PDA

View Full Version : Brew Dogs (New TV Show)

Gink
09-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Brew Dogs is a new TV show I've been looking forward to. It follows two brewers from Scotland as they visit (so far) American cities, their craft breweries and then create a brew to epitomize that city.

The show airs on the Esquire network, which I guess is new. We don't have it here, so I have to download the show. First episode aired last Tuesday and it took me days to finally get it. First episode was in San Diego, so of course they visited Stone, and hung out with Stone's crazy CEO, then brewed an IPA with Kelp, Chili Peppers, and Rosemary ON A TRAIN.

The show is pretty awesome. It's funny and interesting, and they showcase tons of craft brews that I now have to go out and try to find. They also walk you through the brewing process, and build some pretty cool brewing setups. If you're any type of beer enthusiast, you'll love this show.

Borlaxx
02-17-2014, 12:39 PM
I just saw a few episodes of this the other night and love it! The guys are not only very informative, but also very entertaining and funny.

The fist episode I saw they were in San Francisco and made a steam beer using fog condensation for the brew water, some really old tea, and open fermentation on the roof in an old bourbon barrel, and then the vaporized some of the beer so you could inhale the vapor while drinking it. It sounded divine.

In the second episode they made the "Most American Beer in History" by using a traditional colonial recipe including stone ground corn and they brewed in on a parade float during a 4th of July parade. The beer itself sounded very good, but they also had some scientist create some liquid that supposedly had millions of copies of the Deceleration of Independence as DNA molecules to add to the beer. Although they obviously do some gimmicky stuff on purpose (like the fog water for the first episode) this seemed just dumb and wouldn't do anything to the taste of the beer.

I will be watching more when I see they are on. I like how the show is entertaining and informative, how they highlight local brewers, try to convert craft beer virgins, and pair beer with food.

Madlob75
02-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I've caught a couple of these, but you are right...they do some wacky stuff. I was hoping it would be more like Brew Masters from Dogfish Head. If you have Netflix check it out. They only did 4 shows before Budweiser forced it off, but really cool.

HardlyCapable13
02-17-2014, 08:15 PM
I've caught a couple of these, but you are right...they do some wacky stuff. I was hoping it would be more like Brew Masters from Dogfish Head. If you have Netflix check it out. They only did 4 shows before Budweiser forced it off, but really cool.

Brew Masters was a great show with an amazing future (if they would have focused on a different brewery each season).

Another reason to despise AB/InBev.

Gink
02-19-2014, 03:27 PM
I remember catching one episode of Brew Masters when it aired, then always wondered what happened to the show. Nice to know the few episodes there were are on Netflix.

I've watched all but the last episode of season 1 of Brew Dogs, I hope they make another season. It might not be the most informative brewing show, but I find it really entertaining and it certainly inspires creative brewing. Though every episode leaves me both hungry and thirsty with all the delicious looking food and brews they consume.