Thanks

My studio/workstation

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in -- music, technology, gaming -- because it has a little bit of everything, so I'm putting it here.

I just finished setting up my my corner workstation/recording studio. It's my little slice of heaven -- a beautiful blend of old and new.

The core of my workstation is my Surface Pro 3. I do all my bass guitar recording on it with Amplitube 4 using an iRig HD interface (although Amplitube 3 is in the photo -- I just upgraded). I do voice recording using a Samson CO1U USB condenser mic with Adobe Audition. Playback is through a pair of Kanto YU2 powered desktop speakers. All hardware runs through a Microsoft Surface Dock for quick connection.

That's an original Commodore 1702 monitor in the corner with a Wico Command Control Bat Handle joystick on top, and just behind my Surface to the left is an original Atari 1050 disk drive, which I bought new in box a few years ago.

What you can't see is my Atari 800XL, which is inside the middle drawer (the front of the drawer flips down to make it a keyboard tray).

The artwork above the desk is the finishing touch. I found some high-res images of Atari 2600 box art and printed and framed them myself. They surround a miniature copy of the TRON movie poster that I also printed and framed myself.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-27-2016), HB721 (09-27-2016), Major Stains (09-27-2016), SouthtownSlayer (08-01-2016)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Only just seen this. That's a really cool space you've created there Jocko.

My wife was kind enough to allow me my own little 'man-space', which she generously lets me keep in a box in the loft. It's about time I go and open it so I can remember what my life used to be like!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-27-2016), HB721 (09-27-2016)