still so much to do. That many hours and I never even got me a fighter jet! So ashamed...

I will finish up all side missions and can see myself giving the game another run through, picking different ways of doing the heists.

Can't wait for GTA online and to see what Rockstar has in store for DLC! This game is pure greatness!!!

Retro
09-30-2013, 05:17 PM
100 "little things" (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/30/100-little-things-in-gta-5-that-will-blow-your-mind?page=1) found in GTA V. Just proving how damn detailed this game is.

Toxic Avenger72
09-30-2013, 09:53 PM
Yep, working on those (spaceship parts and letter scraps) right now along with the story. And don't forget the stunt jumps.

TheFreak75
10-01-2013, 06:07 AM
Just played some online, it starts you off with the create a character, it's so detailed, don't want to give anything away and then you start doing some missions to get acquainted with how it works,. It's pretty cool. I've held up a couple of stores already, they will give you more money compared to the stores in story mode. I already have a car and it is insured, if my car is stolen I can make a claim to the insurance. WOW!!!!

HardlyCapable13
10-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Just played some online, it starts you off with the create a character, it's so detailed, don't want to give anything away and then you start doing some missions to get acquainted with how it works,. It's pretty cool. I've held up a couple of stores already, they will give you more money compared to the stores in story mode. I already have a car and it is insured, if my car is stolen I can make a claim to the insurance. WOW!!!!

Sweet! Glad you got in. I've been reading that lots of people are having issues. Probably due to the fact of millions trying to get in at once. I will check it out after work.

FeelinKorny
10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
I tried about an hour ago and couldn't get in. So Ill try again later.

HardlyCapable13
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure how much exploring everyone has done, but there are so many areas in this game that aren't even touched by an mission. It blows me away all this work they put into it and a lot of it won't be seen! There are so many possibilities for some amazing DLC, which Rockstar is well known for. I'm just afraid when it's released I will be so wrapped into next gen that it will be hard to go back.

FeelinKorny
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure how much exploring everyone has done, but there are so many areas in this game that aren't even touched by an mission. It blows me away all this work they put into it and a lot of it won't be seen! There are so many possibilities for some amazing DLC, which Rockstar is well known for. I'm just afraid when it's released I will be so wrapped into next gen that it will be hard to go back.

Agreed. Half the fun is just looking at things.

Retro
10-01-2013, 03:59 PM

Have you found the Hatch from Lost yet?

You still go back to NES games, I'm sure you'll find time to visit this, it is after all a "classic" already.

HardlyCapable13
10-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Have you found the Hatch from Lost yet?

You still go back to NES games, I'm sure you'll find time to visit this, it is after all a "classic" already.

Hatch? Not familiar with the show. I did work on set as a grunt for season 1 but couldn't get into the show...

EPIC50CAL
10-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Online is not working for me. Waaaaaaat!!

HardlyCapable13
10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Online is not working for me. Waaaaaaat!!

You're not the only one!

HardlyCapable13
10-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Not too impressed with the talk radio in this one. The exception is the show Chakra Attack on West Coast Talk Radio. I've listened to that show a number of times and still die laughing.

Retro
10-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Not too impressed with the talk radio in this one. The exception is the show Chakra Attack on West Coast Talk Radio. I've listened to that show a number of times and still die laughing.

This still my favourite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e5QJDLYi8Y

HardlyCapable13
10-02-2013, 12:47 PM
favourite.

Canadians should be allowed extra characters on Twitter due to "eh" and the unnecessary use of the letter "u".

Retro
10-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Canadians should be allowed extra characters on Twitter due to "eh" and the unnecessary use of the letter "u".

Yep, damn those Canadian's and Brit's and their proper use of the English language!!! Americans need extra characters for their incessant use of "uh" and "like". :boink:

HardlyCapable13
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Yep, damn those Canadian's and Brit's and their proper use of the English language!!! Americans need extra characters for their incessant use of "uh" and "like". :boink:

Uh, like totally!

Borlaxx
10-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Finally finished the main story. Man, what an awesome game. I'm going to play online now, but I fully intend on doing all the side missions at some point, and play through it again. One of the few times I will say I can't wait for more SP content in DLC.

TonkaToys
10-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Well done B. My mate at work has just lent me his copy of GTA V so I can get started tonight! (Unless I get sucked in by BF4 again)

HardlyCapable13
04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Surprised there has been no talk from camp Rockstar about DLC.

Toxic Avenger72
05-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Coincidence?

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2013/9/12/gta_v_upton_2.png]

TonkaToys
05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Whaaa... did you say something? :tongue:

roadrnr
12-17-2014, 01:01 PM
So...this is a must buy game? It's been yeaaaaaaars since I've played a GTA game...and this one certainly looks fun on ps4....

HardlyCapable13
12-17-2014, 01:06 PM
So...this is a must buy game? It's been yeaaaaaaars since I've played a GTA game...and this one certainly looks fun on ps4....

In my eyes it's a no brainer.

If you like 3rd person sand box style games, this one is the king of them all. Not sure how they can top it.

Retro
12-17-2014, 01:31 PM

Is this game a must buy?

http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Awesome+gif+bro+_8f3a67b8860ea9150cb0e743da398c54. gif

HardlyCapable13
12-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Been a while, so thought I'd update with a pic. Nothing quite like heading to the gun store in a stolen hearse painted bright pink. Oh Trevor, you crazy SOB...

http://prod.hosted.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/Roo_Bu7ro0y02zJs4MdgJw_0_0.jpg

roadrnr
12-17-2014, 05:45 PM
I think I'm going to pick this one up tomorrow then. Anyone playing on PS4?

Major Stains
12-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Anyone playing on PS4?

Mine is wrapped and under the tree... Can't wait to get stuck in to this.

Far Cry 4 has yet to grab me, and FIFA 15 is very lonely.
I haven't got the hours to invest in Destiny and I flat out suck at Battlefield.
So I am pinning my hopes on GTA V to give me my fix.

TonkaToys
01-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Tricky_OConnor has just been added to the Active Players list for PS3 - is anyone still online and able to give him a game?

Major Stains
01-26-2015, 05:18 PM
At least the PS3 has a list!

I've been loving the remastered version, but still too tied up in the story to join ViewtifulJoe in his online race meets.

Come on Admins... Sort it aat guvna!

Major Stains
02-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Thought I'd share, that I read this morning that time is running out if you still haven't transferred your GTAV data from the PS3/ X360 over to a PS4/ X1 version.
If you ever intend to upgrade, now would be the time. (Although I have still yet to see it on a cheap deal anywhere).

DeadChaos
02-02-2017, 04:19 AM
PS Store wants £54.99 for a game that was released over 2 years ago......daylight robbery!

TonkaToys
02-02-2017, 06:49 AM
PS Store wants £54.99 for a game that was released over 2 years ago......daylight robbery!

Fitting really.

£25 at Argos

DeadChaos
02-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Only problem is I prefer buying multiplayer games digitally because they can be shared over two consoles with only one PS+ subscription instead of needing two disc copies of the game.

TonkaToys
02-23-2017, 04:35 AM
GTA V PSN price drop for the digital edition: £29.99

DeadChaos
06-20-2017, 03:16 AM
The drama llama :llama:

GTA online community starts petition to bring back OpenIV mod.

The drama llama that is Take-Two closing down GTA online mods is picking up speed, and doing the equivalent of annoying llama-type things. Like spitting in people’s face. It’s up to you to decide who the llama is in this scenario.

If you haven’t kept up with what’s happening, Take-Two have shut down a multi-purpose editor and archive manager for the PC version of the game, OpenIV. Rockstar has defended the move, saying that it “enables recent malicious mods,” and since then, Take-Two has shut down a number of other mods that allow for cheating and griefing online.

The community was not happy after OpenIV was shut down, and their wrath was unleashed in the reviews section on Steam.

“Users are down-voting GTA V like crazy,” tweeted Steam Spy. “Never mess with the mods.”

Over on Change.org, a petition has been started to “Save OpenIV.”

The page description read, “For 10 years now the Grand Theft Auto series has been edited and modded by people to make the game more enjoyable. Hundreds if not thousands of people have bought one or all of Grand Theft Auto: SA, Grand Theft Auto IV, and Grand Theft Auto V just to mod it.

“The modding of these games have been done mostly in singleplayer and with the help of OpenIV, a software that lets you get into the game’s files and replace vehicles, scripts, textures, etc.

“The closing of OpenIV leaves 10,000s of people without access to be able to mod their games, and leaves 10,000s of people without the ability to continue their hobbies. All modding used by OpenIV is for singleplayer use only to make the game more enjoyable, the software OpenIV was never used to mod multiplayer or Grand Theft Auto Online so it does not harm anyone.”

It closes by stating that OpenIV should be allowed to continue running, and should be “deemed legal again as Rockstar Games has said in the past.”

So far, the petition has garnered over 50,000 supporters in the five days it’s been live.

Talking to PC Gamer, content creator Ash Sky Queen said, “The news about OpenIV being shutdown is having a big impact in the machinima community. For me it’s pretty devastating.”

She explained, “This is due to the amazing shots and scenarios I was able to create using mods made available with the use of OpenIV. All my future machinima projects are now suspended for the time being. Take-Two states that the modding tool is used by third parties to manipulate the GTA Online economy, but if this is the case, it is a small minority of users doing it.

“The vast majority of users and mod authors are creatives, and actively discourage using mods online. Most mods actually block the user from loading into Online when installed.”

Going back to vanilla version of the game would be “devastating for machinima creators,” she said.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/19/gta-5-players-flock-to-steam-to-tank-the-games-review-score-after-takedown-of-openiv-mod/

SmokeyCheese1
06-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Im one of the rare ones that doesnt give an ants shit about GTAV online. All I ever wanted was story DLC from day 2.