Thread: Mini Metro

Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 798 Posts

Mini Metro

So I had to buy something from the Steam store for >$5 to unlock the ability to have friends, so I found this little game called Mini Metro.

It's kind of like a city builder game that can be played in short doses with games that only last about 15 miniutes or so.

The challenge is to build an efficient metro connecting stations. The game ends if any of the stations gets overcrowded too much.

Very fun/interesting puzzle game.

Presto Bitch!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (06-10-2017), Gink (06-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Forehand View Post
    So I had to buy something from the Steam store for >$5 to unlock the ability to have friends, so I found this little game called Mini Metro.

It's kind of like a city builder game that can be played in short doses with games that only last about 15 miniutes or so.

The challenge is to build an efficient metro connecting stations. The game ends if any of the stations gets overcrowded too much.

Very fun/interesting puzzle game.
    Have you played it yet? I've seen it here and there before and was sort of curious about it. Didn't realize it had short games, I just thought it was a transportation design game with an interesting design. Short games is a cool idea for that genre, so many of them require, or suck you in for so many hours I hesitate to jump into them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gink View Post
    Have you played it yet? I've seen it here and there before and was sort of curious about it. Didn't realize it had short games, I just thought it was a transportation design game with an interesting design. Short games is a cool idea for that genre, so many of them require, or suck you in for so many hours I hesitate to jump into them.
    Yeah - I've spent a couple of hours in the game.

Very challenging and interesting as it's probably more of a puzzle game than a sim/building game. Game length is solely determined by how well you do, but there's also some luck involved in how the different metro stations appear on your map. Best I did so far was about 25 minutes and something like 1000 passengers. Game ends when a station gets overcrowded, which is inevitable.

On the negative side, there is not a lot of variation in the game. Sure - it has diffferent maps representing real cities, but the game play is identical from map to map. I guess the achievements offer different challenges - haven't really looked at those yet.

Presto Bitch!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spike Forehand For This Useful Post:

Gink (06-16-2017)