2. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (1 Week Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,282 Posts
    I've been following this game so I will see how this new mode develops. Not sure if it's worth paying early access when the game is supposedly going free to play next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 993 Posts
    Yeah - true say.

I'd give it a go if it was free / limited time demo / super cheap. The 100 pvp mode sounds intriguing, but I don't want to pay for something I am not going to play... although I seem to do that a lot anyway.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (1 Week Ago)

Thanks
    According to a number of reports, Epic has allowed cross-platform play for Fortnite over the weekend, enabling PS4 players to join their Xbox One friends.

This is particularly interesting because Epic Games has not announced the move prior, but also because it would be the first modern game to allow cross-platform play across Sony and Microsoft’s platforms.

Fortnite already offers cross-platform play between PC, and PS4. Paragon – Epic’s MOBA – does this as well on the same platforms, but never between the two major consoles. This discovery was reported by multiple PS4 players on Reddit, after they spotted spaces in the names of players they interacted with online.

Xbox Live is the only network that allows spaces in gamertags. After doing some digging to confirm they didn’t just run into PC players, Reddit users came upon the profiles of the Xbox One players they met.

After this news came to light, many other threads started popping up on the official subReddit, confirming similar encounters.

To further verify this, one player on Xbox One played a match with his son on PS4. Unless this was an error, it seems that cross-platform is now possible in Fortnite. Of course, it’s always been technically possible for Fortnite and many other games, all waiting on Sony’s approval for them to actually enable the feature.

It’s not clear if Sony made an exception here or if this is something we’ll be seeing more of in the future.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/18/for...m-play-report/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (3 Days Ago)

Thanks
    Enabling PS4 and Xbox One cross-platform play in Fortnite was not intentional, says Epic

For a few hours yesterday, Fortnite players on PS4 and Xbox One could join the fun together regardless of which platform they played on.

It was unprecedented, and it made a lot of people happy that finally, walls appeared to be falling since Sony was believed to have allowed cross-platform play with Xbox One. Unfortunately, this was not an intended change.

After ourselves and many others reported the news, Epic turned it back off. The developer told The Verge that it was actually the result of a configuration issue. “We had a configuration issue and it has now been corrected,” said Epic.

It’s disappointing, but not really surprising. Something as big as cross-network support would have come with a bit more fanfare. If it was truly Sony’s decision, we would have seen other games open the floodgates on the same day, considering how many developers want the feature.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/19/ena...nal-says-epic/

Thanks
    Doh! Why did people blab - Epic probably would not have fixed it if Sony hadn't caught wind they hadn't noticed their mistake
    -Charlie

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (1 Day Ago), Retro (2 Days Ago)

Thanks
    Fortnite’s Battle Royale will be free for everyone on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Mac starting next week.

Epic Games’ Fortnite will introduce the 100-player PUBG-esque mode on September 26.

The PvP mode puts players on a giant map with destructible environments where they will “combine their Fortnite building and combat skills,” to be the last one standing.

Battle Royale is free and Epic said it will not sell items which provide a “competitive advantage,” but cosmetics or compendium-like content will be available in the future.

The mode will also introduce squads, a battle bus, and the development team is working to improve combat, controls, weapons, movement and inventory.

Epic is also said those who purchased Fortnite just for the Battle Royale mode can receive a refund if purchased between September 12-19. The FAQ states to contact Epic to receive the refund, and you’ll still be able to play Fortnite Battle Royale for free.

The game’s “Save the World” PvE campaign remains in paid Early Access, and there are plenty of updates in the works for the feature which will go free in 2018. New modes and October content is also in the works.

Those interested in Fornite’s Battle Royale can download tit through the Epic Games PC launcher. Console players can download it through the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/20/for...ing-next-week/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Major Stains (19 Hours Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 781 Posts
    I will definitely try this. If it's even half as good as PUBG it will be worth playing.

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    wow - that's decent of them to refund people that have already paid for the game.

Might as well give it a try.
    -Charlie