Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts

Monitor for PS4 gaming

Ok, just an update. I have now ordered the darn thing, thank the lords - all that googling was making my hair grey(er).

Just to be sure though, I emailed the company. I do these things, I'm the worst costumer, polite, meticulous, knowledgable, and pretty friggin annoying. I asked about delivery time, as I was on vacation and didn't want the screen to sit on a shelf for a week and a half and maybe go on a round trip before I got home to pick it up. Anyway, the company answered 2 days processing order, then 4-6 days delivery. That's four. To six. Working days. With my math skills that might sum up to 10, on a good day. My life skills tells me just about 2 weeks, so I go ok, let's order this bad boy and it'll be here a day or two after I get home.

But nooo. I ordered on Tuesday. July 11th. Today - 2 days - Two. Days. Later. It now sits on a shelf in the friggin post office/convenience store waiting for me to come pick it up.

Now, I'm normally not prone to complaining about my order being delivered too FAST, but there you go. Thankfully there is a 14 day deadline, so I think I'll probably be able to get it before it is sent back. But that was before I heard the airline I travel with might go on strike. Jeez.

Wonder if there's still another cold beer in the fridge? With my luck it's probably frozen solid.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 07-13-2017 at 06:18 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

HeadsWilSned (07-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRowl74 View Post
    With my luck it's probably frozen solid.
    ....like me forgetting a beer can in the freezer, burst open and the slush pouring all over the inside of the freezer. Good luck with that monitor

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-14-2017)

Thanks
    Shit early or even on-time deliveries don't exist in my part of the world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
    He'll make it whissle;
    An legs an arms, an heads will sned

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-14-2017)

Thanks
    Just got home, picked up the Zowie and set it up. So far things look ok, need to do some tweaking on the settings before I'm completely ready. There it is, anyways. (So much smaller than my old telly tho :))

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

HeadsWilSned (07-22-2017), Major Stains (07-23-2017), tthfry (07-24-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    How was it?
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (07-23-2017), HeadsWilSned (07-23-2017)

Thanks
    It looks great, actually! It's still a bit of getting used to the smaller, sharper image on the monitor, and all these bloody choices. Looks like I have to mess around a bit with the settings for a while before I rank up to platinum ;)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

HeadsWilSned (07-24-2017), tthfry (07-24-2017), Uglyduck213 (08-29-2017)

Thanks
    How has this been working out for you? I'm nearly in the same boat and thinking of getting a monitor
    PSN ID: HFD_E-213

Thanks

Monitor for PS4 gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck213 View Post
    How has this been working out for you? I'm nearly in the same boat and thinking of getting a monitor
    It's been great so far, I think it's a significant improvement in my overall gaming experience. It's probably not the best monitor out there, but from the ones I found in my price range I'm very pleased with my choice. The Benq Zowie series has got some more expensive models, but as far as repsonse time/input lag they're the same. This monitor is designed for console, so if you plan on combining it with PC gaming, I wouldn't recommend this particular screen, because of the limit in framerate and resolution.

I'm also glad I chose to go for the 17" model instead of the 14". This one is big enough that I can sit back in my chair when I play, and not upright at a desk as most PC players do with a 14" screen.

The monitor has speakers, but I never use them (maybe I will for Fifa or Rocket League) because the sound is not much to write home about. A good headset is necessary, or opt for some decent external speakers if you wanna let your ears out of prison.

The zowie caught some bad review on colors - but I think they're quite good, at least compared to my old TV. Also viewing at angles aren't great, but that's only a problem if you're gaming with an audience.

I have noticed a slight improvement in my FPS skill lately, which might be credited to the reduced input lag/response time.

So, if you're thinking about getting a monitor, I definitely recommend it.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 08-30-2017 at 05:55 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (08-30-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts
    We got my eldest a SAMSUNG - T24E390 24" LED TV for his 13th recently.
    It is described as a monitor on the box, but the fact it has a freeview tuner in sold it to us (may just be a UK thing?)
    The picture quality is very good on his XBox, has 2 HDMI ports and USB as well as the usual PC connections.
    The screen size is ideal for a bedroom and he seems one very happy bunny so far.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (08-30-2017), SouthtownSlayer (08-30-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4