Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Destiny General

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts

Destiny General

Gamespot posted a guide for the first Raid. For those interested.

Click here

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retro For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-14-2017), Siggman (09-14-2017)

Thanks
    And here's a guide to making heroic public events:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de.../1100-6453219/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    And here's a guide to making heroic public events:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/de.../1100-6453219/
    Yep. Study it, learn it, and ALWAYS go for the heroic if there is anyone nearby.
    PSN ID: Scottgun00

Thanks
    Is there no infusion for weapons anymore? If not, is there a way to level up gear? I would love to level up the exotic gauntlets I earned early in the campaign.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    Is there no infusion for weapons anymore? If not, is there a way to level up gear? I would love to level up the exotic gauntlets I earned early in the campaign.
    You can infuse weapons once you get the crystals from dismantling legendaries and exotics. This is a main mechanic of gear progression. You will also randomly get power lvl 10 gear which are basically skins and then you can infuse and mod them accordingly. Although I believe you have to be 280 before you can remove mods from gear and dismantle mods for mod components.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    'Another day nearer the battle
    So drink up, lads and look brave.
    For another day nearer the battle
    Is another day nearer the grave.'

Imperial Guard drinking song

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    I'm at 265 and have barely messed with mods at all. I do like that infusing is in this game from the beginning. It definitely gives you many more options for what gear you hold onto, instead of there only being a couple of sets of armor that are good enough at higher levels, you can hold onto any legendary/exotic and keep it up to snuff if you like how it looks or some other feature of it. I imagine mods will only increase that, though I think eventually I'll feel like I need 3 full sets of armor in my stash, with mods and perks to match different subclasses and loadouts. But, I guess that'll give me something to keep working on for a while.

Thanks
    That is what I am shooting for. 3 sets of armor to match the subclasses. Got to look good while killing Cabal.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to darkstar2480 For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar2480 View Post
    You can infuse weapons once you get the crystals from dismantling legendaries and exotics.
    I guess I don't have enough crystals. I dismantled an exotic so I have a few, but when I go to the exotic armor and click the Infuse option nothing happens.

Thanks
    Sorry I didn't explain that very good. So to infuse a piece of gear you need either 1-4 crystals or glimmer. Once you have these, you need the piece you want to infuse and then a like piece of gear that has I higher base power level. Not sure if there is a level requirement for infusing gear.

An example would be like this. I have an exotic chest piece with a 230 power level. I get a legendary chest piece with a 240 power level from an engram. I really like the look of my exotic though. With the exotic equipped go into the details and then hover over the left most icon under the traits of the piece. You should see the legendary chest piece there. As long as you have the crystals or glimmer you should be able to dismantle the legendary and you exotic is now 245.
    The extra 5 comes from the +5 mod all exotics have.

PSA: If you infuse an item that has a blue mod in it with an item that has a +5 mod you will lose the +5 mod in the infusion. This happened with me when I infused a sidearm with a blue mod with a sidearm that had a +5 modifier. The blue modded sidearm was the one I was trying to raise the power level on.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to darkstar2480 For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    I don't think there's a level requirement for infusing, but it might be 10 like applying shaders, I didn't try very early, but I know you can before 20, as I just realized yesterday that all characters share the stash of legendary shards, and infused my Level 15 Hunter's Lucky Pants.

Keep in mind that the item you are "dismantling for infusion", getting rid of to boost the one you want to keep, contributes towards the shard cost. So, Infusing costs 4 legendary shards, but legendary items break down into 3 shards, exotics into 5 shards. So to infuse with a blue item will cost 4 shards, to infuse using a purple item will only cost 1 shard, since you are getting 3 from the item, and infusing with an exotic will not cost any shards (but is a bad idea, since you will actually lose 1 shard on the deal vs. breaking it down into 5 shards).

Confusing, I know, but you will figure it out after you do a few.

Infusing with mods is even more confusing and I still mostly ignore it, but will obviously have to get more into it once I'm high enough to really need to optimize gear sets.
    If there's a +5 power mod on the item you break down to infuse, you lose it. But I see people refer to having a +5 power mod on the item being 'upgraded' (the one you are keeping / boosting) as getting "5 free power". Which I still don't understand, as the +5 is from the mod, so isn't really free, and you would lose it if you changed/removed the mod, right? Or is it added into the base power of the item during infusion, and you can then use the mod slot for a different mod? I can't imagine the devs being that nice to us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast