Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanfall 2

Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 Times in 1,493 Posts

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Now that this is multiplatform ....bye bye CoD.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Agreed. So glad its coming to PS4 as well. I'm not interested in the campaign at all though.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Titanfall was a blast solo or with friends. The campaign was a waste of resources IMO. Curious to see more on this, but hard to imagine this one won't be a pre-order for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,216 Posts
    Might pick this up early next year after I spent some quality time in BF1.

Thanks
    If anyone is playing the beta tonight I'm down to squad up!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,047 Posts
    My initial reaction from 6 matches: only a fraction of titans per match compared to original game. Huge let down for me. I loved the chaos of the original games with titans and pilots running around. Seems you rarely even see a titan in this one. This is the number 1 reason I'm skipping the game upon release unless it changes. I'm playing TITANfall, not CoD.

No more burn cards; again, huge disappointment.

Haven't seen the new mode yet or got into customizing, but I'm extremely let down. Also, as Retro pointed out, movement seems much slower than the first.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyCapable13 For This Useful Post:

donhardeone (08-23-2016), Major Stains (08-19-2016)

Thanks
    Loving it so far.

Player movement is slower, but that is something that can be tuned so I'm not worried.

Love the addition of the grappling hook, opens up the maps and allows for more creative traversal and kills.

Unlike HC I prefer the new way of getting a titan, you have to earn it. Earning it is not really hard and can actually open up to getting more titans if you play the objective. In the first game you got a new titan 3 minutes into a game (or 3 minutes after your titan was destroyed, this could be shortened with a burn card). In most TF1 games you would only get your titan 2 maybe 3 times per match (matches are maxed at 10 minutes). I've found this to be the same in TF2 if you play the objectives. Capture a flag in hardpoint and then stick to it to amp the flag and get bonus points for a faster titan unlock.

Gunplay feels solid again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

donhardeone (08-23-2016), Major Stains (08-19-2016)

Thanks
    Have to agree with you on this one HC....I honestly felt like I was playing CoD! I really do hope it changes seeing as how I really really enjoyed the first one!

Would ya like some biscuits?
    "Hurry to meet death, before your place is taken"

Thanks
    I don't get how you guys can say the game is both "slower" and "COD" at the same time. TF was a slightly slower pace than COD series, so if it got even slower, how does that make it more like COD? Not saying you're wrong, just trying to understand your perspective here.

The only mode I have been able to get into is the new bounty hunter mode. Every time I tried PvP or Hardpoint, it never can find a game for me. Bounty hunter is an absolute blast. The gameplay feels very much like TF1 to me, but more refined. I like the changes to the pilot movement, unlocks, and aside from the sniper rifle the guns seem fairly well balanced...glad to see the CAR got a bit of a nerf from TF1 to TF2.

I'm with Retro on the titans. If I play lonewolf and just go seeking out pilots, it took FOREVER to unlock titans. If I PTFOed and worked with my team, I easily got 3-4 titans per match. TF2 looks to be more concerned with players working together and/or playing objectives. So if anything, I see this game more in-line with the recent Battlefield titles than COD.

The titans themselves, I HATE the two primary weapons for the two you can play with. Maybe more of a personal preference, but I just don't like them. I have better luck punching enemies than I do shooting them with those weapons. Two teamed up titans are lethal, but when you have three titans together, they are nigh impossible to bring down. As for taking down titans, the charge rifle is awesome (though maybe OPed when compared to the other options).

Overall, I really like what I see in TF2 alpha. I'd like to try the other game modes, and I'd really like to play with some MPs the next weekend it opens up to test.

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast