Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts

Call of Duty: WWII - General Discussion

Activision has officially confirmed that Call of Duty 2017 will be called Call of Duty: WWII, developed by Sledgehammer Games.

In a new teaser image released, Activision has announced that the worldwide reveal for Call of Duty: WWII will take place Wednesday, April 26 at 10AM Pacific / 1PM Eastern on callofduty.com.

Late last month, concept marketing artwork images for ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ appeared online. Today’s announcement confirms the leak from last month.

Thus far, Activision has officially stated that the title will take ‘Call of Duty back to its roots’ with ‘traditional combat taking center stage again.’ Michael Condrey, Studio Head of SHGames, has teased numerous times on Twitter that this year’s title will be fully boots on the ground.

Stay tuned for the latest news on Call of Duty: WWII!
    http://charlieintel.com/2017/04/21/c...wii-announced/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Gadnos316 (04-21-2017), Major Stains (04-21-2017), Retro (04-21-2017), SouthtownSlayer (04-21-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    I've got to feel a little sorry for Battalion 1944 (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/show...Battalion-1944) launching a relatively indie shooter this year with the joyous news that a mighty steaming heap of CoD has been dumped on their parade.
    It may not steal the fans wanting a more authentic WWII shooter but it will certainly take out a small percentage of those just wanting any old WWII fix.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    I've got to feel a little sorry for Battalion 1944 (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/show...Battalion-1944) launching a relatively indie shooter this year with the joyous news that a mighty steaming heap of CoD has been dumped on their parade.
    It may not steal the fans wanting a more authentic WWII shooter but it will certainly take out a small percentage of those just wanting any old WWII fix.
    I've looked more into Battalion 1944, it's actually not authentic at all. It's actually more of an original CoD/MoH type clone. Not that that is a bad thing, just not what was first hinted at.

I think this video explains some of the confusion there has been with how people are interpreting what "authentic" means.

Last edited by Retro; 04-21-2017 at 06:50 PM.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-22-2017), Major Stains (04-22-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    I've looked more into Battalion 1944, it's actually not authentic at all. It's actually more of an original CoD/MoH type clone. Not that that is a bad thing, just not what was first hinted at.

I think this video explains some of the confusion there has been with how people are interpreting what "authentic" means.

Interesting as they were originally pushing it as a 'milsim/ CoD' hybrid.
    I must admit I haven't been paying close attention to the last few months of development so have missed how things are progressing.
    Either way, I think the new CoD will certainly take away a fair chunk of the potential fanbase.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    Interesting as they were originally pushing it as a 'milsim/ CoD' hybrid.
    I must admit I haven't been paying close attention to the last few months of development so have missed how things are progressing.
    Either way, I think the new CoD will certainly take away a fair chunk of the potential fanbase.
    How many times can they go back to the same well? Other theaters of operations would be great. I once thought a Korean war era edition would be a good idea and a fresh untouched war.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rustang7207 For This Useful Post:

TonkaToys (04-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,545 Posts

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (04-26-2017), REMEC87 (04-26-2017), SouthtownSlayer (04-26-2017)

Montreal, Canada - Usual play times M-F 10pm -12am
    Thanks
    For the first time in 5 years...where do I sign up?

Sad to say but BF is identical to COD these days so why the heck not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REMEC87 For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (04-26-2017), Retro (04-26-2017)

Thanks
    Cmon, I was hoping they'd do COD War of 1812!

They have done WW2 so many times, but I think I'll have to check this out. Storming the beaches on these gen consoles will be insane! But of course... season pass.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadnos316 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (04-28-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadnos316 View Post
    Cmon, I was hoping they'd do COD War of 1812!

They have done WW2 so many times, but I think I'll have to check this out. Storming the beaches on these gen consoles will be insane! But of course... season pass.
    COD has done only 4 WW2 out of 13 years. And its been 9 years since they did one. I am seriously excited for this one.
    I'm sooo tired of the jetpack/wallrunning
    (Ed)
    Psalm 18:39 You armed me with strength for battle; you made my enemies bow at my feet.
    Once a Marine always a Marine

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psalm For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-22-2017), Major Stains (05-23-2017), TonkaToys (05-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    I also disliked the wall running, that is until I played a game in Titanfall 2 that does it right. Balanced fluid maps, no paid DLC crap, free maps, no weapon supply drops and then of course there is gigantic titans.

New COD does look good but I can not get myself to buy it knowing they are going to add supply drops to the game, it is just the way they go about doing it in a dishonest way. Let's see if they announce it before hand or wait till everyone's bought it and then add it like recent COD titles.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (05-22-2017)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast