PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4 Platoons

SouthtownSlayer
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
"If you’ve been playing the Battlefield 4 Beta, you might be wondering: “Where are the Platoons from Battlefield 3?” We are looking at introducing Platoons for Battlefield 4 in early 2014. We know this is a very popular feature for Battlefield players that have been used by thousands of fans, and as such we are preparing to bring it back into Battlefield 4. As we do this, we’re also very eager to hear what new functions you would like to see. Battlelog has always been an organic service that constantly changes and grows together with you, the community – so please; share your thoughts on the BF4 forums! We’ll be able to share more of our plans for the upcoming Battlefield 4 Platoons feature later."

Link to thread (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670089865431/)

sam007
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Let's have an active MP be the founder so we don't repeat the BF3 platoon of MIA founder and leaders when new members apply to the platoon.

I vote Dog as Founder, lol

Spike Forehand
10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
I agree - Dog should be the man.

One thing I would really, really, really like to see is that the auto- balancing automatically attempts to keep guys who are in the same BL platoon on the same side as much as possible. IMO always having to manage invites and side switching was the worst part of BF3 - although it did solve the BFBC2 problem of unbalanced teams. It just went a little too far.

sam007
10-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I agree - Dog should be the man.

One thing I would really, really, really like to see is that the auto- balancing automatically attempts to keep guys who are in the same BL platoon on the same side as much as possible. IMO always having to manage invites and side switching was the worst part of BF3 - although it did solve the BFBC2 problem of unbalanced teams. It just went a little too far.

I joined on Dog this afternoon and it has such feature, auto balance so you play with people on your friends list or the person you join on is how it appears.

SouthtownSlayer
10-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Let's have an active MP be the founder so we don't repeat the BF3 platoon of MIA founder and leaders when new members apply to the platoon.

Agree 100%!!! I vote "Tree Bark" as our fearless leader when this is implemented!

Gink
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
I joined on Dog this afternoon and it has such feature, auto balance so you play with people on your friends list or the person you join on is how it appears.

Autobalance still leaves a lot to be desired. It's cool how it says "auto balancing to play with xxxxx" whoever you joined on, but I don't know that it does anything. I joined on southtown today in a match with 9 vs 10 and ended up on the opposite team. Had to manually switch teams and choose his squad, which also had room.

Ullrsdog
10-07-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm fine with being the founder...but no complaints about the emblem or you'll get the BAN HAMMER!!!

TonkaToys
10-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Just remember, with great power comes great... hazing possibilities.

EPIC50CAL
10-07-2013, 06:26 PM

I agree.

EPIC50CAL
10-07-2013, 06:27 PM

I agree.

Ullrsdog
10-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Just remember, with great power comes great... hazing possibilities.

hmmmmm let's see what can I come up with....

REMEC87
10-08-2013, 08:46 AM
hmmmmm let's see what can I come up with....

New recruits need to wear RCs running jock on their heads....

Spike Forehand
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM
New recruits need to wear RCs running jock on their heads....

Old Man Clan suddenly looking attractive.

Madlob75
10-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Old Man Clan suddenly looking attractive.

Dibs on OMC-Stinky!

Ullrsdog
10-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Dibs on OMC-Stinky!

OMC-Cap'in poopy shoes is mine

mechatool
10-09-2013, 09:26 AM
OMC-Cap'in poopy shoes is mine

OMC-Frank&Beans is reseved for RC.

SouthtownSlayer
10-09-2013, 09:44 AM
OMC-Frank&Beans is reseved for RC.

Think he should be OMC-AllBerriesNoTwig

SouthtownSlayer
10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Dibs on OMC-ChiefSammich

mechatool
10-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Dibs on OMC-WWWWhat!!!

Spike Forehand
10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Pretty sure no one has claimed OMC-dingleberrysniffer so I'll go with that.

lore77
11-08-2013, 09:34 PM
OMC-AdolfOliverNipples

Major Stains
11-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Just curious - why OMC? Is MP in use already?

Wildbill
12-19-2013, 03:02 PM

I vote Dog as Founder, lolSorry I was trying to help. :(

SouthtownSlayer
12-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Just curious - why OMC? Is MP in use already?

OMC (Old Man Clan) was a PS3 clan that had it's own BF3 server that we would frequent as a group and get banned/kicked when we handed them their ass!

Ullrsdog
12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
OMC (Old Man Clan) was a PS3 clan that had it's own BF3 server that we would frequent as a group and get banned/kicked when we handed them their ass!

and showed up in a YouTube video about Badmins!

Major Stains
12-19-2013, 03:44 PM

Ah. I see. This young padawan has much to learn. Not long till I join you Jedi's for a serious beating!

RC-1136
12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Think he should be OMC-AllBerriesNoTwig

I just saw this. FU! L1L1L1

Sckrapps
01-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Happy to see that Platoons are going to be introduced to BF4 during player appreciation month.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-player-appreciation-month/

EPIC50CAL
02-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Yea Dog you gonna sign up your platoon for early access.

donhardeone
02-25-2014, 07:25 AM
I tried to sign up for a "Team MP" platoon for early access, but the thread is already locked. Oh well.

Ullrsdog
02-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I tried to sign up for a "Team MP" platoon for early access, but the thread is already locked. Oh well.

I guess not then...sorry Epic.

Major Stains
02-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Platoons invade Battlefield 4 beginning Feb. 27
(http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/25/5447040/battlefield-4-platoons-release-date)

(Click above for source)

donhardeone
02-25-2014, 09:21 PM
Darn, the limit is 100. There will definitely need to be multiple platoons since on BF3 we had ~150 members across three platform-based platoons (PS3, 360, PC). I'd imagine we would be slightly lower numbers at the moment spread across 5 platforms though. I haven't been able to tell if the platoons will allow cross-platform, but based off what the above article says it would be in our interest to make them platform-specific I guess to make full use.

Major Stains
02-26-2014, 02:36 AM
Darn, the limit is 100. There will definitely need to be multiple platoons since on BF3 we had ~150 members across three platform-based platoons (PS3, 360, PC). I'd imagine we would be slightly lower numbers at the moment spread across 5 platforms though. I haven't been able to tell if the platoons will allow cross-platform, but based off what the above article says it would be in our interest to make them platform-specific I guess to make full use.

Yeah, I read into it that four players must partake at the same time to qualify as a platoon, so that doesn't sound too cross platform to me.

A few angry reactions to the fact you need to be a premium sucker *ahem* I mean member to actually start a platoon.

SouthtownSlayer
02-26-2014, 07:36 AM
I still feel we should make it one platoon and with most of the people on the active rosters being doubled up on other active BF4 lists I think we would be fine with the horrible 100 member max which I'm sure "may" increase in the future.

Ullrsdog
02-26-2014, 11:12 AM
The system is also completely platform agnostic, so anyone can join a Platoon no matter where they play Battlefield 4.

Did I miss something?

Badgerute
02-26-2014, 02:04 PM
The system is also completely platform agnostic, so anyone can join a Platoon no matter where they play Battlefield 4.

Did I miss something?

I'm not sure agnostic is the proper word there. I don't understand the platoon system anyway. Is it just the same as the BF3 platoon system -- a page where your entire platoon can post? But going back to what Dog said, there is a god platform, it is the PS4!

Ullrsdog
02-26-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure agnostic is the proper word there. I don't understand the platoon system anyway. Is it just the same as the BF3 platoon system -- a page where your entire platoon can post? But going back to what Dog said, there is a god platform, it is the PS4!

Yeah I should have put that in quotes....agnostic is certainly not what Dice is looking for there but that's what they said.

My understanding is that the page is similar to the BF3 page but there appears to be some ranking system as well...we'll see tomorrow, and hopefully I have a chance to create the platoon page. I also may spend some quality taxpayer dollars trying to replicate Mech's MP banner.

SouthtownSlayer
02-26-2014, 03:08 PM

• The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
• Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
• A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
• A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
• The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.

It's pretty much the same except they added having the opportunity to "Level" your platoon by gaining experience towards your platoon if you play matches with platoon members.

Badgerute
02-26-2014, 03:17 PM
• The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
• Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
• A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
• A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
• The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.

It's pretty much the same except they added having the opportunity to "Level" your platoon by gaining experience towards your platoon if you play matches with platoon members.

How about addressing the lag that is now more prevalent than ever. I played a couple games with RC last night and I could barely move it was so bad. At least I have some battlepacks and platoon though. I think the first order of platoon business is the demotion of Beeano (too angry; too many complaints; struggles when the sandstorm hits on Oman). Can I get a second?

REMEC87
02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
How about addressing the lag that is now more prevalent than ever. I played a couple games with RC last night and I could barely move it was so bad. At least I have some battlepacks and platoon though. I think the first order of platoon business is the demotion of Beeano (too angry; too many complaints; struggles when the sandstorm hits on Oman). Can I get a second?

I second that but only because he is constantly asking if I got my dinky stinky again...too much focus on my no-no spot for comfort :P

Ullrsdog
02-26-2014, 04:25 PM

ok I'll second (just cause I like to stir the pot...NO NOT THAT KIND SOUTHSIDE!!!) but with hesitation. I agree he may complain from time to time...but angry I think that might be a bit strong...either way at least I can hear him bitching, so be careful about what you wish for!

RC-1136
02-27-2014, 07:47 AM
ok I'll second (just cause I like to stir the pot...NO NOT THAT KIND SOUTHSIDE!!!) but with hesitation. I agree he may complain from time to time...but angry I think that might be a bit strong...either way at least I can hear him bitching, so be careful about what you wish for!

I'm starting the platoon this morning. I don't feel like working. If you don't like it, FU.

RC-1136
02-27-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm starting the platoon this morning. I don't feel like working. If you don't like it, FU.

Team MP Platoon is up and running. I sent invites to all of the active BF4 players that are in Team MP. Should I invite the Friends of Team MP as well?

Badgerute
02-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Team MP Platoon is up and running. I sent invites to all of the active BF4 players that are in Team MP. Should I invite the Friends of Team MP as well?

I think you should.

Wildbill
02-27-2014, 11:04 AM

link please. Hi everybody .

donhardeone
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM

WildBill! I shot you the link via Battlelog chat.

I didn't get any invite to the platoon for some reason, but I was able to still join it without issue. I assume we will want to mark it as being joined by invite only to ensure it stays MPs and Friends of MPs?

Major Stains
02-27-2014, 12:05 PM
So I'm guessing I have to drop another £40 on this tonight if I want to join the fun?
Capitalist bunch of ass clowns!

I've been waiting to play this game with MPs for years, and Dice/EA are trying to prevent this at every opportunity!
Grrrrrrr.:angry:

Ullrsdog
02-27-2014, 12:41 PM
So I'm guessing I have to drop another £40 on this tonight if I want to join the fun?

I've been waiting to play this game with MPs for years, and Dice/EA are trying to prevent this at every opportunity!

we've been playing vanilla lately, so no need for premium...

Major Stains
02-27-2014, 12:52 PM
we've been playing vanilla lately, so no need for premium...

Any advise would be welcome.

Money is tight, but I don't want to miss out on the fun from my initial investment.
Should I get Premium or just get the odd map pack as it comes out?

I see you guys on SA, and think maybe I should just get it on Premium so I don't have to go through this each time.

Plus if Platoons are premium only, am I missing out on much if I don't play it?

Madlob75
02-27-2014, 01:36 PM
If I'm ever online while you are playing, just shoot me an invite. I'll be happy to play vanilla maps with you. Getting tired of the same four maps over and over and over and over again.

RC-1136
02-27-2014, 01:36 PM

What is your battlelog ID? i don't think we're friends on there.

Ullrsdog
02-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Any advise would be welcome.

Money is tight, but I don't want to miss out on the fun from my initial investment.
Should I get Premium or just get the odd map pack as it comes out?

I see you guys on SA, and think maybe I should just get it on Premium so I don't have to go through this each time.

well I haven't played china rising since the first few weeks after release. we have been playing SA a bit but that even seems to be slowing down, if you aren't US on Firestorm, RU on Oman, US on Caspian meaning you be RU on Metro for conquest (assuming the teams don't rebalance) then leave...the map (Metro) is so unbalanced that winning as US is like winning the Lotto. Rush is better though so if you were interested in Rush it is more balanced on SA.

I personally see myself playing SA in the future but probably not much on China Rising. The problem is right now if you buy Premium then you could consider CR the free map pack and assume we'd be playing all of the other DLC's in some way shape or form over time, but we have no clue what they will look like or how they'll play.

It's a tough call because at the end of BF3 we were sticking nearly exclusively to Vanilla.

donhardeone
02-27-2014, 01:47 PM

I may have misread it, but I thought Platoons were open to any players. You just had to be Premium to create a new platoon.

Major Stains
02-27-2014, 03:03 PM
I may have misread it, but I thought Platoons were open to any players. You just had to be Premium to create a new platoon.

Yeah, that was my bad as I was trying to get on via the iPad. And it isn't running on that yet.
I got RC's invite to the party and am now in the door. I did bring a bottle, although it's lemonade of an unknown origin...

Thanks again RC for setting it up:thumb:

Retro
02-27-2014, 05:01 PM

Don't waste your money on Premium. If you know 100% that you want all the DLC, then maybe. But you're basically buying it all way ahead of time without ever knowing what it will be like and if you will ever play it.

I bought it for BF3 and ended up playing only 2 of the map packs (not including Back to Karkand, it was free). You're better off sticking to the vanilla maps and buying the map packs that are popular with the community and still populated a few weeks after release.

Even if you end up buying all the DLC separately, to me it's worth the extra few $$$ as I didn't give EA my money ahead of time and bought the content knowing exactly what I was getting.

Major Stains
02-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks Retro, I was leaning towards that until I saw that 4 MPs have to play together on the same server to qualify for Platoon points.
But even if I had the maps, it doesn't mean I will see 3 other MPs on the same server as the time difference plays a huge part.

I don't think I will buy it.
I think SA is out Monday week, so I might get that on its own.
Glad I got CR free with my preorder now.

Retro
02-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Thanks Retro, I was leaning towards that until I saw that 4 MPs have to play together on the same server to qualify for Platoon points.
But even if I had the maps, it doesn't mean I will see 3 other MPs on the same server as the time difference plays a huge part.

I don't think I will buy it.
I think SA is out Monday week, so I might get that on its own.
Glad I got CR free with my preorder now.

I really enjoy SA, I'm glad I got it. If I had to pay for CR, I would have been disappointed. I'm leaning towards not buying Naval Assault unless I hear people rave about it. But from what I've read so far, it's a no.

donhardeone
02-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I really enjoy SA, I'm glad I got it. If I had to pay for CR, I would have been disappointed. I'm leaning towards not buying Naval Assault unless I hear people rave about it. But from what I've read so far, it's a no.

I like the CR maps for rush, but I'm not a fan in any other game modes (though I play it on Domination occasionally). Second Assault I haven't been able to give another try yet, but everyone seems to love it. Maybe I will too on normal mode

Retro
02-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Personally I actually like the CR maps themselves, but everyone else seems to hate them. So I can only really play them with randoms and well, that's no fun. So it would have been a waste to pay for them when they would really never get played. Sort of like the Close Quarters maps in BF3, I liked them but no one ever wanted to play on them.

=T4NUKI=
02-28-2014, 11:36 PM
I used to play those a lot ! T'was a blast to get some tom fun on those close quarters maps !

TonkaToys
03-03-2014, 09:02 AM
If I'm ever online while you are playing, just shoot me an invite. I'll be happy to play vanilla maps with you. Getting tired of the same four maps over and over and over and over again.

This is exactly what makes Team MP special - if anyone is playing a game they know I have, and they want some company (PS3 or PS4... or Origin / Steam / OnLive / iPad / any other platform I've mentioned in the past), contact me and I'll join if I can.

Same in game, if you are getting whipped and you need some help, send me an invite and I'll try to join the other side so that they start losing. :biggrin:
To be clear, I will be playing my normal game and not trying to spoil / troll your opposition; it is just that I am not that good.

TonkaToys
03-03-2014, 09:05 AM
What is your battlelog ID? i don't think we're friends on there.

Don't forget the Battlelog ID thread

RC-1136
03-03-2014, 11:49 AM
I would like to suggest something so let me know how you feel. I think we should start 2 additional Platoons in addition to the current one. I think the one we have now should be for Team MP members only. The ones who are registered on this site. No friends. This will have the MP tag on it.

I think we should have 2 separate platoons for the XBOX and PS guys and their friends. I think it will be easier to compare stats and what not if we do this. I will create the PS4 platoon and I nominate donhardeone to create the XBOX. What do you guys think?

Major Stains
03-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Sounds ok to me RC...

If you are a member of multiple platoons, if various members from various Platoons all wind up in the same match does everybody get points for each Platoon they are in?

RC-1136
03-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Sounds ok to me RC...

If you are a member of multiple platoons, if various members from various Platoons all wind up in the same match does everybody get points for each Platoon they are in?

I'm not sure. I will have to look that up. I just think we need a platoon for just Team MP members.

donhardeone
03-03-2014, 07:20 PM
So far as I know, if you and the 3+ others you are playing in-game with are all members of multiple platoons together, each of the platoons get points.

As for the separate platoons, if it is about my weak KDR I can work on it so as not to bring the platoon down! :wink:

I'm fine with the having our current group setup as THE [MP] Team MP group that has actual members only, then a separate platoon for each of the platforms (if desired) that could also include those with the honorary title of [FMP] Friends of MP as well. I am fine with starting the XBox one if others are interested in rolling with the idea. Thanks RC!

Not to sound top-down (feel free to virtually backhand me if I sound that way), but what about making site Admins the Founders of the current group and Mods the Leaders. Then each platform can set it up however they see fit so long as at least one admin/mod is in the platform founder/leader group. The main reason I say that is that the admins and mods *should* be active on their platform and they should be aware of who true members are so that we can maintain things similar to how we do it on the other various MP-related things (Facebook, BF4Stats, etc). I'm not saying that people outside of Mod/Admin groups cannot be in the founder and leader roles, just mentioning it since I have an expectation of the other mods and admins to "keep the ship maintained" in their respective areas; so one or more of them should be wanting to serve in one of those roles anyway and active enough in the community to warrant it. Hopefully anyways. Just an idea....

Major Stains
03-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I have an expectation of the other mods and admins to "keep the ship maintained" in their respective areas

I had a dog and it's name was... BINGO

SouthtownSlayer
03-03-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm sure it's just me but it seems like we are really nuking this out. I always thought the platoon would be another place for us to communicate at as well as try as a group to level up. (This is in no directed towards anyone in particular just my observation)

donhardeone
03-04-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm sure it's just me but it seems like we are really nuking this out. I always thought the platoon would be another place for us to communicate at as well as try as a group to level up. (This is in no directed towards anyone in particular just my observation)

I'm offended! Not really. I'm fine with whatever really. I originally though we would need multiple platoons due to sheer numbers, but you guys convinced me otherwise. Given that we only have 30-35 members in the platoon so far, we are obviously not in a rush to create more from that angle. The only immediate need I see needing to be addressed is somethign that hasn't really been discussed here to my knowledge other than in RCs post above: how to handle friends of MPs. The reason I say that is that we all have people that game in our groups on each console regularly who may not be MPs, but we have always been diligent to ensure they don't fly the [MP] tag just because they game with us. If friends of MP join the clan, they get the clan tag...some have already been upset about this.

I see the merits of keeping us all together and of separating it out. I'm not leaning in a particular direction honestly. If the majority want us to create multiple platooons, I will gladly create and help manage the one for the Xbox crew. If people want one to rule them all, I'll do my best to help manage that one as well. If the majority wants me to go shovel the llama pen out...that's what we have purple forum users for!

RC-1136
03-04-2014, 07:46 AM
I'm offended! Not really. I'm fine with whatever really. I originally though we would need multiple platoons due to sheer numbers, but you guys convinced me otherwise. Given that we only have 30-35 members in the platoon so far, we are obviously not in a rush to create more from that angle. The only immediate need I see needing to be addressed is somethign that hasn't really been discussed here to my knowledge other than in RCs post above: how to handle friends of MPs. The reason I say that is that we all have people that game in our groups on each console regularly who may not be MPs, but we have always been diligent to ensure they don't fly the [MP] tag just because they game with us. If friends of MP join the clan, they get the clan tag...some have already been upset about this.

I see the merits of keeping us all together and of separating it out. I'm not leaning in a particular direction honestly. If the majority want us to create multiple platooons, I will gladly create and help manage the one for the Xbox crew. If people want one to rule them all, I'll do my best to help manage that one as well. If the majority wants me to go shovel the llama pen out...that's what we have purple forum users for!

I think you're right Southtown. I might be over thinking this.

Ullrsdog
03-04-2014, 11:08 AM
I would like to suggest something so let me know how you feel. I think we should start 2 additional Platoons in addition to the current one. I think the one we have now should be for Team MP members only. The ones who are registered on this site. No friends. This will have the MP tag on it.

I think we should have 2 separate platoons for the XBOX and PS guys and their friends. I think it will be easier to compare stats and what not if we do this. I will create the PS4 platoon and I nominate donhardeone to create the XBOX. What do you guys think?

I think it's going overboard...I play with snowman as much as I play with madlob...they both are online a couple times a week and when they log in they look to connect with all the usual suspects (RC, Rem, Beeano, Badger, Manning, you get the point if you are one of us...one of us...one of us :focus:

Really I play with friends of MP as much as MP...sure there are nights when there are only legit MP's but I'd say at this point it's rare, and instead that the typical is at least a couple of FMPs in game with us.

SouthtownSlayer
03-04-2014, 11:45 AM
I would recommend the below...

- Eliminate the numerous Leaders / Founders
- Make 1 person from each console a Founder so they can have the power to do what they need to and can represent the players from said console community. (Founder must be active)
- Limit the Leaders to a "set" amount per console (for example 2 per console and ensure members are active)
- I'm for friends of [MP] joining and kinda on the fence on whether they should be allowed to run with the [MP] tag.
- I look at it two ways...
- I can see where some may be upset and feel that if they have helped the platoon reach the current level why shouldn't they be allowed to run with the [MP] tag
- I can also see why some would be upset that actual [MP] members shouldn't be allowed to run with the [MP] tag if they aren't members.
This is why I'm on the fence with this though I still feel it would be nice to have friends of [MP] part of the Battlelog Platoon since they are all great people and fun to squad up with.

Edit: I agree with dog with all his blabbering! What I really want to know is why the F I didn't get included with the list of usual suspects and freaking Remy did!!

Major Stains
03-04-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure who bumped me to a leader on Battlelog, but I'd be more than happy to be removed to thin out the numbers.
As you all know, I'm new to the PS side of the clan and new to Battlefield, so it's best for me not to comment on groupings within the Platoon.

As for non parents running the [MP] tag, I personally feel it is a shame.
It's watering down what we represent as a gaming clan.
Traditionally people had to come through the forum, make introductions, play with MPs and they earned the tag.
Not to mention the fact they had to be a Mama or a Papa.

To have any Joe blogs running around with the tag, representing a clan they care little about, leaves us wide open to abuse of the level of trust that usually takes a while to build up.

But like I say, I'm probably in the minority so don't really worry about these opinions.
The way things are heading in other parts around here I may even be done with clan gaming full stop.

At the end of the day, you guys do what you feel suits the majority.

LandShark
03-04-2014, 01:28 PM
I highly recommend that only true MPs are in platoon, and MPs that frequent the forums be "leaders"

Madlob75
03-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Ok, everyone take a deep breath. This doesn't need to turn into another Facebook deal. Over the course of time, many of us befriended Battlefield players that may or may not be MP eligible. Which is the whole purpose of Battlelog. In that respect, Team MP is a group within a group. Perhaps we should scrap the "official" MP platoon and create an open platoon for each system. That way, those of us that are MP can run that clan tag if we choose. I think that would solve the dilemma.

LandShark
03-04-2014, 01:40 PM
is there controversy? im missing something here

Major Stains
03-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Please don't misinterpret my above post (#74) to be anything associated with what may happen on Battlelog.
I know I sounded negative in it, but that is at my disappointment to how things played out in other areas of the forums yesterday. It by no means reflect my thoughts on the Battlelog.

I see exactly what you all mean about Battlelog, and when several of my 'flesh and blood' friends upgrade to PS4 I will no doubt be keen to have them tag along or visa-versa. The guys I've met through you lot are a fantastic asset to any group, genuine friendly and damn good players. To exclude them would be madness.

Like I say, please don't mistake my negativity for anything more than sadness at another drama played out elsewhere.

Whatever happens on BF4 Battlelog is fine with me...no drama...I'll go with the majority rule.

It am at the point where I just want to enjoy a computer game for what it is.
My real life is hitting a low at the moment, I could do without that creeping in here too.

SouthtownSlayer
03-04-2014, 02:18 PM
is there controversy? im missing something here

I didn't think so, and agree with Madlob / Ullrs. I just posted my ideas based on what I was reading below but to be honest it really doesn't matter to me.
If I made it sound like there was controversy, I apologize and please know that was not my intent.

Whatever works for everyone I'm fine with. :becky:

donhardeone
03-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Does the platoon actually FORCE you to specify a clan tag? If not, that may be the answer.

I am in the group that thinks only MPs should sport the clan tag, as it is a privilege to represent our community. Much like you guys on the PS side, we have a few players several of us game with on a consistent basis who are not MPs. It would be nice to include their stats and such in our platoon since they are definitely friends who participate in games with MPs more than some other MPs even. I can see both sides of the argument for having the paltoon split and/or allowing FMPs in.

Honestly I'm not all that opposed to FMPs being in the platoon, but I would like to limit the use of [MP] clan tag to actual members (that includes purple recruits who have not yet "gone green" in the forums). That is my opinion though. If we can set the platoon to not force the clan tag, that may be the simplest solution...along with some of Southtown's other suggestions about cutting down on the founder/leader lists a bit.

Ullrsdog
03-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Edit: I agree with dog with all his blabbering! What I really want to know is why the F I didn't get included with the list of usual suspects and freaking Remy did!!

HAHAHAHAAA I hit the nail on the head!!! Man I could have added a few more easily but that wouldn't have irritated you. I stand by my usual suspects because you need to much beauty sleep in your old (nearly retired ass) age, so you only game with me on Friday nights IF you didn't drink too many Bodingtons and pass out before everyone joins the game!!!

Ullrsdog
03-04-2014, 02:29 PM
As for non parents running the [MP] tag, I personally feel it is a shame.

I don't think the tag should be run...which can be changed...but the presence in the platoon I think is different. I'm saying the FoMP (Friend of MP) seems perfectly reasonable as a tag, if they really wanted to run it...and then their presence within the platoon which will contribute to our success. Considering some of the FoMP are playing a big roll in wins when there may be only 3 or 4 legit MP's in our group of say 6-7 playing.

Does the platoon actually FORCE you to specify a clan tag? If not, that may be the answer.

if you join the tag and emblem are automatically used by your solider, however both can be changed.

donhardeone
03-04-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't think the tag should be run...which can be changed...but the presence in the platoon I think is different. I'm saying the FoMP (Friend of MP) seems perfectly reasonable as a tag...and then their presence within the platoon which will contribute to our success. Considering some of the FoMP are playing a big roll in wins when there may be only 3 or 4 legit MP's in our group of say 6-7 playing.

Pretty much sums up the sentiments, that I tried to convey in my previous post...just more succinct. I blabber too much. At any rate, what ^he^ said

REMEC87
03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I didn't think so, and agree with Madlob / Ullrs. I just posted my ideas based on what I was reading below but to be honest it really doesn't matter to me.
If I made it sound like there was controversy, I apologize and please know that was not my intent.

Whatever works for everyone I'm fine with. :becky:

So we're all in agreement? The llama is not allow to be in the main battlelog clan or to run the MP patch. Who wants a beer? :P

Ullrsdog
03-05-2014, 08:15 AM
So we're all in agreement? The llama is not allow to be in the main battlelog clan or to run the MP patch. Who wants a beer? :P

I think so...and yes please!!

Madlob75
03-05-2014, 11:48 AM
I want a beer, but all Remec has is Labatt and Molson...and it all costs $10 a six-pack.

TonkaToys
04-09-2014, 11:58 AM
With a new update to Battlefield 4 Platoons, it’s even easier for Platoon members to connect and play together. Read on and learn how to see what server your Platoon members are playing on, plus various other features...
(http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04/bf4-platoons-update/)

Basically you can see what servers your platoon mates are playing on; and the number of players in a platoon increases as your platoon level increases.