Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Some debate about whether this is true or not, or if it was user mistake or a bug but evidence is that deleting files is not intended by Apple Music. It's just shitty software.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/05/06/...letion-debate/

The process Pinkstone describes above is not how Apple Music's matching feature works, according to an in-depth explanation shared by iMore. Apple will match songs and upload original songs by converting them into an appropriate format, but it does not delete without user intervention. iMore theorizes that Pinkstone accidentally wiped his own library by misunderstanding confusing dialog options.
    Confusing the issue further is Pinkstone's conversation with an Apple Support Representative named Amber, who seems to be just as perplexed about how Apple Music functions when merging an existing music library with the Apple Music service.
    "The software is functioning as intended," said Amber.
    "Wait," I asked, "so it's supposed to delete my personal files from my internal hard drive without asking my permission?"
    "Yes," she replied.
    Amber's statement is inaccurate according to an Apple Music support document. Original files are never altered and remain available and deleting personal content is not the intended behavior of the service, but it continues to be unclear if Pinkstone and other Apple Music customers who have had content deleted have experienced a bug or mistakenly deleted their content themselves because of a confusing user interface. Multiple Apple Music listeners have disagreed with iMore's point of view and have said they too have experienced music deletions that weren't self-initiated.

That being said - I ain't touching Apple Music with a 10-foot pole.

As much as the idea of having access to more music is appealing, I can't stand the way iTunes/Apple make imported CD's second class citizens in their little music heirarchy. I have so much trouble getting itunes on my phone to keep my old imported Stones CD's - they disappear each and every time I try to back up my phone. However, somehow the One Direction stuff that my daughters buy will always find it's way back onto my phone seemingly without me doing a goddamn thing.

If I was to add a streaming service, I'd go with Spotify.
    Last edited by Spike Forehand; 05-08-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Presto Bitch!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts
    I'm sticking with Spotify, great service. I love the 3,333 songs you can have offline on your device. I get it free as part of my cellphone service on 3 devices. Even if it wasn't included, I'd subscribe.

The rest of my family are all iSheep but since it's all under my Apple account, I've bared them from getting Apple Music.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,058 Posts
    I've been using Groove for a couple years and love it. I always find a deal for $30ish/year.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyCapable13 View Post
    I've been using Groove for a couple years and love it. I always find a deal for $30ish/year.
    Also a groove user. It has been great. Zero issues.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyCapable13 View Post
    That's what I got it for last year via an Xbox Music card from Ebay, but I haven't been able to find cheap cards on Ebay lately so I went back to Slacker. I've tried Groove, Spotify, and Pandora, but I always go back to Slacker.

Besides, the Groove app on iOS is slightly better than useless, and the XBO app isn't that great, either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post

Besides, the Groove app on iOS is slightly better than useless, and the XBO app isn't that great, either.
    That's odd, as I find them both great. Easy to navigate and do what you want with no BS.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2