Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    MPV Ullrsdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Western Colorado --Skype= reed.family04
    Posts
    2,599
    Thanks
    861
    Thanked 817 Times in 507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeer001 View Post
    Originally from Maryland, but live in Louisville. Been here since 2000. Try to hit the distilleries every now and then, but I don't have the money to buy those gift shop releases from Heaven Hill or Willett. Been lucky a couple of times and did score a 2016 WLW BTAC this past fall release. And congrats on the baby on the way! Can definitely drink to that.

    Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Didn't pan out this past fall ('16) but the previous I was able to score Pappy 10yo and the fall before that a Pappy 12yo...I'd love to get my hands on more of the BTAC especially the Weller or Stagg, I can get the Stagg Jr. from several of the local shops and have in the past but I do want to try the original if you will, along with the Weller and maybe the 15yo Eagle Rare. I'm a big fan of the BT distillery and my favorite of all is their Colonel EH Taylor barrel proof.

    Oh and Stains seeing as I was drawn here by Bourbon I'll stick to spelling it Whiskey...as Bourbon is THE American spirit. Created in the states and really the only thing that was...yes some may say moonshine but remember that's been made all over the place in various forms and honestly it was the Corn based mash that moonshine started with that eventually became bourbon...oh thank you Reverend Elijah Craig for deciding to burn that barrel before you filled it with the sweet sweet nectar.

    Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye

    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/a63c482c8237769d.png

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ullrsdog For This Useful Post:

    Major Stains (03-06-2017), rootbeer001 (03-06-2017)

  3. #12
    MPV Major Stains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Posts
    8,425
    Thanks
    6,900
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullrsdog View Post
    Oh and Stains seeing as I was drawn here by Bourbon I'll stick to spelling it Whiskey...as Bourbon is THE American spirit. Created in the states and really the only thing that was...yes some may say moonshine but remember that's been made all over the place in various forms and honestly it was the Corn based mash that moonshine started with that eventually became bourbon...oh thank you Reverend Elijah Craig for deciding to burn that barrel before you filled it with the sweet sweet nectar.
    I know, I was just acting the fool as per usual. I had you down as second favourite for pulling me up on it... Southy was odds on favourite for calling me an 'Incorrect Wannabe Canadian Dbag'!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

    Ullrsdog (03-06-2017)

  5. #13
    Junior Member rootbeer001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullrsdog View Post
    Didn't pan out this past fall ('16) but the previous I was able to score Pappy 10yo and the fall before that a Pappy 12yo...I'd love to get my hands on more of the BTAC especially the Weller or Stagg, I can get the Stagg Jr. from several of the local shops and have in the past but I do want to try the original if you will, along with the Weller and maybe the 15yo Eagle Rare. I'm a big fan of the BT distillery and my favorite of all is their Colonel EH Taylor barrel proof.
    Tried a Stagg a couple months ago, don't remember the vintage, but it was a bit too hot for me. Not sure why, because I love barrel proof anything. EH Taylor, any version, is a personal favorite. Haven't met a bottle of EHT I hated, but have been limited to BP and small batch right now. And not to be an ass, but some bourbon purists will not call the 10 yo and the 12 yo "Pappy" since his face and name are not actually on those labels.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to rootbeer001 For This Useful Post:

    Ullrsdog (03-06-2017)

  7. #14
    MPV Ullrsdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Western Colorado --Skype= reed.family04
    Posts
    2,599
    Thanks
    861
    Thanked 817 Times in 507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeer001 View Post
    Tried a Stagg a couple months ago, don't remember the vintage, but it was a bit too hot for me. Not sure why, because I love barrel proof anything. EH Taylor, any version, is a personal favorite. Haven't met a bottle of EHT I hated, but have been limited to BP and small batch right now. And not to be an ass, but some bourbon purists will not call the 10 yo and the 12 yo "Pappy" since his face and name are not actually on those labels.
    well sure they can say what they want about the 10 and 12 year but it says old rip van winkle on the 10 and clearly states Pappy Van Winkle on the 12...not to mention that if they want to stick to the purist guns well then they'll have to admit that Pappy is dead, considering that current offerings will not be using Pappy yeast, opting instead for another Setzer Weller yeast...and I think it's the one used in the WLW offerings.

    At the moment EHT Barrel Proof and Single Barrel are on the shelf for that particular version.

    Yes I found Stagg Jr. a bit hot and probably cut it more than I would me EHT or Elijah or Bookers, I typically take them down to right around 100 proof or higher, right now I think the EHT is 134.5 and I add water to make it about 115, with the Stagg Jr. it was more like 95, but I still want to try the Stagg as I enjoyed the flavor of the Jr.

    Just saw on MSN that Pappy will be releasing 710 bottles of 25 year, retailing at $1800 in April...the news of the 25 year isn't new to me but the release window is. Man seeing that I sold a bottle of 12 year for $350 after buying it for $80 (nearly 4:1) will this one fetch $5-7000 on the resale market?
    Last edited by Ullrsdog; 03-06-2017 at 03:04 PM.

    Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye

    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/a63c482c8237769d.png

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ullrsdog For This Useful Post:

    Gink (03-08-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •