Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,545 Posts

The Division: Agent Stories

You know what to do.

****OPENS MARCH 8th 2016****

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (01-25-2016)

Thanks
    I got to play for about an hour this evening. I made it to Manhattan then had to quit. I still haven't found the rewards vendor to get my free goodies. Any hints as to his whereabouts?

In the main mission in the prologue I tested the matchmaking and it worked great. I probably could have done normal difficulty alone, but I wanted to try hard difficulty for the better loot, so I decided not to go it alone. I tried the quick matchmaking and it only took a few seconds to match me with two other players at my level.

I don't know if I was the only one with the mic or if voice chat is disabled by default, but I was the only one speaking in the group. I know from Destiny that radio silence in random parties is the norm, though. I kept talking and calling out enemies just in case they could hear me anyway.

Each of us was incapacitated several times but we managed to keep reviving. There is no way I could have made it through alone. At one point near the end of the mission something happened to our instance and I basically lagged out. No one was moving but I, and the final boss was just shooting non-stop. After about thirty seconds of that the game announced that someone left the party, and the game immediately snapped back to normal.

The remaining two of us finished off the boss and completed the mission.

Random thoughts:

-- Am I the only one not sprinting or fast traveling yet? I'm just taking my time soaking up the scenery. At one point I wanted to take a screenshot but I couldn't remember how on the XBO.
    -- The character customization is so disappointing.
    -- Other than the mid-mission lag-out I didn't have any disconnects or server-related problems in my short session.
    -- The sound design is as gorgeous as the visuals.
    -- I'm impressed by the way that the city, or what's left of it, seems alive. People are interacting and things seem to be happening independent of my presence.

Longevity is still in doubt but right now I'm pretty impressed.
    Last edited by JockoPablo; 03-08-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: correcting typos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,545 Posts
    I'm guessing people are mic'd up but are in XBL party's (or PSN party's).

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Above all else, I love this game for nothing more than the amazing job that they have done in recreating a beautifully beat up New York City. The backdrops are superb, the snowflakes, the trash blowing around, the noises, distant gunfire, dogs. It's just great.

I managed to get through the Precinct third time lucky after several crashes sent me back to the main menu, which was mildly frustrating.
    Then I joined up with Graybeard, Coach and their buddy for a great time opening up the tech wing.
    Matchmaking is superb, you can stick together, wander off to look around, start your own thing and people can catch up with fast travel, if they have been too busy shopping for new hats and boots.

I'll be the first to admit that I find this kind of game overwhelming, and hope I don't get too sick and tired of the constant upgrading. But for now it is intuitive and each little tweak and upgrade feels like you are building something useful for the hard times to come.

I could have played all night, but this is a marathon not a sprint, so I need to learn how to pace myself. Look forward to tomorrow.

@ Jocko, I couldn't find my free stuff, and read somewhere that Ubisoft is trying to fix an issue with the preorder Hazmat kit etc.

I look forward to getting back in there.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,028 Posts
    As the game came for free on this fancy new laptop I bought, I thought I'd have a quick game whilst watching the telly with the missus. Ended up playing for 5 hours, and finally getting to bed at 3am.

I didn't try joining up with other MPs as I am still getting used to using Keyboard & Mouse; I have a tendency to leave cover and stand-up unexpectedly

I notice that the last bit of the rescue the medic mission seemed much harder than in the beta; what did you guys think? Or maybe it is my keyboard and mouse skillzzzzz. Perhaps I shouldn't use the mouse on a cushion?

Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    I got to play for about an hour this evening. I made it to Manhattan then had to quit. I still haven't found the rewards vendor to get my free goodies. Any hints as to his whereabouts?
    If you have arrived in Manhattan and have set up the FOB, then you should find him on the ground floor between the medic bay and the back of the security area, underneath the stairs that lead up to the tech area. At least that is what I think you are asking for

Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    -- The character customization is so disappointing.

Longevity is still in doubt but right now I'm pretty impressed.
    I was expecting more options on the customisation too - still doesn't matter when I'm looking at everything else anyway.

There is a rumour that there may be a raid soon...

Last edited by TonkaToys; 03-09-2016 at 06:19 AM.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Great times last night with Coach (briefly) and then with RC, Johnny H, and a couple of the other "Intervention" boys.

I got through 3 of the 4 main missions - Madison Square Garden, Lincoln Tunnel and I think the third was Hudson River(?) or something. MSG and Lincoln Tunnel were pretty easy/straightforward, but the Hudson River one - which was recommended for minimum Level 7 - was really tough with most of us being 5's, and 6's. Still, with a couple of "Restart at Last Checkpoints" we were able to get through it, but it probably took over an hour.

One tip on the Hudson River One - look for "second floor" areas up single stair cases that give good cover across the area where the NPC's come through and get your whole team up there. You can shoot down on the enemies from up high and have good "non-flankable" cover. Generally we found that if/when they do come up the stairs they will come one at a time and as long as someone calls them out we can have everyone focus fire on them and take them down very quick. Be conservative with your ammo cause there will not be a box up there and to try to get back to the supply crate is suicide. Having a carbine came in real handy cause they seem to be a little better on ammo and do high damage with less wasted shots.

Loving the game so far - no complaints whatsoever from me. The world seems so much more alive than it was in the beta - really cool. We even got bum-rushed by a gang of NPC's when we were just standing on the street in front of the base waiting for the team to all come out.

Made it to Level 7 - totally looking forward to more.

Presto Bitch!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Andelaine (03-09-2016), Major Stains (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    I played this game for about 3 hours last night alone, with randoms, and then with some long time friends and I loved it. The game has so much more depth than the beta did. The graphics are amazing. The 3rd person shooting mechanics are very smooth. I just have to remember to hit O instead of X to bound over cover. I love the depth of weapon and character customization. This game is going to be fun.

My only complaint is that the load times are a little long. Oh and that woman who got blown up with you (I think her name is Lao) is so annoying.

In my opinion the beta was a poor representation of the game. I almost didn't buy it because my experience with it wasn't great, but I'm so glad I did.
    LEEROOOOOOOOY JENKINS!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RC-1136 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Some screenies I took last night while admiring the scenery:

My guy looks more like Seth Green than he does me, but oh well.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-09-2016), Retro (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Did soloing at level 10 in the Dark Zone. It IS possible, I didn't run into any rogues, but I did have trouble with the npcs, but I did get some loot out.
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Scottgun00 For This Useful Post:

Andelaine (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,028 Posts
    Google "The Division queue simulator" (line simulator in the States) - I saw loads of people waiting patiently for access to the registration laptop last night. I had just completed a mission, so luckily didn't need to join - but being British, I joined it anyway for a laugh. That lasted about 2 minutes whilst I showed my wife, who is now interested in the game as I said it involved finding new clothes and standing in line.

"We can imagine that Ubisoft hoped people would be waiting in line for Tom Clancy’s The Division, but this probably wasn’t what they had in mind."

Click for article.

(Not my image, as I forgot to save the one I took.)
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

Borlaxx (03-09-2016), GRRowl74 (03-12-2016), Helmethead1031 (03-09-2016), Major Stains (03-09-2016)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast