Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Switch

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 1,044 Posts
    Played a few hours last night.

I did find another issue that will probably haunt me. The little door cover for the game cartridge is the style where you push in, and it pops out. I'm constantly getting phone calls/texts/emails for work, so had to set the Switch down a couple times through my play session, and one of the times when I picked it up I hit that and the cart popped out. I am not sure the last save point, as I was so irritated I didn't even go back into the game.

I haven't played around with the menu/home screen very much, but it seems super simple and easy to navigate (I despised the WiiU home/menu). I like the screenshot button, and tried it out last night. I went in to share it (hoping for Twitter) and am surprised I figured Nintendo would make anything easy. You have to sign up for a Nintendo account of some sort for sharing, so I quit and went back to playing.

So let's go to the reason anyone would spend money on this thing: Zelda. I'm a life long Nintendo player, and Zelda will always be one of my favorite franchises. I loved the original and A Link to the Past. The first time I fired up OoT, I was blown away. My dreams had been answered and there would never be a better game. I gave up on Nintendo after the N64 as I didn't really like their direction (including with Zelda). I did try Wind Waker years after release, and just couldn't get into it. So, as excited as I was for Breath of the Wild, I had my reservations.

Beginning my journey in this game brought me back to the first time I fired up OoT. It's just a fun, well made Zelda game. It looks and sounds great, and the world seems huge with a ton to do. I kept getting side tracked just exploring this nook, that ruin, and actually finding stuff that mattered. It's a great feeling to be back in Hyrule, and I can't stop thinking about when I'll get the chance tonight to dive back in.

The actual handheld feels pretty good to play, though I miss my X1 controller. Keep in mind, I've only played a handful of hours, but so far, it's been amazing.
    Consoles I've had the pleasure of owning.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HardlyCapable13 For This Useful Post:

donhardeone (03-15-2017), Major Stains (03-15-2017), TonkaToys (03-15-2017), tthfry (03-15-2017), wesleytomaz (03-15-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyCapable13 View Post
    I did try Wind Waker years after release, and just couldn't get into it.
    For some reason, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword have a very long "prologue", before the plot and the real game actually start. I think WW is the longest. In my opinion, this prologue only ends when you can finally sail, which could be a couple of hours into the game.
    But they're all great games.

Good to know someone who was somewhat skeptical is into the game. I will get it in about a month, if I can find it in stock.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,430 Posts
    First part of the video is about Nintendo.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 920 Posts
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-27-2017), Major Stains (04-27-2017), Retro (04-27-2017), SouthtownSlayer (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Is it funny or sad that they said the same thing about the Wii U's initial launch numbers? Or that they are only comparing it to their home consoles and not their handhelds.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Nintendo Switch's Splatoon 2 Headset Is One Clunky Setup. Splatoon 2, Nintendo Switch's colorful and chaotic shooter due out next month, will feature voice chat in multiplayer mode. We've now gotten a look at the (hefty) Splatoon 2-themed headset that will launch alongside the game courtesy of the Splatoon 2's Japanese Twitter account.

Fans no doubt expected something a little less clunky, with this configuration including a splitter that allows you to hear both voice chat from your phone and game audio from the system itself. According to an image published by 4Gamer, the splitter's cables are less than 20 inches long. The site also reports the headset will cost about US $32. We still don't know if you'll be able to use other headsets in the game.

In March, Nintendo revealed Splatoon 2 would have voice chat, using smart devices to link up to eight different Nintendo Switch systems together for local multiplayer.

Meanwhile, Splatoon 2's Japanese players are getting a Switch bundle with the game, neon green and pink Joy-Cons, and game stickers. A similar colored Switch Pro controller is being released and, last month, Nintendo began offering an actual empty Splatoon 2 bundle box for preorder for anyone who wants the packaging but already owns a Nintendo Switch.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ni.../1100-6450486/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Retro (2 Weeks Ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2