Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One X

Thanks
    Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,543 Posts

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-13-2017), HardlyCapable13 (04-13-2017), TrojanTeacher (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,025 Posts
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-27-2017), TrojanTeacher (04-27-2017)

Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-02-2017), HardlyCapable13 (05-02-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Looking forward to drooling over more tech specs @E3 on Sunday...

Xbox Scorpio: Extra Gigabyte of RAM Unlocked for Developers

Microsoft's Mike Ybarra has announced that the latest tuning to the Xbox Project Scorpio console upgrade has unlocked an extra gigabyte of RAM for developers - just days before it's due to be revealed at E3.

Scorpio has 12GB of GDDR5 RAM - that extra gigabyte means the console now offers up to three quarters of that specifically to developers and their games, with 3GB reserved for the system.

We’ll keep tuning Scorpio to empower creators to share the best versions of their games. Unlocked extra GB of RAM for them, now 9GB of GDDR5.

Going by Ybarra's comments, it seems Microsoft intends to continue making the console's power more open to developers.

RAM represents the short-term memory available to games being played on a system - in very simple terms, the more you have available, the more a game can load at one time.

Ybarra followed up by explaining what it means for a developer not to use the full complement of free RAM on Scorpio, and the difference it makes overall:

Games that don’t use the full 9GB, the rest of the RAM will be used as a cache (making things load way faster, etc.). All games = better. https://t.co/yZTGOvBJRx

We're due to see Scorpio (or whatever it ends up being called) unveiled this Sunday, June 11 at Microsoft's E3 conference. Until then, we'll have to content ourselves with the teases (and taunts) Xbox is leaving in its trailers.
    Feel the sting here.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (06-08-2017), Retro (06-08-2017), TrojanTeacher (06-08-2017)

Thanks
    And behold...

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

HardlyCapable13 (06-12-2017)

Thanks
    I feel like I've changed my opinion on these so-called mid-life consoles, because if the PS4 Pro and the XBox One X were launched in 2 years with the very same specs nobody would bat an eyelid. It's the pace at which these technological advances are happening which makes the turnaround so quick. Like the iPhone, it seems to be a logical business move to keep cycling this tech around quickly to encourage more sales and more adopters, even if there are no major advances in technology.

The article seems to focus on the $499 price tag compared to the $399 of the PS4 Pro. Let's not forget these are exactly the same costs as the X1/ PS4 were when they launched back in 2013. And to build a PC rig with similar specs would set you back way more.

In summary, yes $500 is a lot of money. But when you think what you can get for that these days, it doesn't seem that bad of a deal.
    $500 would get your family car a service and a few tyres, or a mid range smart phone, or a new washing machine. So compared to a 4K BluRay player/ console/ smart app player, that will have hundreds of hours of use, it doesn't sound that bad at all. Yes it's a luxury item, but we're all gamers here, we are surrounded by luxury items. It's only natural to want the latest and the best.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,058 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post

In summary, yes $500 is a lot of money.
    To compare, I bought my Switch for only $100 less than that.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyCapable13 View Post
    To compare, I bought my Switch for only $100 less than that.
    I know, I was just reiterating that to many people $500, $400, or even $300 is a lot of money for a family to factor a console into their annual budget.

Thanks
    To build a gaming rig to match the Xbox One-X (and factor in that it's far better in terms optimization of games) you would be forking over about $2K.

Fact is, it's not the PS4 Pro. It's better. I'm honestly shocked it's $499, I figured we might see $699.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast