PDA

View Full Version : Destiny Beta in Early 2014

Major Stains
10-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Bungie will hold a beta for upcoming shared-world shooter Destiny in early 2014 on all announced platforms, according to an Amazon product page spotted today by NeoGAF.

The beta will be offered on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4 for those who preorder the game while supplies last, according to the product page.

No mention was made concerning when the Destiny beta will officially begin. All existing preorders through Amazon will be given beta keys.

Neither Bungie nor Activision has officially announced a beta for Destiny. Bungie is no stranger to betas, as the developer has offered betas for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.

Destiny--which requires an Internet connection--launches in 2014. It is Bungie's first post-Halo project and the first game as part of the company's ten-year exclusive publishing deal with Activision. (http://uk.gamespot.com//news/destiny-beta-in-early-2014-6415154?)

(Click quote for full Gamespot article)

HardlyCapable13
10-01-2013, 01:29 PM
From Major Nelsons blog (there's also a new video there):
http://majornelson.com/2013/10/01/destiny-beta/

ACTIVISION AND BUNGIE ANNOUNCE DESTINY BETA EARLY 2014
Pre-Order Now at Participating Retailers for Invite-Only Access to Beta
Shared World Shooter Game Launches Next Spring

Activision Publishing and Bungie today announced that fans who pre-order the game at participating retailers worldwide will get early access to the Destiny Beta, which will include a diverse sampling of major activities featured in the full game. The Beta will begin in early 2014 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4.

Destiny Beta Redemption Codes are only available while supplies last. To see a list of participating global retailers, fans can visit http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy. Upon pre-ordering the game at a participating retailer, fans can visit http://bungie.net/beta and follow the instructions on the page to secure their spot in the Beta. The required 9-digit entry code will be printed on their receipt, on a flyer distributed at time of purchase or sent via email through their respective retail rewards program. Fans that pre-ordered before October 1st 2013 and qualify for this offer are automatically entered into the Beta and will receive their entry code from their retailer via email. All questions or concerns related to the Beta code should be brought to the attention of the retailer.

HardlyCapable13
04-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Okay, so beta is coming this summer. Preorder the game to get access code emailed to you. I'm going to preorder through Amazon, since they don't charge until item ships. Can always cancel the order after you receive the beta code...

Hoping at least another xBone MPeep gets in on this.

Edit: got the beta code email right after order was placed. So you can cancel your order right away if you want.

FeelinKorny
04-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Done deal. Ill pre order now.

*Edit*

I preordered. As soon as I get my beta code Im going to cancel my order. Destiny is one of the select few games Im actually hyped for this year. However I plan on buying from gamestop or Walmart rather then online.

HardlyCapable13
04-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Done deal. Ill pre order now.

*Edit*

I preordered. As soon as I get my beta code Im going to cancel my order. Destiny is one of the select few games Im actually hyped for this year. However I plan on buying from gamestop or Walmart rather then online.

Follow the steps to enter your code on the Bungie website before canceling. I did the same as I will probably buy the digital version.

FeelinKorny
04-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Follow the steps to enter your code on the Bungie website before canceling. I did the same as I will probably buy the digital version.

I entered the code and all that jazz. Says Ill get email when they have more info regarding the beta date and what not. But Im guaranteed a spot in the beta. Now that you mention it I will be buying it digitally. Not sure why that option slipped my mind.