Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Release date leak: Sept 8 in EU, which probably means Sept 5 in US.

And..... I have trips to Italy and Switzerland for 3 weeks in late Sept/early Oct. So - once again I will probably fall behind many on the initial raid readiness.

Looking forward to it regardless.

Will be interesting to see how the MP's go - with this or Battlefront 2. Regardless, Destiny 2 launch will be a good opportunity for recruiting that's for sure. Everyone's gonna want a good crew to run with.

Presto Bitch!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Watched most of the Reveal Stream today:

My thoughts:

- As expected - gunplay looks great and very similar to first game - which was great. Glad to see it doesn't appear they tinkered much with that.

- Love the added features in the maps. Public event timers will be shown on maps - no more waiting around hoping an event starts. Lots of new activities.

- No need to go to orbit. YAY!!

- Looks like there is some form of tank/vehicle.

- Looks like there is more thought on the story mode.

- All new weapons and armor

- The social aspects look very promising. They are clearly trying to implement what "LFG" was doing for the current Destiny - giving players an opportunity to join with like-minded players or to be a "Sherpa" to guide others through Strikes and Raids. Clans will be able to seek new members right within the software, and players will be able to seek clans the same way. I see this as a potentially great tool for Team MP recruiting.

Very excited now for this game.

Presto Bitch!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-19-2017), Gadnos316 (05-19-2017), Gink (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    I'm now very excited for this game... their new clan function and feature to allow a solo player to join raids will give it immense staying power. I loved the first Destiny, but there was a lot of stuff I never got to try because of lack of matchmaking and not having anyone on my list who was playing it. That.... and I was never leveled high enough for some stuff. Hope we get a lot of MPs on this one!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gadnos316 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-19-2017), Spike Forehand (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Here's the premiere:

The Clans, clan rewards for contributions, and the "Guided games" matchmaking system (see around 55 minutes in) look promising and much needed. Hopefully it will be much larger now that old-gen consoles aren't dragging it down, which is part of why I'm not really hankering for a trip down nostalgia lane by playing the original. Definitely pre-ordering this.

Edit: Video went unavailable. Sorry
    Last edited by Scottgun00; 05-20-2017 at 10:41 AM.
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scottgun00 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-19-2017), Spike Forehand (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    Hmm, I got excited for a minute seeing they are offering Game + Expansion pass for $89.00.
    Then realized that only includes the first 2 expansions and is basically the same way they did Crota + House of Wolves.

That's been my biggest gripe with the first game, the sooner you bought in, the more you had to pay going along. You can regularly get Destiny "Complete" for $30-$35 with all the content. But if you pre-ordered and bought the expansions as they came out, you've put in $150+ Rise of Iron is still $30 and never gets discounted.

For the hours you can put in, $150 isn't a bad entertainment value, I just don't appreciate scalping your most devoted customers while offering bargain bin deals to attract latecomers.

I'll obviously still end up pre-ordering. But I'm going to grumble and shake my fist while I do so.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-20-2017), Spike Forehand (05-19-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gink View Post
    Hmm, I got excited for a minute seeing they are offering Game + Expansion pass for $89.00.
    Then realized that only includes the first 2 expansions and is basically the same way they did Crota + House of Wolves.

That's been my biggest gripe with the first game, the sooner you bought in, the more you had to pay going along. You can regularly get Destiny "Complete" for $30-$35 with all the content. But if you pre-ordered and bought the expansions as they came out, you've put in $150+ Rise of Iron is still $30 and never gets discounted.

For the hours you can put in, $150 isn't a bad entertainment value, I just don't appreciate scalping your most devoted customers while offering bargain bin deals to attract latecomers.

I'll obviously still end up pre-ordering. But I'm going to grumble and shake my fist while I do so.

Yeah. I was one of those latecomers and I still complained about The Taken King. :) Destiny for me always had the spirit of an MMO without really being an MMO and given that, with a choice of a later discount or being in at the beginning, I'd rather be in at the beginning.
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scottgun00 For This Useful Post:

Gink (05-20-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottgun00 View Post
    Yeah. I was one of those latecomers and I still complained about The Taken King. :) Destiny for me always had the spirit of an MMO without really being an MMO and given that, with a choice of a later discount or being in at the beginning, I'd rather be in at the beginning.
    True, and it's looking like it will be well worth being in at the beginning for 2. Should also be easier to justify throwing another $30 at the game with each expansion this time, as the end-game content should be more accessible this time around.

Excited for all the clan features, guided games, and in-game matchmaking. It's great that they paid attention to the tools players created and were using outside the game, LFG and public event schedules, and saw that obviously it'd be best to incorporate them into the game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    For Destiny 1 I got a deluxe edition a few months before Rise of Iron. I was still able to catch up gear wise and had a lot of good experiences. I even got through VOG and Kings Fall, but only once each and through LFG groups. Because of the changes, I'll be more than happy to pay a little more and start from day one!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadnos316 For This Useful Post:

Gink (05-20-2017)

Thanks
    Plan on getting this day 1,but not sure if going ps4 or xbox 1. Have two xboxes in the house and can shareplay with my son,but I played the heck out of 1 on ps4.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
    Plan on getting this day 1,but not sure if going ps4 or xbox 1. Have two xboxes in the house and can shareplay with my son,but I played the heck out of 1 on ps4.
    If things go the way they did with 1, there'll probably be a lot more MPs on PS4. In fact there are still MPs playing on PS4.

On the other hand, we've gotten a lot of new members since 1, so the spread may be different this time around. Might be a good question for a poll.

Can certainly understand wanting to get it for the system you have 2 of. We have 2 PS4s now, and as soon as we got the 2nd started new characters and played 1 all over again. Looking forward to being able to Co-op 2 from day 1.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast