Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts

Team MP PlayStation Communities/ Message Groups

Team MP a closed Community within the Communities section of the PlayStation 4

New members feel free to message myself or one of the Mods on the PS4 to join up.

• Team MP (General Group for Parents) MP ONLY/ CLOSED GROUP

---------------------------------------------------

Team MP has several Message Groups set up to arrange games and share info. They are open to all so please be aware that not everyone within the Message Groups are [MP].

• Battlefield Platoon (Battlefield) OPEN GROUP

• MP Squad (R6:S) OPEN GROUP

• Division Agents (The Division) OPEN GROUP

• Team MP Ghost Recon Wildlands OPEN GROUP

Also note many Message Groups have been started by various members over time under the title of Team MP. These are also open to all and can therefor contain randoms.
    You may wish to turn off 'Message Notifications' if you join any of these groups as they do become very annoying as conversations often take place.
    Last edited by Major Stains; 06-05-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

Bravo6 (09-30-2015), Tha_40oz_killa (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    PlayStation Communities is a new feature as of Upgrade 3.00 (September 30th)

This gives PS users a place to share messages and create chat rooms.
    The features are pretty basic, but it allow a central hub for users of a specified game or interest.

I took the liberty of creating a generic 'Team MP' community which you should hopefully all be invited to join. Please send a request to join if you have somehow been omitted.
    As you can see there are a few options within the group.
    Unfortunately at this time, it does not give an option to assign other Admins or Mods, but this should hopefully follow on, and I will pass those details on.

Further details found here in PlayStation manuals http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...mmunities.html
    Last edited by Major Stains; 06-05-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

Bravo6 (09-30-2015), Gink (09-30-2015), Spike Forehand (09-30-2015)

Thanks
    Spike. Once you are a member of the Team MP Fireteam, I shall transfer ownership over to you.

As it stands, the MP based Communities are still parent only, with new members from the PlayStation being asked to stop by and register on the forums.

*Other MP Communities/ chat rooms have started to include non members (see post below)
    Last edited by Major Stains; 10-02-2015 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    You're the man Stains.

Thanks
    As requested below only one Community will be MP only. New members are welcome to join by registering on the site beforehand.

All other MP gaming communities are open to all.
    Last edited by Major Stains; 10-02-2015 at 07:11 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

Gink (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    IMHO...

MP means Mamas and Papas; so I want that to be the main focus - the main focus not the exclusive focus. Members should be parents and active here - but why exclude friends?

I so rarely get to join you guys in games that I would not want to dissuade people that want to play games with us from having a way to contact, even if they cannot / will not come to the forums.

Feel free to disregard.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

Gink (10-02-2015), Major Stains (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    So this was always going to be a contentious issue, and one to cause possible upset.
    But through creating new Team MP Communities on the PlayStation, the inclusion of non MP friends was always going to be something that would arise.

The Communities I set up are open to all MPs, whether you are active in game/ on mic/ on the Forums, Twitter whatever.
    The only criteria was you had to be a parent gamer, register here on the site, add members to your list, go play games. Simple.
    Just Communities for MPs. Nothing more, nothing less.

But with the creation of MP Communities with some MPs/ some friends of MP, the lines have become a bit blurred.
    Basically it's this-

- Do we have MP Communities open to the World and his Wife? No kids? Doesn't matter! You just know so and so, thats cool.

- Do we have MP Communities for MPs only? Those who want to have a Community with other friends, start their own Community. And chaces are will spend more time interacting with that one, then in the MP one.

- Do we create another Community altogether? Not called Team MP. Encompassing all MPs, friends, friends of friends.

I think you did the right thing getting the communities set up. I'm not sure we needed all those communities set up at once, but understand the desire to get in front of it.

As for others who are not MP's being added, perhaps you should allow anyone to be invited to the individual game communities, but only MP's who have registered here to be added to the overall Team MP community. That way, the individual game communities might give guys who haven't officially joined a taste of MP life and they might be enticed to come here and register and join MP.

I think you should also consider using the overall Team MP community as a good way to communicate to all MP's at once - assuming there is some kind of messaging function. Maybe we can entice people back to the forums by "advertising" what's being discussed over here occasionally.

Thanks for the invite to admin the MP Fireteam community. Will be happy to as long as non-MP's can be added. Would prefer not to if it's limited to just MP's as there are several guys I frequently play Destiny with who are not MP.

Regardless, at the end of the day if they stay as they are I don't think communities on PS4 is going to be a big deal unless they make it more relevant to my gaming experience. From what I saw from logging in and joining, it didn't really seem to have much in the way of functionality yet aside from the wall for posting messages so it may get little to no use anyway.

I'll probably have more opinions on it after I splash around in it a little.

Presto Bitch!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Gink (10-02-2015), Major Stains (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    (Especially as you are probably travel weary Spike)

If you think that would be the consensus of the majority, then I will go with the following as you mentioned.

Team MP (general group, closed on invite only once registered here)
    All other gaming communities, open to all and sundry...

I have tried to transfer ownership on several Communities, but the feature is currently broken. I shall do so when it is working.
    The owners will be...

Spike-Destiny
    Sheepdog-Battlefield
    Bravo6-R6:S

And others if anyone else wants in just ask.

EpicCal has agreed to lead a Rocket League Community, as he has a good presence on the game which could possibly attract more parent gamers over.

Let us know if this all sounds okay?

Known bugs in Communities

• Feature to transfer ownership currently missing
    • Automatically spams multiple invites to friends/ members
    • Fails to send invites to some members
    • Members missing from lists
    • Duplicating members

* If any of the above has affected you, or you know someone who has not been invited, please give us a shout. Thanks
    Last edited by Major Stains; 10-03-2015 at 04:37 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

Bravo6 (10-03-2015), Gink (10-02-2015), TonkaToys (10-05-2015)

Thanks
    Spike has started a Division Community.

The Battlefront Community got accidentaly deleted by Badger I think!
    Does anyone fancy starting one up as it is sometimes useful for sharing times etc.

PS, the latest updates still don't allow me to transfer ownership of the Destiny Community etc. I will do it as soon as it allows me.
    Last edited by Major Stains; 01-25-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks
    Just a quick reminder to say that the Team MP Community is a closed group for members of this community only.

A few randoms that are not registered here on the site that have been added will be welcome to join up here first but will be removed from the Community list until they do.

Sorry if it seems petty, its just easier to keep one community pure thoroughbred gaming Ninjas like what we iz! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

All other MP Game Communities are open to all and you are welcome to invite who you want to.
    Just be aware that if you squad up with people from that particular game community they may not be [MP].
    I know it doesn't mean much, but if you happen to join a ten year old squeaky-foul mouthed dbag using a lag switch thinking you were joining a [MP] that has signed up to our Code of Conduct. Then you might get a surprise!
    Just sayin'

Also a side note, not every Message room set up on the PS4 that has the title Team MP is related to this place. Randoms can and do invite a few members in and assume a MP title.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

Gink (03-06-2016)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast