PDA

View Full Version : Non-Mission Activities

Borlaxx
09-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Anyone take the time to watch any of the movies at the theaters in the game? I watched some black and white Italian artsy fartsy movie at the theater on the equivalent of the Hollywood walk of fame and it was hilarious and so well done.

Has anyone tried any of the sports like golf, tennis, etc? Are they any fun?

Also, went to the strip club and picked up a prostitute for the first time in the game last night, and all I can say is, DAMN, they sure aren't shying away from controversy on this game, and it is VERY not okay for kids.

SmokeyCheese1
09-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Played tennis and did some shooting range stuff. Tennis is well done. The animations are pretty spot on.

I dont plan on doing any outside activities unless I happen to come across them while commuting or something.

Retro
09-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Tennis and golf are really well done.

HardlyCapable13
09-19-2013, 11:15 AM
The golf and tennis are done very well. Darts is okay. Don't see myself ever doing yoga again. Love the races (can't wait to find the ralley ones).

I haven't went to the cinema yet, but I was screwing around flipping through TV channels last night (in game). Wife brought home In-n-Out for dinner, so I decided to check out a show while I stuffed my face with a double double. I finished dinner before the end of the program, but wanted to sit through the rest of it. It was hilarious. It's the "reality" show about the washed up 80's action movie star. Also love the talk radio stations for a good laugh.

FeelinKorny
09-19-2013, 01:30 PM
So I plan on doing a journey from on side of the map to the other by foot. Any guesses as to how long this will take? Any suggested starting/ending points?

Retro
09-19-2013, 01:52 PM
So I plan on doing a journey from on side of the map to the other by foot. Any guesses as to how long this will take? Any suggested starting/ending points?

Well then I'd say go big. Start at the waters edge of Los Santos Internation Airport and head to the furthest island off of Paleto Bay.

FeelinKorny
09-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Well then I'd say go big. Start at the waters edge of Los Santos Internation Airport and head to the furthest island off of Paleto Bay.

How long do you think it will take? Ill be only walking no running (swimming only if need be)

HardlyCapable13
09-19-2013, 02:02 PM
How long do you think it will take? Ill be only walking no running (swimming only if need be)

Don't think you'll make it. You will get bored or distracted.

FeelinKorny
09-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Don't think you'll make it. You will get bored or distracted.

Thats a challenge my friend. At 8pm tonight ill begin my journey.

Borlaxx
09-19-2013, 02:31 PM
This is how I imagine Korny to be in GTA5 now.

xMisFitToyx
09-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Anyone take the time to watch any of the movies at the theaters in the game? I watched some black and white Italian artsy fartsy movie at the theater on the equivalent of the Hollywood walk of fame and it was hilarious and so well done.

Has anyone tried any of the sports like golf, tennis, etc? Are they any fun?

Also, went to the strip club and picked up a prostitute for the first time in the game last night, and all I can say is, DAMN, they sure aren't shying away from controversy on this game, and it is VERY not okay for kids.

LOL ... last night it showed you playing Grand Theft Auto 5 : Marriage Counseling

It must have been right after you visited the prostitute. :rofl:

Borlaxx
09-19-2013, 03:37 PM
LOL! It was actually after that mission. Felt like good timing (you will see why).

Retro
09-19-2013, 04:32 PM

Real time, just walking or swimming? Starting at 8pm I would say you will finish sometime around 1:30am.

FeelinKorny
09-19-2013, 07:06 PM
My long pointless journey is beginning

TonkaToys
09-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Well, how long did it take or are you unable to answer ... because you are still going 12 hours later!

Spike Forehand
09-20-2013, 05:50 PM
This is how I imagine Korny to be in GTA5 now.

Awesome. :clap2::pound::pound::pop2::pop2:

FeelinKorny
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Well, how long did it take or are you unable to answer ... because you are still going 12 hours later!

It didnt last very long. I thought Id jack a plane and fly around to open up some of the map. So I could actually see where I was going on my map. But I ended up having a engine blow and land in the water. I then discovered mount chillad and well.......lets just say having your guy run down the mountain full speed results in a hilarious ending. I spent an hour trying to walk up the mountain (which i failed to do). I then decided if i took me an hour just to attempt to climb up 1 mountain then it would take WAY to long to walk the whole map. I still really really want to do this. But Ill save it for a day im off work and its raining and the kids are gone.