Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Mad Catz shuts down after months of financial woes

"Mad Catz, Inc. has filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in the United States. As of March 30, the company has shut down and begun to sell off its assets, with all proceeds going straight to lenders....."

rest of the article

Would ya like some biscuits?
    "Hurry to meet death, before your place is taken"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SouthtownSlayer For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-01-2017), Retro (03-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownSlayer View Post
    Mad Catz shuts down after months of financial woes

"Mad Catz, Inc. has filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in the United States. As of March 30, the company has shut down and begun to sell off its assets, with all proceeds going straight to lenders....."

rest of the article
    Shocked they lasted so long. Not exactly known for quality.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

SouthtownSlayer (03-31-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Shocked they lasted so long. Not exactly known for quality.

Tell me bout it, I was not impressed with the quality of their controllers and their headphones. I had a set of Tritton headphones prior to them buying Tritton Tech and really liked them so I bought another pair after MC took over and sadly they maybe lasted me a couple of months!

Would ya like some biscuits?
    "Hurry to meet death, before your place is taken"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SouthtownSlayer For This Useful Post:

Retro (03-31-2017)

Thanks

New licensed pro controllers for PS4

Okay so, here's my review on both Raiju and Revolution Pro.

Let's start with the wired only issue, well both are wired only, the reason they give us, is since these are pro controllers having them wired eliminates input lag found in wireless devices (would need some expert to put it to the test, but from an unknowledgeable perspective I may be able to see this as - well OK)

Revolution Pro first, got it over the Raiju for features - more customizable even though I'm not a fan of the staggered layout and get bad hand cramps from it.

1month and a few days later the one button started feeling spongy and soon after got stuck.
    Had it replaced and haven't used it since

The Raiju was a replacement, cheeper since I wouldn't have to have bothered with setting up a partition on my mac to run windows on that I didn't own and had to get because Revolution required a pc (should have read the fine print) even though I believe the Raiju is the more pricier of the two. Hope you own windows

Anyway I find the build quality and overall feel of the Raiju much better than the Revolution - I do prefer the stick layout and the buttons have a better feel than the Revolution.

Two of the Four button placements on the bottom of the Revolution feel completely unnatural and are a pain to use.

Yes the Revolution can have you map key combinations but I find these only helpful if your going to play fighters such as Mortal Kombat or Streetfighter etc.

Revolution stores up to 4 profiles, but it's a pain in the arse to get up and plug into a pc to reload or map for a new game

Raiju stores up to 2 profiles, but the abdolute joy is you map it right there and then, changes on the fly, no exiting or unplugging required

Annoyed that neither of the PS approved controllers can startup the PS (WTF!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by HeadsWilSned; 04-02-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
    He'll make it whissle;
    An legs an arms, an heads will sned

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-03-2017), HardlyCapable13 (04-03-2017), SouthtownSlayer (04-02-2017), tthfry (04-03-2017)

Thanks
    I rather like my Revolution. I already had bootcamp installed on my mac so that wasn't that much of an issue. I prefer the switched layout of the left thumbstick - the xbox-esque one. I have slim shoulders and tiny hands, maybe that makes a difference - then again I don't really game that much, so I still wouldn't write a full hands-down review for the Revolution. I bought it because I had a voucher, wanted a third controller for Overcooked and like the xbox-esque layout better. :)

I've had my Revolution since January and only played it causally, primarily in Siege. No loose or stuck buttons here, yet. The large Circle, Cross, Square, Triangle buttons need some getting used to.

I don't care too much about the wire, but it makes my mic hum (at least in monitor mode). Didn't seem to be a problem in the recordings I've seen featuring me. Wireless DS4 has the air gap, which is a win sometimes. I have yet to notice input lag, to be honest, but I've gamed with age-old PC hardware since always, so I'm accustomed to lag.

The paddle buttons are exactly where I'd place my ring fingers, but I admit that the upper buttons don't come natural and every now and then result in me aiming in the sky or on the ground - because reasons. I use those for pinging and switching weapons in Siege, so nothing you do all too often. I also haven't programmed any macros yet (why do you need those?).

I don't have the Raiju, but changing the layout on the go has its advantages. Also I like the headset controls it sports - are they any good, Heads?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tthfry View Post
    I rather like my Revolution. I already had bootcamp installed on my mac so that wasn't that much of an issue. I prefer the switched layout of the left thumbstick - the xbox-esque one. I have slim shoulders and tiny hands, maybe that makes a difference - then again I don't really game that much, so I still wouldn't write a full hands-down review for the Revolution. I bought it because I had a voucher, wanted a third controller for Overcooked and like the xbox-esque layout better. :)

I've had my Revolution since January and only played it causally, primarily in Siege. No loose or stuck buttons here, yet. The large Circle, Cross, Square, Triangle buttons need some getting used to.

I don't care too much about the wire, but it makes my mic hum (at least in monitor mode). Didn't seem to be a problem in the recordings I've seen featuring me. Wireless DS4 has the air gap, which is a win sometimes. I have yet to notice input lag, to be honest, but I've gamed with age-old PC hardware since always, so I'm accustomed to lag.

The paddle buttons are exactly where I'd place my ring fingers, but I admit that the upper buttons don't come natural and every now and then result in me aiming in the sky or on the ground - because reasons. I use those for pinging and switching weapons in Siege, so nothing you do all too often. I also haven't programmed any macros yet (why do you need those?).

I don't have the Raiju, but changing the layout on the go has its advantages. Also I like the headset controls it sports - are they any good, Heads?
    Yeah I'm also not a die hard who would notice something like lag, hell with my ping in games input lag from a controller would be my last and def not ONLY issue.

Lots of great reviews for both, it almost always comes down to the joystick placements - you either like or dislike ps or xbox designs.

Not even once tried out the audio controls, I assumed until now that it would only be applicable to a device connected to the controller itself, and since I have the turtle beach headsets always on, I don't use any other.

I feel I need to just clarify the "always on" comment - I mean it's always plugged in and ready - not always on my head

and this headset has it's own controller unit sitting on my lap when I use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
    He'll make it whissle;
    An legs an arms, an heads will sned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,030 Posts
    You guys! You've started this discussion just too late for me.

I've just had this Gatorclaw controller delivered for my son's birthday. ***Definitely not a pro controller - more a cheap controller***

I'll let you know how it is once he opens it and I get to try it.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-03-2017), HeadsWilSned (04-03-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3