Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher 3

Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 781 Posts

The Witcher 3

Didn't see a thread on this game yet, but I heard really good things on the Beyond Podcast. (If there is one - please excuse my ignorance and inability to use search function).

Looks very much like Skyrim to me - which is a good thing IMO.

Wikipedia has some interesting facts/rumors:

- 30 times larger than previous Witcher games
    - 20% larger than Skyrim
    - 100 hours to complete (50 main story/50 side quests)
    - Day and night cycles will impact monster abilities
    - Beard growth when you travel between areas - lol. (Southtown can finally grow a beard!!)

Anyone play the previous two games in the series?

Last edited by Spike Forehand; 04-08-2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: added the Wikipedia facts

Presto Bitch!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

SouthtownSlayer (05-20-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Forehand View Post
    Didn't see a thread on this game yet, but I heard really good things on the Beyond Podcast.

Looks very much like Skyrim to me - which is a good thing IMO.

Anyone play the previous two games in the series?
    Played the second one on 360 and liked it. This one, however, looks absolutely amazing. Like what I wanted DAI to be.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 808 Posts
    Geralt is such a badass! But what's up with the ponytail and beard?
    I put 80+ hours into Witcher on PC. I own the 2nd, but haven't gotten around to it yet. This one looks great, like the developer has learned from and built on the previous games, keeping what worked and improving what wasn't quite right.
    It looks like combat is a little less fiddly that the first one. It was very timing dependent, with an indication of exactly when you needed to swing again to get a combo going. You also had different fighting modes to switch between mid-battle. Heavy, Fast, and something else, each worked better or worse against specific opponents or groups of opponents. It gave combat a lot of depth, but made it a bit challenging to get the hang of. It could use some simplification, but I hope they haven't done away with the complexity entirely, though they probably had to slim it down some to work with the limited buttons of a controller.

The story, characters, and lore went pretty deep as well, and I often actually gave 2 shits about the decisions I was making.

What I really really really hope though, is that there are dialog choices in the new one as great as this:

Thanks
    Another trailer. Really looks great.

Presto Bitch!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Gink (04-12-2015), HardlyCapable13 (04-12-2015)

Thanks

definitely getting this

Another trailer. Really looks great.

I played the 2nd on the PC and loved it. Very excited for this. Just need to get through dragon age, which I'm also really loving.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,536 Posts
    Reviews

Gamespot - 10/10

Full Review

The Witcher 3 is always in a crescendo, crafting battle scenarios that constantly one-up the last, until you reach the explosive finale and recover in the glow of the game's quiet denouement. But while the grand clashes are captivating, it is the moments between conflicts, when you drink with the local clans and bask in a trobairitz's song, that are truly inspiring.
    Destructoid - 8/10

Full Review

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a huge step up from its predecessor, mostly because it manages to tell a more compelling and personal tale. At the same time, that intimate feel is juxtaposed against a gigantic, sprawling open-world adventure that may hit some snags along the way but still comes out on top.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

HardlyCapable13 (05-14-2015), Spike Forehand (05-14-2015)

Thanks
    Gonna pre-order and get the pre-download started this weekend so I can play on Monday night. From Tuesday I'll probably be House of Wolves-ing it for the next bit, with this as my main filler.

Task for this weekend? Finish the Valley of the Yeti's (FC4 DLC) and BF: Hardline Single Player.

Oh - and maybe one more Crota to try to get that elusive Hunter helmet.

Have gaming opportunities ever been better? The quality of all this stuff is amazing.

Presto Bitch!!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Gink (05-14-2015), HardlyCapable13 (05-14-2015), Major Stains (05-18-2015), Retro (05-14-2015)

Thanks
    Broadcasting this on Twitch right now. User name spikeforehand

Presto Bitch!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Gink (05-18-2015), Major Stains (05-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,274 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Broadcasting this on Twitch right now. User name spikeforehand
    I can't see your name on the channel list? http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/twitch.php
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Team MP - "Growing Old Disgracefully "

Thanks
    Well here's my mini review after playing over 3 hrs last night:

I have no idea wtf I'm doing so far in this game, but it is very awesome.

I will post a full review once I get deeper in, but I can see this will be like a 6-9 month part time commitment for me.

Thanks to Madlob and anyone else that was able to connect to my twitch feed. I had 4 masochists watching my ineptness at one point. Sorry Stains that you couldn't find it. I'm a twitch noob.

I made it to the part where you fight the Royal Griffin, got my ass totally kicked twice, and then called it a night. It was recommended that ur at least level 3 for that, and I was only a two so I'll probably do some more side quests before I try that again.

I have no clue yet how weapons/crafting/alchemy work yet- so I still got a lot to learn.

Presto Bitch!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

HardlyCapable13 (05-20-2015), Major Stains (05-19-2015), TonkaToys (05-20-2015)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast