Thanks

Amazon raises free shipping minimum

It went from $35 to $49. Obviously they're trying to nudge people toward Prime.

http://twocents.lifehacker.com/amazo...-49-1760476039

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

donhardeone (02-22-2016), Major Stains (02-22-2016)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    As long as they don't change their current preorder policy.
    Still pretty good that you can preorder as soon as they put it online, pay the lowest price it ever becomes between preorder date and release date. Get any preorder beta codes they may be pushing out, and still have the option to cancel before it ships.
    Not too bad if you ask me.

And its pretty easy to boost those pesky Amazon orders up a further $13 if you need to cover the postage (eg batteries for kids toys, ink cartridges, perpetual Birthday gifts etc the list goes on). Curse you Amazon and your addictive approach to lazy ass shopping.

I'm currently on another Prime trial, but theres no way I'd keep it as the benefits don't line up for me (the Prime TV selection looked poor to me)
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    I'm currently on another Prime trial, but theres no way I'd keep it as the benefits don't line up for me (the Prime TV selection looked poor to me)
    I let my Prime expire last November for the first time in years. Like you I don't think it's worth $100. And yes, the Prime Video selection is on the weak side. Most of the movie titles resemble a Wal-mart DVD bargain bin. But last month they put it on sale for a day so I nabbed it. I'll probably let it expire again next year and wait for another sale.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,543 Posts
    Still $25 here

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    As long as they don't change their current preorder policy.
    Still pretty good that you can preorder as soon as they put it online, pay the lowest price it ever becomes between preorder date and release date. Get any preorder beta codes they may be pushing out, and still have the option to cancel before it ships.
    Not too bad if you ask me.

And its pretty easy to boost those pesky Amazon orders up a further $13 if you need to cover the postage (eg batteries for kids toys, ink cartridges, perpetual Birthday gifts etc the list goes on). Curse you Amazon and your addictive approach to lazy ass shopping.

I also tried two trials for Prime but definitely not worth it for me. Rarely watch movies and still have to struggle with the app installation if you don't have an Amazon brand phone/tablet. Had to download the APK file if I remember correctly because it is not on the google playstore. The music was not too bad though.