Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

PS4K Neo

I've preordered the pro. Now, I don't know if it's just my usual impatient self, the price, or the fact that they couldn't bloody launch the darn things simultaneouly, nooo - had to have like two months in between!

But I'm thinkin' - why don't I just go for a slim instead? It's:
    - cheaper
    - slimmer (duh!) fits for travel.
    Might be nice if I want to take it with me on trips for work.
    - It's almost here! It launches like - what? it launched already!
    - and it's cheaper too, did I mention that?
    - and I don't own a 4k HDR TV, and don't have the money to buy one OR a VR set any time soon, certainly not if I spend all my savings on the pro.

So, am I looking at the sensible choice on the slim here, guys? Or is it just impatience?

EDIT. I have one thing though, so far - the slim has only come in 500 gb versions. I really had my mind set on 1 tb
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 09-17-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks
    Honestly its a no buy for me. Unless you have 4ktv there is no reason to purchase it. All it is...is a graphics upgrade and ts not native 4k. Also it does not support 4k disks and I don't care for VR. What sucks about the slim is there is no optical port (if you wanna use really good headphones)...other than that.. there the same. HDR will be supported through all the machines eventually. Ill just wait until the next system launches ..and I would guess that will be in the next few years. I don't plan on buying a 4k tv this year either. 1000-1500 bucks for a decent 4k tv...(the ones with HDR are still expensive) then another 400 on a system. Nnnaaa I''m good.

Thanks
    So, am I looking at the sensible choice on the slim here, guys? Or is it just impatience?

slim!
    Last edited by AK-Muhly7; 09-17-2016 at 06:33 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AK-Muhly7 For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-18-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,058 Posts
    No optical port? Why would they get rid of that?
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyCapable13 View Post
    No optical port? Why would they get rid of that?
    Some people said costs...but optical ports are cheap. I think Sony wants to push people to buy their headphones. That would be my guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-Muhly7 View Post
    Some people said costs...but optical ports are cheap. I think Sony wants to push people to buy their headphones. That would be my guess.
    Wow. Not cool.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-Muhly7 View Post
    slim!
    Thanks for the input, Mofo. I think I'm probably gonna go for the slim - see if I can find it in the 1tb version first.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    I bought a slim 500GB for the bedroom for 250. I only play 2 multiplayer and one single player game at a time so space is not much of a problem for me. Digital games are added to my library for future download when deleting a completed game to free up space. I upgraded my broadband to fibre as well so downloading is super fast, no problems downloading a game again if needed or popping in the disc again. I can always upgrade the HDD in future if needed. In regards to the optical port, I don't use it so no loss there.

The slim is quiet but I have not tried playing a game with a disc yet, otherwise it is super quiet. Biggest plus for me is that I can now play multiplayer with my son with one PS+ sub and only one digital copy of the game. Only minor problem is that since my son does not have PS+ he can only launch the game from one console so we either sit in the house with headsets on or we just stream one console via PC if we need to sit in the same room so again, very minor problem. The console activated in my name with my digital content is locked for him so if he wants to use my content he will always have to use the console activated in his name if that makes sense. The new light on the touch pad of the controller is a nice touch and it now has physical buttons on the console instead of the touch sensitive ones on the old model.
    Last edited by DeadChaos; 09-18-2016 at 08:27 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-18-2016)

Thanks

PS4K Pro/ PS4 Slim

Thanks, DC! I actually ended up ordering the 1 tb slim version. I tend to worry about space, and I suspect I'll be downloading more games than I buy physical copies in the future, and this video sharing thing is kind of growing on me - so more room makes sense.

Prices are a bit higher here with taxes. Leave it to Norway to make expensive things more expensive. Can't figure out why the price difference between the Pro and the Slim 1 tb model seems so small, though - only approx 500 NOK, which is like 64 dollars or 48 pounds. It's money, alright, but I was expecting the gap to be a bit bigger. From the 500 gb Slim to the Pro the difference is twice that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    Biggest plus for me is that I can now play multiplayer with my son with one PS+ sub and only one digital copy of the game.
    I'm looking forward to being able to play games with my eldest(besides getting destroyed in Fifa, that is) I may even convince him to try R6, he says. A bit shy to play MP coop by himself, at least with a mic. Not too strong in english yet, either. But DC - how can you play the same game together with only one copy and one PS+?
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 09-18-2016 at 09:56 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

AK-Muhly7 (09-18-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Check out this video.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-28-2016), GRRowl74 (09-18-2016)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast