Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 788 Posts
    PSVR Exclusive Golem Now Set For Early 2018 Launch

Developed by indie studio Highwire, Golem stars a young girl that discovers an ability to control stone creatures and explore the world beyond the confines of her bedroom. The game uses a single PlayStation Move controller to allow players to navigate the world and take part in massive sword battles. Highwire is comprised of former members of Halo developer Bungie, so we’ve got high hopes for the game.

Presto Bitch!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

padz6545 (10-16-2017)

Thanks
    Holy shit does this look really good and perfect for PSVR.

Audio-Based Stealth Thriller Stifled Gets PSVR Release Date

In Stifled the world around you is pitch black. You illuminate the path in front of you by making sounds detected by PSVR’s microphone. Make too much noise, though, and you’ll also alert enemies to your position. It’s played with a DualShock 4 and also supports a non-VR mode. Check out the trailer below.

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    That's putting Alien Isolation together with Hellblade. That'll freak some people right out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,020 Posts
    Shame they've stopped selling the VR headset separate from the camera... I've already got the camera, I don't need another.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks

Presto Bitch!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

TonkaToys (11-07-2017)

Thanks
    Quick Review of Skyrim VR:

OK - So I've now played through the Bleak Falls Barrow/Golden Claw mission, and have had run-ins with a variety of wildlife/bandits/draugrs/pissed off villagers/chickens/foxes/bears and can say this game is really a pretty damn cool way to revisit a world I'm already familiar with in a whole new exciting way. I played a solid 4 hours - which is a really long time for me to play a VR game - and really enjoyed it.

Someone on Reddit had an interesting observation. They said that if we are in the 8-bit era of VR, then Skyrim VR is the Legend of Zelda.

I'm not going that far because of some of it's limitations, but I'm giving it a solid 8 out of 10. I highly recommend this experience to fans of Skyrim and PSVR owners.

Positive Observations:

- The immersion into the world is fantastic. I stood in awe for a few seconds at the smoke coming out of the forge in Riverwood and floating above me through the village. When you creep through Bleak Falls barrow it really is intense, and when a draugr comes running at you - he really comes running at you. The scale of everything is really huge. The enemies feel bigger and scarier, the world is gigantic, and standing on the edge of a cliff gives me legit butterflies. One guy on Reddit actually went to bed with the headset on laying down by a waterfall and slept there last night. Weird, but in a way I understand.

- Blasting magic out of your hands using the MOVE controllers feels really natural and works really well. It's awesome to toast a charging draugr, and then to cast a healing spell that actually surrounds you. I haven't tried dual-casting yet, but apparently you can blast enemies out of each hand independently in different directions - which is something you can't do with the DS.

- Archery with the Move controllers at first feels really hard, but once you start to get used to it is pretty cool. I think Archery in the other version of the game is OP - with the Move controllers it becomes much more realistic. You have to notch an arrow, pull back on the bow string while holding, aim, and let go to shoot. (I use it to initiate contact with enemies that haven't seen me yet, but then switch to destruction spell in left hand and a mace in my right as I am going with a Breton Battle Mage build initially.)

- Completing this game in VR will be a massive undertaking and probably take a good 2-3 years for me. And I'm OK with that.

- You don't have to play with the Move controllers, and can instead choose to play like you normally would with the Dual Shocks. I haven't tried this yet, as I just love the way the magic works with the move controllers. However, it will be easier as you don't have to sit up and ensure the move controllers stay in line of site the with cameras all the time - which is a little bit tiring on the back.

Negative Observations:

- Movement is awkward with the Move controllers and really takes some time to get used to. It will never be as smooth as moving with the DS controller. Most notably, there is no way to back up - you have to click the turn button and then move, then turn again. This doesn't work well when in combat with a rushing enemy. In Skyrim, you often end up circle strafing an enemy that rushes you. Impossible with the Move controllers as they are set up. As a result, playing with the Move controllers requires a lower difficulty level setting. I'm playing as Adept (3rd easiest out of 6 settings), and even there I believe I may end up turning the difficulty down once I get a little farther in the game. (I can imagine it taking me about 10000 tries to kill that first dragon with my underpowered CQB battle mage build.) However - as I said above you can always just play like normal with the dual shocks and I will try that.

- As a result of the movement issues, it will take a much longer time to get through missions and stuff, and because I don't usually play more than a couple of hours at a time in VR it will be slow going to play this with the Move controllers all the way.

- Once again, Bethesda has fucked up the surround sound in this game. Playing in my home theater with a 7.1 speaker set-up, it is only giving sound through front left and right speakers - so basically 2.0. Except that it still seems to be sending the sound to the center channel so as a result when an NPC is directly in front of me speaking you can't hear him unless you turn slightly to left or right so that his voice comes out of the left or right speakers. As a result, I am playing with a headset which seems to give fairly standard 2.0 stereo sound. There is nothing in the setting menu to change it at all, so I think Bethesda just said fuck it - leave it as stereo sound, not realizing that that would screw up when people were using surround sound set-ups. They probably figured most people would use the PSVR with a headset - which is probably true. Not sure if they will fix with a patch, or they will just ignore it like they did the sound problems with Skyrim Remastered.

- Compared to the Remastered version, definitely a big step back in graphic fidelity which gives a pang of disappointment when you first enter the world and in some of the familiar scenes. However, this is definitely offset by the intense immersion you feel. I have both on my PS4, so am basically given a choice right now between playing in VR with my Level 4 Battle Mage who hasn't even visited White Run yet, or my much further advanced sneaky archer Khajit build with all the shouts and stuff in Remastered. Never say never, but I can't see me re-loading the Remastered version when I can actually be IN Skyrim. For a PSVR game, it's not as pretty as Batman or RE7, but at least it doesn't at all cause me any discomfort at all despite the movements you make - meaning they are getting really high framerates as delivered.

- No way to see your character as it's all in first person perspective. Should at least put your image on a loadout screen or something.

Presto Bitch!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

TonkaToys (4 Weeks Ago), tthfry (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,020 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Forehand View Post
    Quick Review of Skyrim VR
    Wow that sounds awesome. Thanks for the review
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22