Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Quite frankly, after hitting the level cap it's been raining shaders.
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottgun00 View Post
    Quite frankly, after hitting the level cap it's been raining shaders.
    That's good. I got my first one last night at level 11. Obviously not using it since I'm mostly only up to blue gear and replacing gear after every mission. Still think it's ridiculous that they come in packs of 3. I'll probably end up being that one weird kid who wore entire outfits where nothing matches. 1 shader from this pack, 1 shader from that...

Also got an exotic engram, but I'm hiding it from the cryptarch since I'm sure if I decoded it I'd find some piece of green loot 5 minutes later that had better stats.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 814 Posts
    I'm still only at level 12/13, and starting to get shaders pretty regularly, as well as weapon/armor mods. Most of them have come as 'gift' packages from the Eververse vendor, so not sure how regularly we'll get those. Also starting to see 5 packs of shaders, which make more sense. Not sure if that was patched in, or if the 3 packs are just the low-level version and 5 are considered "rare".

All-in-all this is starting to look like a non-issue. Sure, shaders won't be quite as much of a unique thing, a memento you keep from a particular event or raid, but I don't think we'll be running low on them or having no choice but to throw real money out to customize our characters.

The game so far, even with changes to weapon slotting, subclasses, etc. I wasn't sure I'd like, is pretty engrossing and a lot of fun, so I can't imagine staying all that concerned about cosmetics and such for very long. Yes, there are microtransactions, but I can safely say you can easily ignore them. I've already got a comparable number of emotes to how many I'd acquired by the end of D1, though they probably aren't any different from what everyone else is getting in gift packs.

My only question at this point, is when the hell am I going to get a sparrow? The fast travel system, and not having to go to orbit all the time is awesome, but I'm surprised to be above level 10 and not have a sparrow. We're probably going to spend more time on Nessus this evening though, and it's a big open area, so I'm hoping that's where we'll finally get a new ride.

Thanks
    Imo Bungie did the microtransactions right this time. It is all cosmetic that you can get through just playing the game. You are basically paying for convenience. I get shaders all the time from legendary engrams anyways. Since shaders are an easy mechanic to implement, I would like to see a procedurly generated system that basically has an infinite amount of shaders and get rid of the single use concept. Hell you could let the community create them and then have votes on which one could be put in the game. This is really a mechanic I think Bungie is over looking, they could do the same thing with nametags also.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    'Another day nearer the battle
    So drink up, lads and look brave.
    For another day nearer the battle
    Is another day nearer the grave.'

Imperial Guard drinking song

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2