Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

Automatic sharing on twitter and the like

Hi. Dunno if this part of the forum is alive, but here goes: I'm publishing videos of MP gameplay via Youtube. Up until now I've been keeping them accessible only by link, and posted that link on the forum. Lately I've been thinking of setting up a public channel just for kicks, and started setting these videos to open to public viewing and search. This resulted in a massive twitter spamming from my account, usually reserved to semi-official comments about school and politics, which is my field of employment. Needless to say, I don't necessarily want to share gaming videos to that audience.

So - long story short - how do I turn this "service" off?

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Not 100% sure without have a look (can't at work) but I know there are only 3 options for who can see your vid and once public it links to any connected accounts.

I guess an easy option (if you don't use your YT account for work) would be to start a new Grrowl (gaming based) Twitter account and link that one to your YT account.
    That way you can spam both YT and Twitter as much as you want without all those 'norms' judging your seedy hobbies ;)

I'll look into settings tonight to see if there are any other options.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-12-2016)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

Automatic sharing on twitter and the like

Thanks. Found the unlink via the desktop version. Why are almost all of these adjustment options left out of the apps? Drives me crazy.

Yea, I've already started a new GRRowl youtube account and uploaded all videos there. Solves the problem. I'll just leave the "old" videos unlisted, so the links are still good on the forum.