Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,273 Times in 2,442 Posts

Battlefield 1 - General Discussion

According to the official Battlefield Premiere event page, the Battlefield 1 reveal will start May 6 at 4 PM ET/9 PM BST. If you want to see the event (which will provide Battlefield 1 game info) tune in on the Premiere Twitch page.

What could we find out in the Battlefield 1 reveal?

There are many rumours on what the next Battlefield could be like. The strongest rumour so far is suggesting it could be set in World War 1. But as EA haven’t confirmed this, the game could be completely different, such as being set in the current time. Also they will be revealing the new weapon details and much more in the event.

Stay tuned for more news on Battlefield 1…
    Source @ Gaming Intel

Click image below for Twitter link.

Last edited by Major Stains; 05-07-2016 at 06:06 AM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Team MP - "Growing Old Disgracefully "

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-07-2016), Gink (05-01-2016), GRRowl74 (05-02-2016), r4vje83NL (08-17-2016), Ullrsdog (05-02-2016)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,048 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Should be awesome. Hope the campaign sucks a little less this time.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (05-02-2016), SouthtownSlayer (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 993 Posts
    If BF4 was like Commando (on a boat) and Medal Of Honour was like Saving Private Ryan, what film do you think they base BF5's campaign on?
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,048 Times in 1,187 Posts
    Hurt Locker?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-07-2016)

Thanks
    Driving Miss Daisy?
    (If you've ever got in a tank with me!)
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post
    If BF4 was like Commando (on a boat) and Medal Of Honour was like Saving Private Ryan, what film do you think they base BF5's campaign on?
    I would have said Zero Dark Thirty if I didn't feel like the newer Medal of Honor games covered that bit. If I had to bet I would say either Middle Eastern (Syria, Kurdistan) or Northern Africa like Libya or something. I don't know that they'd go into the near-future avert global war thing again. The story last time was the suck. Especially the ending. It just... ended.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post
    Striptease?
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyCapable13 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyCapable13 View Post
    Striptease?
    You wish.

Thanks
    Although I have invested in Battalion 1944 so hopefully get a WWII gaming experience toward the end of 2017, I would love to see BF5 go back there or the Great War.
    I would be really interested to follow my Grandfathers footsteps through N Africa, Libya, pushing up through the continent to the main frontlines.

I did wafffle on about this on the Time for new WWII Shooter thread

Like Don, I am a closet History nut and would welcome the chance to step in the virtual footsteps of the passing generations.
    Using the very latest game engines and technologies.

But I think, if produced in a suitable manner by a sensitive studio. Then these games could prove an incredibly viable teaching tool to the younger generations who may not comprehend the massive levels of suffering that the World Wars bought upon so many.
    I know it seems a bit of an oxymoron to propose a respect for the war dead when you are pretending to kill the virtual enemy yourself. But when you sit watching a movie and the director puts you behind a snipers scope, they are putting you in that exact position too.
    And I firmly believe that we are entering an age when computer games are executed to such a high standard that they should be considered an art form such as film.

Take 'Valient Hearts'. A very basic game model with cartoon graphics. But add a haunting musical score , chilling facts and figures that war brings. And you have the formula for a very powerful historical document. Yes, if dealt with insensitively the facts and accuracies become twisted and warped (A la Mel Gibson directed films) but at least you are making a generation of school leavers appreciate what was laid down before them. Rather than just fantasize on what the future might bring to the battlefield.

As for a WWI shooter, I'm not sure. Could it be captured accurately? The Cavalry, the evolvement of human depravity through the production of some of the most heinous forms of weaponary/ tactics know to man. It would be interesting to see. But could it be done well? Would it capture the enormity of the war? Then end the game with 30 million people dying from influenza? Not the Hollywood ending most game developers aim for!

But the Global War of 1939-45 captures plenty of historical battles that could be reinacted in game.
    With iconic weapons, planes, tanks. Beach landings and towns being taken that more people can remember from their history lessons. More of a connection for many.
    So yeah, I say bring back a WWII shooter. Let it be an epic. Trace the full road to victory, through Africa/ Middle east/ Asia on onwards. Show the Arctic Naval battles.
    The whole bloody horror of it all, and remind the whinging trolls out there that no exosuit will save your ass when your time is up.

Just focus on a groundbreaking, solid Co-Op Campaign. Squads of 6-12 taking on each horendous phase as it plays out (similar to Destiny gameplay, without the farming).
    Forget the multiplayer, open map snipe fest.
    Forget KDR.
    Each time your character dies. Back to square one... a newb rifleman. A bit wiser to the fight, join the same squad, team mates give you upgrades to help get you on your feet. The whole squad earns merit on the fewest dogtags gained. A team game. Gritty, dirty, bloody and real.
    Make it real, and make the people remember what so many gave.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,536 Posts
    If I had it my way? Either Uncommon Valor for a post Vietnam setting in the 80's or Attack Force Z for a WWII setting.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast