Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,058 Posts

Sony Not Allowing Mods on PS4 for Fallout 4/Skyrim

They're becoming the next Nintendo...

Mods, by the way, have been available in Fallout 4 on the Xbox One since May.

After months of discussion with Sony, we regret to say that while we have long been ready to offer mod support on PlayStation 4, Sony has informed us they will not approve user mods the way they should work: where users can do anything they want for either Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition.

Like you, we are disappointed by Sony’s decision given the considerable time and effort we have put into this project, and the amount of time our fans have waited for mod support to arrive. We consider this an important initiative and we hope to find other ways user mods can be available for our PlayStation audience. However, until Sony will allow us to offer proper mod support for PS4, that content for Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PlayStation 4 will not be available.
    source: http://kotaku.com/bethesda-says-sony...ods-1786431292
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyCapable13 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    I'm seeing a lot of discussion around the web on this. The flag waving die hard fans who will blow Sony no matter what they do are saying that this decision will not impact the sales of the console this holiday season.

I'm not sure what delusional planet they live on, but I hope to never share oxygen with them.

The point, from a consumer, is not console sales. The POINT is giving your consumers a choice. Mods are a hugely popular aspect of PC gaming. The fact that Bethesda figured out how to bring this to consoles is amazing. It's been available in Fallout 4 on the Xbox One since May, and works really well. This is a huge step forward in console gaming; well, until Sony tries to make us all take 2 steps back.

I just don't get it. I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and tell me I'm on that dumb show Punkd.

Not allowing mods - our players don't want that choice

No 4k bluray on the PS4Pro - our players don't watch discs, they only stream

No form of an "Elite" controller - our players don't want that choice

Not allowing cross platform play with the Xbox One - our players don't want that choice

Not allowing EA Access on PS4 - it's not a good value; and our players don't want that choice

These are all limiting the CHOICE of the consumer. Well Sony, that "other" console allows all of that plus more. But oh yeah, according to you they are not your competition. Your only competition is the PC.
    Last edited by HardlyCapable13; 09-09-2016 at 05:12 PM.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyCapable13 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (09-10-2016), Retro (09-09-2016)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Nothing against your post HC, your delivery is perfect and punctuation impecable as ever. But for some reason, I just prefer to hear it from Naomi. Maybe its the lack of beard? lol ;)

*Edit. And yes Sony, the 'Players' would love mods on many titles especially GTAV.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (09-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    Nothing against your post HC, your delivery is perfect and punctuation impecable as ever. But for some reason, I just prefer to hear it from Naomi. Maybe its the lack of beard? lol ;)

*Edit. And yes Sony, the 'Players' would love mods on many titles especially GTAV.
    Just wish she would move her hair slightly to the side, kind of blocking my view.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I don't get it... what possible reason does Sony have to refuse to do these things?
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

Retro (09-11-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post
    I don't get it... what possible reason does Sony have to refuse to do these things?
    Well given what they said about EA Access, I'll go with....

"it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,"

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Well given what they said about EA Access, I'll go with....

"it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,"
    I'll read that as ... "it does not bring the kind of profit that Sony shareholders have come to expect".
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks
    This really pisses me off. I was out sick from work all last week and finally started playing Fallout 4 and I absolutely love it. To be honest I am not sure if I would of even spent much time playing the mods as there seems to be a nearly endless amount of things to do in the regular game plus the DLC, but I know I would of at least tried a few and the fact that Sony doesn't even think I should have that option is absurd.

My hope is that Sony sees this backlash and rethinks this absurd policy or offers some sort of reasonable reason for it, if one even exists. Either way it has for the time being caused me to completely put off getting Skyrim if there are no mods, and if this is going to be their policy going forward it makes the decision to get a Scorpio over a Pro that much easier.

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

Sony Not Allowing Mods on PS4 for Fallout 4/Skyrim

It really annoys me that they dismiss cross platform play and blame it on the players! How can they just assume people not want someting they never had the opportunity to try? Of course players would welcome cross platform play - it would mean their favorite multiplayer games will have a longer life span, based on a larger group of people playing it, not to mention faster matchmaking. Who wouldn't want that?
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 09-12-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borlaxx View Post
    To be honest I am not sure if I would of even spent much time playing the mods as there seems to be a nearly endless amount of things to do in the regular game plus the DLC,
    It doesn't just add quests or anything, it adds whatever you can think of to enrich your gaming experience. From new radio stations, to changing voices, to new weapons in Fallout, to new enemies and being able to ride dragons in Skyrim. Mods are pretty much whatever you can think up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast