Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Tempted back to the Division

They say the first relationship break-up never takes, so I played the heck out of The Division, got my platinum trophy and did every ever bit of the single-player content. Then after discovering the end-game was a mindless grind for marginally better gear I traded it away.

Now it looks like there are some significant improvements. The world tier makes the SP content viable again, they have toned down the bullet-spongeyness somewhat, and the Survival mode looks like what the game should have been from the start.

Anyone still playing this that would like to share their thoughts? Thanks.
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

Thanks
    There are groups still on. Bullet sponge factor has been toned down...soloing tier 4 underground can be accomplished but you can't go full on "Leroy Jenkins". I still have a lot of fun when I play and after figuring out and fixing my loadout, I may go on tonight as my character is now less sqishy.
    http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=618&dateline=13481787  90

Thanks
    I play this shit out of this title, even through 1.3. The changes in 1.4 have been great. I don't have any complaints about the loot drops. I've been able to build different sets with the talents and attributes I'm looking for to mess around with different play styles. Something I didn't do in 1.3 b/c it was hard enough to grind for 1 set. The DZ has become what it was intended, a PVP zone, and less of a farming area although you still can. Its not worth the risk since you get so much gear in the "Light Zone". I still go in there because the thrill of the hunt keeps it interesting. Its a lot of fun with a group of 4 MP's. I've noticed that its harder to group up for Incursions. Probably because you don't need to do them to get gear drops. Survival looks interesting and I'm looking forward to trying something different.
    PSN ID: HFD_E-213

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uglyduck213 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (11-24-2016), TonkaToys (11-26-2016)

Thanks
    Went ahead and picked this up last night. Thankfully, I still have credit for the season pass when I initially bought it (that doesn't always happen on other titles).

I couldn't go to Manhattan because of the downloading, so I ran the final Brooklyn mission on hard difficulty. Seems like you really have to mind your aim now, but it was challenging without feeling like your are just pouring bullets into a sponge.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scottgun00 For This Useful Post:

TonkaToys (11-26-2016)

Thanks
    Wow! Ir really rains loot now. I went from World Tier 1 to 5 in about 2 days not even trying.

Thanks
    I deleted this off my ps4 a few months ago to make room for a couple other games. Heck, I even have the season pass but haven't tried Survival. Now, with the last part of the pass looming I'm debating about giving it another go. When I stopped playing, the Underground had become stale for me, i wasn't too geared up, and I didn't do much with the DZ because all my friends had stopped playing. This new dlc is obviously very heavy on the pvp, but seems like it could be fun. I am kind of disappointed though that there's nothing new added to the "story" (ends kind of on a question mark, so i'm sensing some Destiny type action of giving more story later on via more paid dlc). I don't regret buying the season pass, as I certainly feel i got my moneys worth out of the base game and underground. I saw the first few posts, but since then, anybody else made a comeback into the game?

Thanks
    Gadnos316 I am in a similar situation: have not played in a few months, still have it on my home screen, and hoping the newest dlc will help. I payed into the season pass, and although for the most part I feel that I did get my moneys worth, a void still seems to linger with me. Not sure what it is. Might have to jump back in.

Thanks
    Id recommend jumping back on. Theres quite a few ppl left and you can solo the dz quite easily. Theres plenty of us always on aswel. We do use the ps4 group app quite a lot so you can catch us there if your on ps4 but il keep coming back here to chat and help with anything you want like builds or weapon mods etc.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPH7 For This Useful Post:

Bravo6 (02-02-2017), Major Stains (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Tph7, are you referring to the community page on PlayStation or some other app? Still debating to get back on, but I loved the game so much. Just kind of got weary a bit during underground.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadnos316 View Post
    Tph7, are you referring to the community page on PlayStation or some other app? Still debating to get back on, but I loved the game so much. Just kind of got weary a bit during underground.
    It's a shame the Team MP Community page sees very little action (both on PS4 and X1).
    Nor do the individual Team MP Game Communities.

I'm of the understanding most games are arranged via personal/ group messages or chat groups to suit the individual needs of those involved.
    Doesn't seem to be for any particular reason apart from thats just the way it's evolved.

Shame really, because both platforms have communities that have the tools to arrange game nights etc, with chat/ message options (In my opinion the XBox improved on what Sony is lacking, but even being built better doesn't mean it's used any more).

In an ideal world, it would be great for all members to arrange games etc on the forums. Giving new members a chance to introduce themselves and get a foot in the door. But over time more 'convenient social spaces' have popped up allowing smaller groups of MPs to form away from the main group.

It's not a new thing. It existed on Skype, Battlelog, Facebook, other forums. All members of Team MP just finding the easiest way to communicate with fellow gamers and find a fit for them.

Boy. I went off on a tangent there! What I meant to say was TPH was referring to The Division 'Message Group', which started off as [MP] but is now an open group to all. So although a great group of folk, not all are parent gamers. I'll send you an invite to it Gadnos (and some of the other MP Communities).
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (02-02-2017), Gadnos316 (02-02-2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast