Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

PS4K Pro/ PS4 Slim

Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    Check out this video.

Thanks, I think I got it now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (09-18-2016)

Thanks
    1 tb Slim in the mail, this Friday will be a good one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (09-20-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Nice!
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks

PS4K Pro/ PS4 Slim

And here was I, happy as a camper can be, in the post office to pick up my Slim. Of course, I could have checked the release date, and then I'd know that the 1tb doesn't come out until the 29th. Still, why send this huge box with just the extra controller in it. I mean, you'd think somewhere in that automated system of robots for picking and robots for packing there should be a robot for thinking as well. Like thinking: Would this costumer like his gaming console at the same time as his extra controller, or does he want to sit with said controller in his hand for a week, staring at the blank screen, waiting for the damn console to arrive. Something like that. Or whatever. No games for me this weekend then. Mope.

Last edited by GRRowl74; 09-23-2016 at 12:30 PM.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRowl74 View Post
    And here was I, happy as a camper can be, in the post office to pick up my Slim. Of course, I could have checked the release date, and then I'd know that the 1tb doesn't come out until the 29th. Still, why send this huge box with just the extra controller in it. I mean, you'd think somewhere in that automated system of robots for picking and robots for packing there should be a robot for thinking as well. Like thinking: Would this costumer like his gaming console at the same time as his extra controller, or does he want to sit with said controller in his hand for a week, staring at the blank screen, waiting for the damn console to arrive. Something like that. Or whatever. No games for me this weekend then. Mope.

They just sent you the controller??? That is ridiculous, never seen anything like that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-23-2016)

Thanks
    I ordered the pro and bought a Samsung ks8000 49 inch for the man cave. Seems HDR is the real upgrade over 4K from all I've read

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suby_Greg For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-25-2016), Major Stains (09-25-2016)

Thanks

PS4K Pro/ PS4 Slim

Quote Originally Posted by Suby_Greg View Post
    I ordered the pro and bought a Samsung ks8000 49 inch for the man cave. Seems HDR is the real upgrade over 4K from all I've read
    Sounds sweet. Would have stuck with the pro myself, but I concluded that I probably won't invest in a 4k TV any time soon, and if I did manage to sell the idea of a new TV set, it most definately would not be going into the man cave.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 09-25-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    Hmmm, been pondering a second PS4 purchase for a long time to add to our co-op options around here. My first instinct was to just pick up another original since their price is sure to drop (just saw the Uncharted 4 edition for $279, not bad). But with the slim at only $299, started to ponder going that direction.

The removal of the optical port has me thrown though. My current headset uses it, so I guess I'd be chained to the original. Are there that many headsets that don't use optical though? The wife currently has an inexpensive headset that I believe plugs into the controller, but if we were using them more, I'd expect she'd want a nicer set eventually, wouldn't want to be too limited on choices.

Also, any idea if you can swap the hard drive as easily on the slim? That's been a pretty standard PS feature, so I would be surprised if they pulled it. Not a total deal breaker since our original with it's 2TB upgraded drive will stay the main console, but we buy 95% digital and with the size of today's games, I'd rather throw at least a 1TB in right away, and buying a drive is almost always cheaper than paying for the versions with bigger drives.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-25-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gink View Post
    Hmmm, been pondering a second PS4 purchase for a long time to add to our co-op options around here. My first instinct was to just pick up another original since their price is sure to drop (just saw the Uncharted 4 edition for $279, not bad). But with the slim at only $299, started to ponder going that direction.

The removal of the optical port has me thrown though. My current headset uses it, so I guess I'd be chained to the original. Are there that many headsets that don't use optical though? The wife currently has an inexpensive headset that I believe plugs into the controller, but if we were using them more, I'd expect she'd want a nicer set eventually, wouldn't want to be too limited on choices.

Also, any idea if you can swap the hard drive as easily on the slim? That's been a pretty standard PS feature, so I would be surprised if they pulled it. Not a total deal breaker since our original with it's 2TB upgraded drive will stay the main console, but we buy 95% digital and with the size of today's games, I'd rather throw at least a 1TB in right away, and buying a drive is almost always cheaper than paying for the versions with bigger drives.
    Sony's gold and platinum headsets don't use an optical port. While it may seem like Sony is trying to push consumers to buy their headsets, the pro has the optical port. So cost cutting on the slim...

Here's a slim hd removal video. He does a PlayStation channel. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLBJgmoDp7I

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suby_Greg For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (09-26-2016), Gink (09-26-2016), GRRowl74 (09-25-2016), Major Stains (09-25-2016)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast