Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    My first top 10. Got pretty lucky with the circle, and made it into the top 10 without even firing a shot or being shot at. Had a chance to kill one more, but died out of the circle. I didn't realize that not only does the playfield get smaller but being outside the circle gets more and more toxic till at the end it's just seconds you survive outside the circle.

My heart is still pumping and my hands are still shaking. Intense game.

Presto Bitch!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-04-2017), GRRowl74 (07-04-2017), Retro (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Followed up in the very next match with a Top 3!

I've found an improved strategy is to fly somewhere around the middle of the map, jump out and pop my chute immediately and fly as far away from the flight path to one of the villages where there's decent loot. Usually I am all alone and can get better situated with an AR and some type scope, decent Level 2 or 3 armor, and some first aid/meds/etc. and then not need to worry about looting. I then try to make my way to each circle as it appears - avoiding buildings and any shooting that I hear.

I'm never gonna be great at killing in this game, so I'm treating it more like a survival experience.

When you are in the top 10 and that circle tightens up - holy shit is that awesome.

Presto Bitch!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-04-2017), GRRowl74 (07-04-2017), Retro (07-03-2017)

Thanks
    Nice spike. Yeah top ten shit really fun. Every bush could be someone hiding lol. I forced myself to popular areas a lot to get used to fighting just because cant really practice aim. I also like to do squads but go in solo. Either people are worse in squads or they hear footsteps and don't automatically think its an enemy because of teammates close by. So can get a jump on them sometimes. Down their buddy and try to kill friends as they come to revive him.

Always be moving when outside of buildings even when looting. Use left alt button to scan around yourself in free look to see if anyone stalking you from another direction. I'm not good at out dueling these kids 1v1 so got to see them first and abuse third person lol. Positioning can make up for my bad aim a lot of times. There is bullet drop and travel time so watch where dirt kicks and adjust on longer range shots. Or just don't shoot unless think can kill as every kid in the area will know where your at.

Could always jump in some random squads to stay alive little longer. But then your at the mercy of the internet lol. I've had some really good pick up squads where won the game actually.

Like you said jumping perpendicularly away from flight path and flying far will get you by yourself to loot up at the risk of being far away from circle.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mogley45 For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts
    One thing I've heard is, turn down foliage visuals. If they are up too high you may think you are hidden but other players see you just laying out in the middle of nowhere.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    One thing I've heard is, turn down foliage visuals. If they are up too high you may think you are hidden but other players see you just laying out in the middle of nowhere.
    I think they patched that out. So that it renders the same no matter what the setting. I put low for the fps anyways.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogley45 View Post
    I think they patched that out. So that it renders the same no matter what the setting. I put low for the fps anyways.
    Good to know. Thought that was sort of cheap. Whats the use in having nice visuals if you can't use them.

Thanks
    Yeah def was cheap. Because had to do it to compete. If your really far away and in grass ppl far off can see you because it doesn't render period after whatever amount of distance. https://www.twitch.tv/mogs45 I stream it sometimes and will if someone actually watching lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mogley45 For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-04-2017)

Thanks
    Have one of the mods add your Twitch account to the site and it will stream here as well.

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    Have one of the mods add your Twitch account to the site and it will stream here as well.
    I would, but I think I have to be on desktop version, and I won't be till August.

Thanks
    Just message Gink to set it up.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast