Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fifa 17

Thanks
    Got in several games of this over the weekend. High-level thoughts on it so far (knowing it is only a beta)...

• Graphics are superior, but movements are a bit clunky...hoping this is a reflection of being a beta.
    • They weren't lying...this game is MUCH more physical. The refs let a lot go that would have never been okay in 15 or 16. This also means that balance and strength are both CRITICAL traits now instead of being borderline useless like they have been.
    • Going back to refs, they are hit-or-miss still. They don't call as much, but when they do it sometimes is odd what they choose to draw the line on. There was no hesitance to give yellow or red. I felt like carding was accurate and fair though in the beta.
    • Defense is much improved. They take better angles, attack the other players, and seem less clumsy.
    • Passing is different. Through passes aren't a magic bullet anymore. Passes off headers require much more refinement, and are not gimmes just because you are taller. Though headers are MUCH improved in my opinion.
    • The improvement to corner kicks takes some getting used to, but I like it a lot.
    • The improvement to PK and FK is a bit harder, but once I get used to it, I am sure it will be awesome... a lot of missed PKs so far for people though.

I know I have more, but my break at work is up. More to come as I have time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donhardeone For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (08-22-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Interesting feedback. I haven't really played 16 but my kids were on it all the time (until Pokémon Go).
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks
    My son is live streaming FIFA 17 right now if anyone feels charitable and wants to watch.

Last edited by TonkaToys; 09-24-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    -Charlie

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (09-24-2016)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    TEAM MP IS NOW RECRUITING AT FIFA 17 Pro Clubs

If you want more teammates on the bench, then bump away!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts
    Having put in a decent amount of time into it now, I have to say I find this year's version to be a step back from '16. While the graphics are certainly improved, the AI teammates are atrocious. Getting a 2 on 1 break and watching the AI player peel off instead going hard into the box is terrible. I have them set to to team attack and their position to attack the box.

Player switching logic seems to have gone from damn near perfect to WTF are they thinking.

From a depth perspective, manger mode has had some needed improvements with the board objectives and how finances are delt with. But overall I see the game as being a step back.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (01-19-2017), TonkaToys (01-19-2017)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

Fifa 17

Haven't got around to playing fifa17 yet. I have it, cos my son has it. He plays it all the time, obsessed with football that one. Been interested to try the single player story mode. Understand it's kind of like Fight Night Champion? Sounds right up my alley. Now if I can only start my ps4 without starting R6, I might try it one of these days.

Used to play fifa all the time on ps3. Made my own player, spent hours tweaking his face so he'd look just like - a more handsome version of me, and then I took my home town team to the Champions League, on semipro of course. Ah, I remember the good old days when I had to let my son win from time to time. These days he can't be bothered playing with me, and if I does, you'll need a spatula to scrape me off the floor when he's done.

Still fun though. Anyone want an easy win, you know where to find me :)
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 01-19-2017 at 08:39 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (01-19-2017)

Thanks
    It gets a lot of love from our lovely Xboners - I'd want some practice before I played against any non-MPs
    -Charlie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (01-25-2017)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

Fifa 17

Finally tried The Journey. Funny how a tiny bit of story, background and character development will motivate me to do otherwise mindboggingly boring dribling exercises - even several times in a row, just to impress my coach. If I don't make the starting eleven by next match that douche from tryouts will probably tweet some nasty comment again, and my mate Gareth already seems to think he's too good for me. Aaah, the pressure. So glad I'm not a pro footballer in real life.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 01-26-2017 at 03:23 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (01-26-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRowl74 View Post
    Finally tried The Journey. Funny how a tiny bit of story, background and character development will motivate me to do otherwise mindboggingly boring dribling exercises - even several times in a row, just to impress my coach. If I don't make the starting eleven by next match that douche from tryouts will probably tweet some nasty comment again, and my mate Gareth already seems to think he's too good for me. Aaah, the pressure. So glad I'm not a pro footballer in real life.
    I'm enjoying The Journey story mode.

My character is currently in court facing charges of molestation even though that blonde bird in the nightclub told me she was definitely up for it in the back of my Baby Bentley!

I then went to the training ground to pick up some more 'Charlie' before heading back to court to face further charges of match fixing. Just because I was accepting big brown envelopes of cash from FIFA doesn't mean crap. I thought it was because of my Madskillz on their videogame.

On the downside, I may be out for four months because I got a bit of mud on my knee.
    And I am royaly pissed off because the new away kit is green which does nothing for my complextion.

This is as tough as life gets my friend...
    Last edited by Major Stains; 02-08-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (01-26-2017)

Thanks
    But at least you aren't in the terrible situation where you are being paid millions to sit on the bench, because you've decided that you no longer want to play for the club to which you are contracted for another 2 years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-rebel-9692753

-Charlie

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (01-26-2017), Major Stains (01-26-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast