Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 781 Posts
    Sony definitely came hard with VR, dedicating a good 10 minutes in the middle of the presentation to 5 new PSVR titles. This definitely turned around my pessimism and showed that Sony is still pushing the platform.

For me, the highlight was definitely the announcement of Skyrim VR - which was totally unexpected after the bad news that Fallout VR would not be supported on PSVR, just on Vive. Am I going to give Bethesda money for Skyrim for a third time? Fuck yeah I am. They have said it will be the full game + all DLC in VR.

My theory is that the reason they can do this for Skyrim but not FO4 is that they still have the PS3 version available so that they don't have to down-rez the graphics to be a better match for the lower resolution of PSVR, and that just wasn't do-able for FO4.

Also in the presentation was Bravo Team - a nice looking first person tactical shooter - not a lot of details about it yet. Will undoubtedly have Aim support.

The Inpatient appears to be another psycho/horror game set in a mental hospital. No surprise after the VR success of RE7.

Moss looks like a very pretty 3D dungeon crawler/puzzle game (I think) where you play as a small rabbit. I wouldn't normally be interested, but with how well "Robots Rescue" was delivered in the Playroom VR I can see this working great.

Lastly, Star Child was some kind of space/sci-fi game with giant robots that fight both for and against your character - a much smaller human female.

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post

Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality on the XB is probably being driven by MS' Hololens development, which seems to be on hold until 2019 now.
    I forgot all about that Hololens thing. I remember that awkward demo they did with Minecraft. Surprised Phil Spencer didn't mention it in that interview I posted. Maybe MS is thinking that'll be better for industrial/business applications.

I buy packaging equipment for the company I work at, and some equipment manufacturers are developing training and troubleshooting capability on equipment via Hololens/google Glass type "augmented reality" glasses.

Presto Bitch!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

TonkaToys (06-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,537 Posts
    You might like this one Spike.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

Spike Forehand (06-15-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    You might like this one Spike.
    I've always been a pretty shitty pilot in BF games, but that looks pretty cool and if it's SP I may get it. Seems like a natural fit for PSVR, and they have the cockpit and HUD to keep you from puking.

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    Good write-up about the upcoming holiday 2017 PSVR release"Moss", that is apparently the creation of some guys who left Bungie and Rockstar:

Ex-Bungie developers crafted the most promising VR adventure yet

Even without playing the game, you can tell this isn't their first rodeo. The developers abandoned the hallowed halls of Bungie and Rockstar to make an independent VR game of their own. And after spending a few minutes with Moss at E3, it's clear they weren't just wasting time. The game simply looks and feels incredible, and it's quickly become my most anticipated VR title this year.

Moss harkens back to classic adventure games, like The Legend of Zelda and The Secret of Mana, except instead of staring at a flat screen, you're looking at the world in a third-person view in VR. Quill controls like a dream with the Dual Shock 4, with fluid animation and a great overall feel during combat and platforming. She also has a personality: She'll point you in the direction you need to go, give you hints during a puzzle, or simply act mouse-like while idle.

Presto Bitch!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Gink (06-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 994 Posts
    I had very little interest in even looking at the videos for that game until you posted it Spike, now I think it looks really good.

That'll be on my list if I ever get a PSVR
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks
    Kind off a hype article, as many are on the PS Blog, but some interesting info about how the controls work.

I will definitely going full-on magic in Skyrim VR as the ability to throw spells with either hand using the move controllers sounds bad-ass and much better/less annoying than slashing motions or trying to get the arrow-shooting correct.

Skyrim for PSVR Is A Frighteningly Empowering Experience

Perhaps the most exciting moments I experienced during my short time with Skyrim VR were those when I was able to dual-wield a spell in each hand. Full, independent control of each hand meant that I could equip dual fire spells and rain superheated justice upon any foes unlucky enough to exist within my line of sight. “You learn a lot about a person when you watch them play this,” the Bethesda rep manning the demo remarked as he watched me mercilessly torch entire encampments.

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    I never had the time when Skyrim was first released. Tempted to get into his version.

Although, this looks interesting as well:

https://youtu.be/Ea32jf8hUyM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by padz6545 View Post
    I never had the time when Skyrim was first released. Tempted to get into his version.

Although, this looks interesting as well:

https://youtu.be/Ea32jf8hUyM
    Sweet!! I hadn't seen that before. Reminds me of the Arkham VR. Looks like it's tied into the movie, perhaps we can hope for it to be free?

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    It is free. Which means it will be super quick, about 1hr gameplay I reckon.
    Definitely worth a watch though before you head out to the cinema.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast