Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,537 Posts
    It allows you to invite and play with friend across different consoles. With Nintendo adding it for Minecraft, if you are on Switch you can send me an invite while I'm on Xbox. So for whatever game they allow it for, yes you can invite across whatever platforms they allow.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,283 Posts
    But a Xbox live account is required if I am not mistaken as I have seen the Xbox log in on Minecraft android.

Also, the friends invite does not work on PC/Console cross play unless I have missed it somewhere?

Thanks
    You sign in with the free version of XBL. Which makes sense, Minecraft is owned by MS.

For games that operate their own servers...

"Psyonix’s Jeremy Dunham said Sony didn’t grant the studio permission to provide cross-platform support on the PS4 version of Rocket League. Since Psyonix runs its own servers, every version of the game connects through that system. Because of this, should Sony ever allow cross-play with PS4, it would just take “the push of a button” to unite all platforms on Psyonix’s end. Dunham previously touched upon this subject back in July 2016."
    Last edited by Retro; 06-15-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    Who here is going to play more Minecraft and Rocket League when Xbox/Switch/PC is cross play if you can not play with friends?
    It's not so much that, as what the future can hold (if Sony gets smart and joins in).

How fun would it be to have Team MP PS4 vs Xbox1 Battlefield nights? Or a mixture of the few of us who play GTA online running heists together (on either console). It just opens up a whole new world, and would help unify our family of players.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyCapable13 For This Useful Post:

Retro (06-15-2017)

Thanks
    I can't support this. Think of the children people

Jk Sony get on this

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suby_Greg For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (06-16-2017), Retro (06-15-2017), TonkaToys (06-19-2017)

Thanks
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/06/2...-industry?read

During E3, Sony’s Jim Ryan said to his knowledge“there is no live conversation ongoing at the moment” in regard to making cross-play a reality for games like Rocket League and Minecraft.

“Cross-network play and being available across all platforms has been an ongoing conversation we’ve had with Sony for the last two years,” Dunham said, noting that there was no conversation about making it a reality specifically for an E3 announcement.

Ooops

Thanks
    Sony has cross platform games with PC even before and including Rocket League. I think their problem is how are we going to play with friends.......by PSN players having to open a Xbox live account like Minecraft? End of the day it is about selling consoles and it would be interesting to see if Microsoft was so willing if they were leading in sales. If you want to play with friends Sony wants you to buy a PS4 and not open a Xbox live account instead.

Maybe this issue with friends and creating accounts should be made clear before they start a hate campaign. Will Xbox players be required to create PSN accounts, how will it work, how would I get into a lobby with Xbox players? My son has Minecraft so if he wants to play with friends he will be required to sign in with a Xbox live account on his PS4.....yeah, not going to happen. Also, will I be able to play on Xbox live for free with my PS+ subscription?

What is the main aim here, open networks so all platforms can play against each other just to increase player numbers or opening networks to actually play with friends?

I just think the hidden agendas by all are not fully revealed and this goes deeper then what they lead on.
    Last edited by DeadChaos; 06-21-2017 at 04:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,054 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    Sony has cross platform games with PC even before and including Rocket League. I think their problem is how are we going to play with friends.......by PSN players having to open a Xbox live account like Minecraft? End of the day it is about selling consoles and it would be interesting to see if Microsoft was so willing if they were leading in sales. If you want to play with friends Sony wants you to buy a PS4 and not open a Xbox live account instead.

Maybe this issue with friends and creating accounts should be made clear before they start a hate campaign. Will Xbox players be required to create PSN accounts, how will it work, how would I get into a lobby with Xbox players? My son has Minecraft so if he wants to play with friends he will be required to sign in with a Xbox live account on his PS4.....yeah, not going to happen. Also, will I be able to play on Xbox live for free with my PS+ subscription?

What is the main aim here, open networks so all platforms can play against each other just to increase player numbers or opening networks to actually play with friends?

I just think the hidden agendas by all are not fully revealed and this goes deeper then what they lead on.

So I think this may be a conspiracy theory way of looking at it. I'm not thinking there's hidden agendas for anyone. I just see it as a way of opening up player numbers, and having a longer shelf life for online games. I also don't agree with the theory of MS requiring an Xbox Live account for PS gamers. They really are not that stupid. I see their thought process behind having a live account for mobile platforms, but no way they'd try to make PS gamers sign up for one.

I don't think there would be any specific lobby for PS players to get in with Xbox players. Just like Rocket League is now, you can either play in lobbies that are cross platform, or just your chosen console specific lobbies. As far as inviting friends on different platforms and chat, that is not something that we have NOW, but my point is, the possibilities are exciting. I really don't see a downside to this.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    We will see how cross play goes between Xbox, Switch and PC. Maybe Sony will come up with something in the future.

Thanks
    Having to have an XBL sign-in is for Minecraft and well that makes sense. Minecraft is a MS owned property.

No conspiracies, Sony is just being stubborn and anti-consumer. When Nintendo of all company's, who have been the worst and slowest moving of all when it comes to online anything. Who have treated their player base like little children, pull the trigger and jump in, then I have to say WTF Sony?

It's funny, but if this was the other way around I believe all the Sony only gamers who are defending Sony's actions in this would be slamming MS. If Sony were to just come out and say that, right now they don't feel a need because they're number one in sales and would rather keep their base contained, I'd sort of respect that. Wouldn't agree, but I'd respect it far more than the BS statements and lies.

As a Sony customer, they are full of shit. They are anti-consumer. And I'm getting tired of it. I want Playstation of 1995-2005 and 2008-2013 back, the company "for the gamers". Sony right now are acting the way Nintendo has for the last decade plus, and even Nintendo is finally getting away from that. I don't want Sony getting locked into that now too. I've owned all of their consoles, hate to see PS4 be the last if they continue down a similar track Nintendo did for awhile.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast