Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

1.6 First Impressions?

For those who have been playing the updated version 1.6, what are your thoughts? I am stuck waiting for it to download and update, and it's taking forever (I even hardwired my network connection). Got about 45 minutes left.

Heard they screwed around with armor ratings and it's not for the better. I am only on level 21, so I'm hoping I don't notice it. Still have mostly blue gear and nothing exotic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    Well, so far I only jumped in long enough to find out if it fixed the error that kept me from playing Survival. Much to my surprise it did! So it saved me from deleting and re-downloading 50GB, so that's nice.

Currently waiting for the update to download on the wife's console, hopefully we'll have time to jump in later and check it out. Hers was stuck saying 99 hours to go. Not sure why. 2 PS4's, both hardwired, but hers regularly creeps along or gets stuck on downloads while mine whizzes right through. Have swapped cables around, etc. Makes no difference. A full reboot of the console is about all that seems to kick it back to normal download speeds.

Oh, I did notice in the short time I was in the Terminal and Post Office, that everything seemed a bit blurry/foggy, kind of how it looks on the streets sometimes when visibility gets poor. Kind of weird, like all the usual sharpness was gone from the graphics. So uhhh, not sure what's going on with that, if it's just me, or my installation, or TV, or what. Will find out once I get a chance to spend more time with it.
    Last edited by Gink; 02-28-2017 at 10:19 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

rootbeer001 (03-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    Turns out my graphics issue was just from the brightness being turned up to 100. Odd side effect of the patch, but at least it was easy to fix!

Still haven't spent a ton of time in game since the patch. Only had time to go after an HVT. Got our asses handed to us the first attempt, which was a bit surprising, so not sure if that was due to changes to weapons and armor that we haven't adjusted to or not. We don't really spend much time in DZ, and it seems like that's where a lot of the changes are. So will be interested to hear from other folks who jump back in.

Thanks
    I have played for a couple of hours, and it seems like the enemy AI has been tweaked and damage incurred is a little more manageable. It could be some better gear I have collected, but I seem to be holding up better against some enemies a couple levels above me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rootbeer001 For This Useful Post:

Gink (03-03-2017)

Thanks
    Anyone try the new Pvp? I watched it on twitch and it looked fun but I have yet to give it a go.

Thanks
    Just downloaded everything last night. Have not played for months, wow do i have a lot to catch up on and relearn. seems like so much has changed.

Thanks
    Finally checked out Last Stand tonight. I actually had a lot of fun with it. Is it the best Pvp ou there? Not by a long shot. But since I love the game, I find myself drawn to the new expansion. One issue... who knows how long it'll last. I was put into two games in progress with each time my team being slaughtered. I can't speak for the new incursion, as haven't tried. Then again I've never done one.

I've neglected this game for a while... definitely weird, went into the DZ and only encountered one other player. Extracted without a peep too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadnos316 View Post
    I've neglected this game for a while... definitely weird, went into the DZ and only encountered one other player. Extracted without a peep too.
    hmmm....i haven't touched the DZ yet. Just got to level 24, but been itching to get some powerful, high-end gear. this tempts me if i can get in and out without worrying about powerful rouges picking on me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rootbeer001 For This Useful Post:

Gink (03-07-2017)

Thanks
    For now, if you want gear I don't see the point of DZ as you'll get good gear running the new PvP, and also I got good gear when I ran the underground, but last time I tried it I sat forever in matchmaking. DZ is just fun for the anxiety.

Root beer... how you enjoying the game? Are you able to matchmake with the primary missions or going solo? I loved my first play through. I'd hop on with you, but this game isn't friendly with matching people so far apart in level/GS. Now I wish I'd made a second character to run through.

Thanks
    Hey Gad,

I am liking the game. I don't mind the repetitive tasks. It makes me feel like a real agent. I've been soloing it most of the time, but did hook up with another MP a couple of times. He was 10 levels above me at the time, so all the enemies were coming in at his level. That was a little hard to handle, but I did get some decent gear and leveled up a couple of times. It's almost an exercise in pride of trying to solo all the missions, even on hard level.

So where should I start trying to find some good gear, specifically, the named gear? I did get the Season Pass when it was on sale last month, but haven't downloaded any of the DLC yet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rootbeer001 For This Useful Post:

TonkaToys (03-08-2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast