D2 Beta inbound

July 18: PlayStation 4 Pre-Order BETA

July 19: Xbox One Pre-Order BETA

July 21: Open BETA for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

July 23: Console BETA End-date

Late August: PC BETA
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scottgun00 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (06-13-2017), Gadnos316 (06-13-2017), Gink (06-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 785 Posts
    Fudge - I am gonna be in Germany from the 10th to 21st July so gonna miss most of the pre-order beta. :(

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    Much to my own surprise I was actually considering a look at D2, but I've heard rumblings of a lot of PS4 exclusives. That doesn't make this Xbox owner exactly anxious to buy it.
    Last edited by JockoPablo; 06-13-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    Much to my own surprise I was actually considering a look at D2, but I've heard rumblings of a lot of PS4 exclusives. That oesn't make this Xbox owner exactly anxious to buy it.
    The first game did the same thing. Looks like this time around it's 1 strike, some armor, a ship, a PvP map, and a sniper rifle that won't be available on XBox for a year. Not sure how much this effected/bothered players the first time around. We tended to have a larger Destiny group on PS4, not sure how much this had to do with anything.

Timed exclusives always suck, but hey, it's better than delaying the entire game for a year on one console, Rise of the Tomb Raider? At least Xbox players will still be able to play and have 99% the same experience.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    First gameplay details of Destiny 2’s open beta ahead of its PS4 launch this month. First campaign mission, Crucible modes and more.

Bungie isn’t messing around, as today it revealed the first details of Destiny 2‘s beta, which kicks off later this month. The beta – with early access from 18th July if you pre-order and 21st July for everyone else – will provide a sampling of Destiny’s different play modes. Here’s what’s scheduled on PS4, straight from Bungie HQ:

Destiny 2 campaign

You’ll get a chance to try the first mission in Destiny 2’s campaign. What does Dominus Ghaul want with the Traveler?

Crucible competitive play.
    The Destiny 2 Open Beta comes with support for two competitive modes. In the new mode Countdown, you’ll attack or defend a base on a map custom-built for this new scenario. In Control, an update on the Crucible standby, you’ll attempt to dominate zones on a map built for this objective type.

Strike

In the Inverted Spire Strike, you’ll assault a well-protected Vex stronghold with the help of two teammates. You can also use matchmaking to join up with a Guardian fireteam!

New subclasses

Each Class’s new fighting style will be available in the Open Beta — that means Warlocks can try out the Dawnblade, Hunters the Arcstrider, and Titans the Sentinel.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...ch-this-month/

Thanks
    Im gotta be there... Im hardcore destiny... Hope there good number of mp players there playin... I saw video of ign with titan that look like captin american.

https://youtu.be/2cVZZR8EGDU
    PSN: insan1ty79
    Youtube: deafresistance
    Game: Destiny. RainbowS. Division
    Deaf Gamer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Insan1ty79 For This Useful Post:

Gadnos316 (07-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    Much to my own surprise I was actually considering a look at D2, but I've heard rumblings of a lot of PS4 exclusives. That doesn't make this Xbox owner exactly anxious to buy it.
    Don't worry, you can just play PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds instead!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

HardlyCapable13 (07-11-2017), tthfry (07-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Is the open beta available for download now or does it become available later?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    I've not seen anything yet.

Edit: Looks like the download code will be emailed.
    Last edited by DeadChaos; 07-12-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Thanks
    The Destiny 2 beta doesn’t go live until next week, but you can prepare for the party by preloading the beta starting July 13, publisher Activision confirmed today to Polygon.

Downloads of the beta will be available worldwide as of 10 a.m. PDT tomorrow, an Activision representative told Polygon. The spokesperson also confirmed that the preload time applies to both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, even though the beta will go live a day earlier on PS4. There’s no word on the download size yet.

While Activision will eventually open up the Destiny 2 beta to all PS4 and Xbox One owners, you’ll only be able to preload it if you have a code. There are only two ways to obtain a beta key: pre-ordering the game, or receiving a code from a third party — like, say, a gaming publication such as Polygon! (We’ve got a bunch of codes from Activision, and we’ll be doing a giveaway soon.)
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/12/15...e-ps4-xbox-one