Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    I bought this one couple of months ago because I did not want to fork out so much money for another TV just because the main TV is always in use. Although I admit I'm not really bothered with the 1ms or the Hz, this monitor does the job perfectly, even better than my TV and that is on TF2 and RB6. It is sitting on my desk in the corner connected to a PS4 and desktop. Like Retro said, if you sit behind the desk 24inch is fine. Monitor also has a headphone jack so you can plug in speakers or headphones.

ASUS VS248HR 24 inch Gaming Monitor (1 ms, 1920 x 1080, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, 250 cd/m2) - Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-05-2017)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    I bought this one couple of months ago because I did not want to fork out so much money for another TV just because the main TV is always in use. Although I admit I'm not really bothered with the 1ms or the Hz, this monitor does the job perfectly, even better than my TV and that is on TF2 and RB6. It is sitting on my desk in the corner connected to a PS4 and desktop. Like Retro said, if you sit behind the desk 24inch is fine. Monitor also has a headphone jack so you can plug in speakers or headphones.

ASUS VS248HR 24 inch Gaming Monitor (1 ms, 1920 x 1080, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, 250 cd/m2) - Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks, I'll check that one out. Currently looking at this one - got all the goodies, but a little bit steep for my pocket at just above 300.

Thanks
    Still a bit unsure about this Hz thing, and how it affects ps4 gaming. Price difference between 144 and lower is pretty big. Googled a bit and see on some forums people claim the ps4 maxes out on 60Hz. If that's the case, it might be worth it to go for a bigger monitor with lower Hz?

Thanks
    Most people say 60 is fine for PS4. This is what I dislike about consoles (trying to be PC's) and this FPS/4K craze, now you have to buy monitors/TV to go with the console which is not the reason I chose console gaming.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thinking of monitor this time primarily because of the cost. Gaming is done on "the old tv", and thus only upgraded when the living room tv is upgraded - and frankly I don't see that happening any time soon. So I'm guessing I'll be a happy camper with 60Hz, and let's face it - any more will certainly not improve my gaming.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-06-2017), tthfry (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Yeah it's as I say, will you really notice the Hz difference - any of us MLG? Prob not
    But, as tech moves along over time, if you going to spend the dosh now, may have to plan a little for later - talks of ps5 already very much alive and kicking - soon it will be 5 pro etc...
    I do the console thing because I got tired of the costs of building and upgrading to just be able to play stuff on pc, so I'm obviously in it for the fun not the quality as the master race will have you believe - but in saying that, if my cheapy can perform well, well then I prefer being able to utilize it

but again, you have to get paid to play if you're really going to be bothered by the Hz or ms unless it's truly sub par

The casual guy couldn't tell you the difference

and then lets say you have the god setup - you still have your internet connection and the distance to servers as well as the server performance itself to contend with...

Just buy the damned monitor and post us some picture :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
    He'll make it whissle;
    An legs an arms, an heads will sned

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-06-2017), GRRowl74 (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Grrowl, how about this one?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-06-2017), HeadsWilSned (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    Grrowl, how about this one?

Actually, that's the one I'm using now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadsWilSned View Post
    But, as tech moves along over time, if you going to spend the dosh now, may have to plan a little for later - talks of ps5 already very much alive and kicking - soon it will be 5 pro etc...
    Yep, that's just what I'm worried about. Already I'm second guessing my slim purchase - should I have sprung for the pro instead - but I know it's kind of hopeless to think like that. I may dream of a superior setup with all the bells and whistles, but that's not gonna happen unless I get some genious billion dollar idea or my as of yet unknown, filthy rich uncle in America decides to keel over in a freak hamburger accident and leave all his wealth to me. So I'll ponder a bit, and then probably spring for the Benq RL2755.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadsWilSned View Post
    Just buy the damned monitor and post us some picture :p
    Yes, sir! Just as soon as I get all this damned sand and sunscreen off my credit card.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRowl74 View Post
    Yes, sir! Just as soon as I get all this damned sand and sunscreen off my credit card.
    yeah yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
    He'll make it whissle;
    An legs an arms, an heads will sned

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-06-2017), GRRowl74 (07-06-2017)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast