Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Last night I got to play for another hour or so. I saw a few MPers on the map but they were all several levels ahead of me and/or in zones I hadn't uncovered yet so I didn't join. I decided to do my first real mission to open a wing, so I headed to the security zone mission and tried matchmaking again with difficulty set to hard.

I wound up with two very friendly and helpful guys who both had mics. That made the mission experience so much more fun. One of the guys claimed to have finished the game already with another character. He definitely knew what he was doing because after the mission he led us around showing us a few hidden things. While that was cool I'd much rather take my time and discover them myself.

He also taught me a few things about the game, specifically about using consumables and the "missing agent" clues.

I also crafted my first weapon -- a carbine for my secondary slot to help with long range encounters. That was just before I logged so I haven't tried it yet.

I ran into a few glitches last night as well. Once during the main mission I had a complete game freeze. The funny thing is I could still chat with my teammates. I had to quite the game and restart. What was great, though, was that when I logged back in it put me right back with my team in the middle of the mission, so I was able to complete it.

The other glitch happened when I was exploring an apartment building. In one room I found two cabinets that had the "(X) Open" display by them, but I couldn't open either of them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-10-2016)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Had some fun games with Aikido and Graybeard last night.

I joined them as they were heading into the Refugee mission which was pretty fun. Then we tracked across town to try the Napalm Factory mission, which took the three of us several attempts as some of those flame-throwing maniacs are quite tough to take down.

Thanks for the games gents...

Last edited by Major Stains; 03-10-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks

Cool Mission Madison Field Hospital

Playing some The Division on Lunch Day for a couple hours. This Mission Completed with Randoms Agents. (I Grouping Up before The Mission). Enjoy.

Thanks
    My first time into the DZ was awesome! I made out like a bandit in dz credits exp and Phx credits. Solo is doable but a group of 4 just mows stuff down! I got my first high end drop a bag. And with everything else I was able to craft a high end side arm and the liberator assault rifle.

Thanks
    Thanks to all the MPs that sent out invites last night.
    Really sorry I didn't team up as I was on a lone wolf mission to find the hotel I stayed at a few years back on 47th/7th.
    I found it, but there was a bunch a naer-do-wells hanging out there. So I got a little distracted on my way there.

Hopefully get to join you all this weekend.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Really enjoyed completing side missions and upgrading the tech, medical, and security wings. Only level 11 so far and I'm enjoying it. I also experienced the rush shot gunners for the first time last night. I heard they are hell when you get to level 30.

Thanks
    Tried the Dark Zone last night and hated it. There were 4 a-holes who were rogue just mowing us down when we spawned in through the gate. It was ridiculous. I love the missions, the Dark Zone right now is a huge Cluster F. We couldn't even get off the main road.
    LEEROOOOOOOOY JENKINS!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RC-1136 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    That was my big worry when I read a few months back this new feature.
    The community still speaks slightly positive in general about the DZ...describing it as 'intense'.
    But I fear that as time progress, only the one's with a high light level and exotics will enjoy it. DZ might become a frustration place. I am still only 8 while my friend is already 27. And I have seen 30ties with purple gear ?@#$. Encountering those will be nightmare. Might need to see how matchmaking can deal with this.
    This weekend I am going to give DZ a try...its recommended to do it with friends...

I like this simple article trying to compare Destiny vs Division. Its spot on http://planetdestiny.com/the-division-mixed/
    - Gunplay better in Destiny (I tend to like 1st person over 3rd person)
    - Gun customization much better in Division
    - Competitive PvP better in Destiny (trials, skirmish,...). DZ is not really competitive
    - Story in Division comes with a breath of fresh air to the Destiny community

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cmore24 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (03-11-2016)

Thanks
    I want to try the DZ someday but not alone. If I go solo it won't be until I hit 30.

Quote Originally Posted by cmore24 View Post
    I like this simple article trying to compare Destiny vs Division.
    I would agree with the points you list, but I would also add that Division has great matchmaking, while Destiny still has no matchmaking system at all, inexplicably.

Thanks
    Had my first proper go in the DZ last night with Graybeard and Mechatool.
    We were lucky and didn't encounter any dbag rogues, but I found the AI pretty relentless with my lowly level 10 guy.
    Did manage to extract a few blue hats and some trendy boots to match!

I'm still not used to half of the controls though. Always seem to forget 'right on the d pad' to use all those lotions and potions during a fight. Bet they're pretty useful too!

Should be able to mic up later, although I think I bought a cheap lead as the wireless combo hums loudly and the new lead to the DS4 crackles when I knock it. So sorry in advance for those that endure any white noise.

Hope to see you out there.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast