Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts

Asus 24inch PC monitor

Went ahead and used some of my Amazon vouchers to treat myself to an early birthday present.

Hooked up my PS4 and damn am I having a good time. Even back on BF1 to test it out and it feels like I'm actually doing better then I did on the TV. This is most likely due to me having to move closer to the screen the older I get!! I can just see better, pick up enemies must faster that pop up on the side of screen.....generally just must quicker reaction. Threw some hints with pictures so the family can get me a decent mic headset so I can sit in my little corner and not hear or see them while gaming, no more relying on the TV!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Retro (11-30-2016)

Thanks
    That the vg248qe? That's one I have to and its awesome. I use it for Both PC and Ps4. I don't think I can game on a tv anymore after being on a monitor for awhile now. Being closer plus the input lag is basically nothing will defiantly help you kill fools haha. Got a mic headset for xmas last year so that's what I do lol sit in my corner and ignore the world when can.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    VS248HR. Can't see myself going back to TV any time soon either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I always wondered about screen lag; I'm using an old-ish Philips TV for my PS4 and had heard that it was quite laggy. I didn't really think it would make much difference.

But the other day I was using it to work at home, and I had my laptop screen duplicated onto the TV... I started noticing that the mouse lagged quite a bit on the telly compared to the laptop screen.

168 milliseconds - that is the same lag as sending information from New York to Tokyo in 2012! (GIYF)

I now feel justified to say that I would be much higher up the scoreboard if I used a good screen (and not just because I can't shoot straight).
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (12-01-2016)